Windows 10: Who is the Owner of Windows License

Discus and support Who is the Owner of Windows License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My sister purchased a HP Laptop in 2015 with Win 10 preinstalled. It was activated back then and my sister name was shown in it. But some years i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gorakh Nath Sharma, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Who is the Owner of Windows License

My sister purchased a HP Laptop in 2015 with Win 10 preinstalled. It was activated back then and my sister name was shown in it. But some years i acquired that laptop from her and did a factory reset. I also upgraded it to Version 18362 and after i can't see my sister's name in 'Winver' dialog box. It now shows only "org name". Also my PC has local account on my name instead of a Microsoft account. Where can i check for the owner of the license key?

:)

Gorakh Nath Sharma, Jul 7, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 7, 2019
  4. BobZ2 Win User

Who is the Owner of Windows License

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Who is the Owner of Windows License

1. Who is the Owner of Windows License - Similar Threads - Owner License

2. Windows 10 license on refurbished PC locked to previous owner. How to solve ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 license on refurbished PC locked to previous owner. How to solve ?: Hi. I purchased a "refurbished" Dell Optiplex mini. corporate Off-LeaseIt looks like the PC was not properly sanitized.After following the recommended procedure of updating BIOS, complete wipe/clean of disk and re-install of official MS downloaded Win10 from USB stick, upon...
  3. Windows 10 license on refurbished PC locked to previous owner. How to solve ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 license on refurbished PC locked to previous owner. How to solve ?: Hi. I purchased a "refurbished" Dell Optiplex mini. corporate Off-LeaseIt looks like the PC was not properly sanitized.After following the recommended procedure of updating BIOS, complete wipe/clean of disk and re-install of official MS downloaded Win10 from USB stick, upon...
  4. Windows 10 license on refurbished PC locked to previous owner. How to solve ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Selling my Windows 11 PC. How does the new owner associate the Windows license with their...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selling my Windows 11 PC. How does the new owner associate the Windows license with their...: It's my understanding that Windows product keys are associated with specific Microsoft accounts now. I have changed hardware several times with my current Windows product key and each time, I install Windows and skip product key entry. Then, when I register my Microsoft...
  6. Selling my Windows 11 PC. How does the new owner associate the Windows license with their...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selling my Windows 11 PC. How does the new owner associate the Windows license with their...: It's my understanding that Windows product keys are associated with specific Microsoft accounts now. I have changed hardware several times with my current Windows product key and each time, I install Windows and skip product key entry. Then, when I register my Microsoft...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.

Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.: So, I bought a used laptop. Originally, it came with Windows 10 HOME, but the previous owner bought the Windows 10 PRO upgrade for it from the Microsoft Store. That apparently only comes with a digital license tied to the previous owner's Microsoft account. It has no PRO...
  8. Selling PC and transferring Windows 10 license to new owner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selling PC and transferring Windows 10 license to new owner: I have an Asus desktop that can with Windows 7 license and took advantage of the free upgrade. From memory I went from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Then upgraded to 10 Pro. I've wiped the PC clean and removed it from my Microsoft account in the device management page of my...
  9. Will Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to new Owner?

Will Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to new Owner?: I have system that I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft OS upgrade process. (The Home license was Retail and not OEM.) So I believe the Pro license is associated to my Microsoft account. I want to sell the system and transfer all rights...
  10. Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner: In March 2019 I bought a Trekstor Surfbook that came with a 2 year license for Office 365. This license is listed in my Microsoft account as being valid until March 2021. Now I am selling the machine and I would like to transfer the Office 365 license to the new owner. Can...