Windows 10: Who is the Owner of Windows License

Discus and support Who is the Owner of Windows License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My sister purchased a HP Laptop in 2015 with Win 10 preinstalled. It was activated back then and my sister name was shown in it. But some years i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gorakh Nath Sharma, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Who is the Owner of Windows License

My sister purchased a HP Laptop in 2015 with Win 10 preinstalled. It was activated back then and my sister name was shown in it. But some years i acquired that laptop from her and did a factory reset. I also upgraded it to Version 18362 and after i can't see my sister's name in 'Winver' dialog box. It now shows only "org name". Also my PC has local account on my name instead of a Microsoft account. Where can i check for the owner of the license key?

:)

Gorakh Nath Sharma, Jul 7, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 7, 2019
  4. BobZ2 Win User

Who is the Owner of Windows License

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Who is the Owner of Windows License

1. Who is the Owner of Windows License - Similar Threads - Owner License

2. Driver Owner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Owner: Hi there, i got a question for you. IF i reinstall my windows and delete the drivers in the installation setup, will it DELETE the owner of the driver, send the owner to OBLIVION and never see it again. I got a nasty virus and now i can fully work with my driver. I...
  3. Would like to change from owner to administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Would like to change from owner to administrator: Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to change from owner to administrator. Under control panel, user account, user account, manage account, change account, change account type. Under all that is "Choose a new account type for owner ." I am listed as administrator....
  4. "This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object", when trying to create...

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object", when trying to create...: Hi, I, and a couple of other members in our IT Team who are in the "Domain Administrators" group in active directory have been trying unsuccessfully to create a new GPO in the GPMC. Delegation is set to allow Domain Admins to create a new GPO, but whenever we try, we're...
  5. gifted a PC but it’s still attached to previous owner ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    gifted a PC but it’s still attached to previous owner ?: i was given a PC have a relative passed away. I am not sure i will be able to login to there account in order to “remove this pc” from their account. If i am unable to remove this computer from said account, what do i do ? Can i do a fresh install and not worry about it still...
  6. Unknown User as Owner

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User as Owner: Hi guys, I have a peculiar issue with an unknown Owner of a folder. To be more precise, its on my external Drive, in a folder called My Backups. I use Acronis on a disk to perform backups. Acronis is not installed. Path: ‪L:\My backups\Windows 10 Pro (C) Owner:...
  7. Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner: In March 2019 I bought a Trekstor Surfbook that came with a 2 year license for Office 365. This license is listed in my Microsoft account as being valid until March 2021. Now I am selling the machine and I would like to transfer the Office 365 license to the new owner. Can...
  8. Microsoft taking control away from the owner of the computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft taking control away from the owner of the computer.: My computer installed something at start up one morning and since has locked me out of Apps and Administrative functions. I have repeatedly been asked about a password change, and have complied by doing so. At one point I was informed the Reset would not take away the "Temp"...
  9. File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc.: Under a fille group named "Documents" I have folders like Bank/Old Credit Union, new bank/new Credit Union CULC I took a screen capture and wanted to cut/paste from where it is now (Desktop) and put it in the subfolder "new Credit Union" after notice ="you will have to...
  10. Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner: I have a Samsung laptop with OEM Windows 10 Home installed originally. I upgraded via MS Store to Windows 10 Pro on this same PC. I used my Outlook.com ID for install/managing the PC. I now want to sell the PC. It will be reset to factory, which is Windows 10 Home. How...