Windows 10: Who is "TrustedInstaller" and why do they seem to have more control over my computer then me?

Discus and support Who is "TrustedInstaller" and why do they seem to have more control over my computer then me? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been removing some files to clear some space and found that despite being the Admin I am unable to delete them because they are from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EuanWillis, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Who is "TrustedInstaller" and why do they seem to have more control over my computer then me?

I have been removing some files to clear some space and found that despite being the Admin I am unable to delete them because they are from "TrustedInstaller". When I go into security settings it wont let me change anything to do with it and I can't remove it. I find this incredibly frustrating as I own this computer and expect to be able to control what goes on it.

:)

EuanWillis, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Anna Bol Win User

TrustedInstaller, Windows 10, winSAT

Hi Ron,

To help resolve your concern, you have to first take ownership of the files or folders and then grant yourself full
    control permissions and rights. To do so, follow the steps on this link:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and then locate the file or folder you want to take ownership of.

• Right-click the file or folder, click
      Properties and then select
      Security
      tab.

• Click the
      Advanced
      button and the
      Advanced Security Settings
      window will appear. You need to change the Owner of the key. Click the
      Change link
      next to the "Owner:" label

• The
      Select User or Group window will appear. Type "NT Service\TrustedInstaller"
      as the new owner name.

• Click
      OK to change the ownership and you are done.

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Initially I got the same error that said “NTService\TrustedInstaller is not from a domain listed in the Select Location dialog box, and is therefore not valid.”

My problem was the lack of a space in "NT Service\TrustedInstaller."

I got this solution from a post by Sergey Tkachenko at Restore the TrustedInstaller ownership in Windows 10

dwlloyd810, Jun 5, 2020
  4. STEvil Win User

Who is "TrustedInstaller" and why do they seem to have more control over my computer then me?

Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Who is "TrustedInstaller" and why do they seem to have more control over my computer then me?

1. Who is "TrustedInstaller" and why do they seem to have more control over my computer then me? - Similar Threads - TrustedInstaller why seem

2. Why i have no control over my hardware anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why i have no control over my hardware anymore?: I started a bigger download and went to work. When i came home i realized the pc was restarted. My files weren't downloaded. All my applications were closed. But a update was installed. Why i can't decide anymore by myself when i turn my pc off and on?...
  3. Why i have no control over my hardware anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why i have no control over my hardware anymore?: I started a bigger download and went to work. When i came home i realized the pc was restarted. My files weren't downloaded. All my applications were closed. But a update was installed. Why i can't decide anymore by myself when i turn my pc off and on?...
  4. Why i have no control over my hardware anymore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Where do I find the settings for controlling who can access my laptop over WiFi

Where do I find the settings for controlling who can access my laptop over WiFi: Hello,I just took an old Windows 10 laptop out of closet and it required a new setup of sorts. I noticed that it asked if I wanted my apps to be able to access, and be accessed by, other computers in the vicinity. I think I pressed "no" but can't remember, and I can't find...
  6. How do I regain control over my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I regain control over my computer?: Every time I boot up, Windows tries to access bing.com. Why? I don't know. Then Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant (wlidsvc) tries to log me in to login.live.com (I do not use nor want to use a Microsoft account). Then it tries to log me into Windows Insider Service, which I...
  7. Who is paying to have my computer fixed?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Who is paying to have my computer fixed?!?!?!: Because of your millions of updates my computer wont even turn on. So will pay to have it fixed?!?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-is-paying-to-have-my-computer-fixed/da3f8117-7116-4032-a3b7-acb7d259c48a
  8. It seems I don't have control over input language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It seems I don't have control over input language: [ATTACH] Last time I had to set language options, I would go to Settings, Language and, below 'Preferred languages' it would list a single option that I used. It used to be 'English (United States)' as the default app language and Windows display language, with the...
  9. Who owns my computer, you or me?

Who owns my computer, you or me?: Today my default video player was changed from VLC Player to the Windows Media Player. I neither asked for, nor was asked about the change. When I tried to make VLC player again my choice the only option offered was to download a new, lesser quality app store version. This...
  10. Is it possible to have more control over processor time scheduler?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it possible to have more control over processor time scheduler?: Last days I have tried some very cpu intensive tasks like some stock market software. Sometimes my cpu (core i5 6600k @4Ghz) hits 100% what makes the pc to freeze for some seconds. It would be very good if there is some way to limit cpu usage like this: No software can use...