Windows 10: Who is Cortana?

Discus and support Who is Cortana? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This Cortana feature seems like some kind of joke. Just installed Win10. Now, everytime my laptop goes to sleep, I have to re-boot to get it going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by makvic, Jan 29, 2016.

1. makvic Win User

Who is Cortana?

This Cortana feature seems like some kind of joke. Just installed Win10. Now, everytime my laptop goes to sleep, I have to re-boot to get it going again. I asked Cortana why, and the answer came back with a link to the Beatles' "Why Don't We Do It In the Road"...

:)

makvic, Jan 29, 2016
  2. Who is this, Jan 29, 2016
  3. ckj69 Win User
    Who is Nokia???

My first mobile and every single phone after that has been a NOKIA right up to my current N8. Every time there has been a discussion about the pros and cons varios mobile platforms and products, I have supported Nokia regardless of product failings.

Why????

Because I believed in Nokia and what I "thought that they stood for" and wanted to do for their customers.!!!

Now Nokia allow themselves to lose their identity and become a company that has decided that when the "going gets tough" they cannot be resolute and maintain their independence and just jump on a merry go roung of "phone clones" that will are no different
    to any other mobile phones out there.

What Nokia have failed to grasp, is that the primary reason myself and millions of others out there buy and support Nokia is that they habe until now never succumed to a "SELL OUT". Not only of the products but their core company beliefs that have attracted
    all of us in the first place.

If we wanted a W7 phone we would just buy one....

WE DON"T...!!!!

We wanted "THE NOKIA EXPERIENCE"...Nothing More and Nothing Less...!!!!

If you had just done your research (thousands of forums all say the same) you would never have allowed yourself to be hoodwinked by an ex MS employee. Ther is nothing wrong with a company chasing a commercial profit...but not ath the expense of losing your
    own identity.

I feel extremely cheated and will no longer buy a NOKIA product (and neither will the many many others. you only have to surf the forums to see that)

It is a shame to see such a fall from grace.....

ckj69, Jan 29, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Who is Cortana?

Answer to thread title: Cortana is the name of a fictional character in the Halo video game.

Now as to your question on it/her, in Windows 10, Cortana is a web search/system & folder search tool, that can be used by voice or text(typing). Like any search tool, you need to be more specific, and if using voice, Cortana needs to be trained. Also when cleaning your system(browser and OS) you need to make sure you DO NOT clean MS search or browser history, so Cortana can learn your interest's, and you can benefit from the advanced search algorithm.

Cliff S, Jan 29, 2016
  5. I Find Cortana very helpful.
    I use her 99% of the time to search the web.
    She is certainly fast at finding what you want.

hTconeM9user, Jan 29, 2016
  6. makvic Win User
    Thx for the input folks. I guess it's just another thing to get used to. Still have an issue with having to re-boot after sleep mode...made another post in 'Installation and Set-Up'

makvic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Who is Cortana?

1. Who is Cortana? - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  4. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. End of support for Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  6. End of support for Cortana

End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  7. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  8. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  9. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  10. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...