Windows 10: Who is paying for MS Windows bug testing?

Discus and support Who is paying for MS Windows bug testing? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I'm really surprised if MS would pay to the customers for their bug testing which are caused by poor developers from MS. Let's check the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris::, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Chris:: Win User

Who is paying for MS Windows bug testing?

Hi!
    I'm really surprised if MS would pay to the customers for their bug testing which are caused by poor developers from MS.

Let's check the scenario:

A company buys 10 PC with MS Win10 and other needed apps.

MS release a new crappy update which is installed automatically, even if the buyer won't install the update.

The OS crashes and the only option is to reinstall the PC's.

To reinstall 10 or in some case much more PC's is a real big problem.

- install the OS

- the whole peripheral hardware

- every needed softwares again ( all that phone calls and emails to the software developers to inform them about the crash and ask them to send a new key, serial number etc. )

- installing networks, domain, databases etc...

As and outsourcing company like me, who cooperate with other companies and offer to them a complete system administration, data backup solution etc.
    After I access to such of a disaster where several PC's OS was crashed because the OS was updated with an unwanted

update what was illegally installed by the OS vendor in this case MS, to who should I send the bill for the compley

new installations and much more?

To Microsoft or to the company who bought the OS from Microsoft and payed hard for everything and on the end Microsoft crashed his PC.

So, I really would know what MS hase to say about such of situation?

Here in Serbia, it is almost impossible to access MS Support, even the web site is completely bugging where you can leave a

message to the MS support team, no way to send them the message.

That's really shame to the Serbian Microsoft Support Team I assume they are located in Belgrade.

But I don't know how that is in other country...

My best regards.

:)

Chris::, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 18, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Who is paying for MS Windows bug testing? - Similar Threads - paying bug testing

2. How do I download Microsoft Pay to test?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download Microsoft Pay to test?: I am implementing wallets, which includes Microsoft Pay, through Stripe and I'm trying to figure out a way to test this implementation. Is there a way to download Microsoft Pay? It took a while but.I finally found it in the Microsoft Store but I'm unable to download it on my...
  3. How do I download Microsoft Pay to test?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I download Microsoft Pay to test?: I am implementing wallets, which includes Microsoft Pay, through Stripe and I'm trying to figure out a way to test this implementation. Is there a way to download Microsoft Pay? It took a while but.I finally found it in the Microsoft Store but I'm unable to download it on my...
  4. How do I download Microsoft Pay to test?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Reporting bug in Microsoft Jigsaw - who to report bug to for it to be attended to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reporting bug in Microsoft Jigsaw - who to report bug to for it to be attended to: Microsoft Jigsaw – Landscapes - Tate-yama, Japan – Please correct the timing formula. Test made 2021-09-05 I knew this is faulty, and had previously reported this, some years ago. Select the 24-piece option. See first picture below.My time, 01:24, does not replace the...
  6. Bug in MS Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug in MS Paint: MS Paint doesn't show any text, I don't know if this is a bug, but I would like to ask how to resolve this. I already have tried to close and reopen the app, but it doesn't change anything. There are some screenshots:[ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Paying in MS Subscriptions CoinVault

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Paying in MS Subscriptions CoinVault: I am showing a monthly 'subscription' to CoinVault in my Microsoft Subscriptions. I do not recall receiving ransomware or downloading the 'app' Despite paying yearly for a Help Desk subscription the service has degraded in the past year immensely. It is next to impossible to...
  8. Who is paying to have my computer fixed?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Who is paying to have my computer fixed?!?!?!: Because of your millions of updates my computer wont even turn on. So will pay to have it fixed?!?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-is-paying-to-have-my-computer-fixed/da3f8117-7116-4032-a3b7-acb7d259c48a
  9. Windows Update not tested for bugs?

Windows Update not tested for bugs?: I have removed update KB450684 twice already because each time it renders searching for any programs or files inoperable just a blank search will appear. I have read some online trouble shooting and it seems most users are manually making changes to their registry files and...
  10. Who test the begin of year routines for Windows 10?

Who test the begin of year routines for Windows 10?: Who test the begin of year routines for Windows 10. Surely not Microsoft testers who have been fired. Do the insiders skip date ahead months to do that necessary testing. On Jan 3 I turn on two computer about the same time and lost both 1809 OS at same time. My backup...