Windows 10: Who issues the App Explorer updates?

Discus and support Who issues the App Explorer updates? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm working on a new PC for a relative & got a message saying App Explorer was being updated. What I'm upset about is the fine print saying it was also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pchelp, Jan 9, 2016.

1. pchelp Win User

Who issues the App Explorer updates?

I'm working on a new PC for a relative & got a message saying App Explorer was being updated. What I'm upset about is the fine print saying it was also changing my web browser search page-or something like that. (I should know better but I failed to write down the exact message.) This is a Toshiba & I know they have several of their own apps-is this one of them or is it Microsoft?

I'm paranoid. It's a shame but experience has taught me that you should always be paranoid when working with Windows. The problem is that most of the people whose computers I work on aren't paranoid-that's why it upsets me so much when I see a supposedly legitimate company trying underhanded tricks to stick it to their customers. I get even more upset when the companies don't identify themselves-and this popup had nothing except the message.

I rather suspect this was Microsoft but don't want to accuse them unjustly. So does anybody know where the App Explorer Update came from? Thanks.

:)

pchelp, Jan 9, 2016
  2. ganomi Win User

Very slow to load Downloads folder in Windows 10

I received help from MS engineer Brian. He narrowed down the issue to opening dialog from one web page. It seems that native apps do not experience the issue.

Anyone who has the issue might verify if this problem happens in file explorer or when using open dialog from web pages.

ganomi, Jan 9, 2016
  3. AndyCox1 Win User
    Photos app hogging resources in background

For those who do not use OneDrive, and still have this issue (as I did) - you can remove OneDrive from File Explorer and that seems to - for me, at least - resolve the issue of the Photos app hogging CPU resources. The tutorial for how to remove OneDrive
    from File Exporer can be found
    here
    . Do note that it involves editing a registry key.

AndyCox1, Jan 9, 2016
Thema:

Who issues the App Explorer updates?

1. Who issues the App Explorer updates? - Similar Threads - issues App Explorer

2. Who are these?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who are these?: Hello! im wonder who are the users in groups/user names i do not know if this is malwareScreenshot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-are-these/c766c7de-66c4-4b52-8742-0c3d7ccce1aa
  3. Explorer issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer issues: Hi!I have a strange problem with my explorer - I think. 1. When I'm downloading anything threw any browser, the whole program is freezing for a 5-6 sec. It's not because of my antivirus - 100% sure.2. If I'm saving something, deleting or else on my desktop, if I want to see...
  4. Updating and App issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating and App issues: So I am having issues with updating my laptop currently. It tells me that security is the issue, but everything looks fine in security. It then tells me that action is needed in Apps & Browser. I go there and see that some apps are darkened and the majority are bright. I go...
  5. File Explorer issues after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer issues after update: My computer had just updated and I've immediately noticed a few new issues. My main one seems to be that my folder tree seems completely unresponsive when I navigate through my folder, as in, when I enter a new folder it no longer shows up after it's parent folder and so on...
  6. issue regarding update of apps

issue regarding update of apps: March 10, 2020—KB4540673 OS Builds 18362.719 and 18363.719 ive updated my pc to this version but none of the apps are working, it shows the app is updating even if the app is already updated. this issue is with other apps too[ATTACH]...
  7. App update issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App update issues: [ATTACH] This has been my life for the past 3 days. Updates get downloaded, installation gets to this point exactly, and doesn't progress any further. I tried: wsreset Log out and log in Restarting my PC Troubleshooting Windows Update wit the troubleshooter But alas,...
  8. File Explorer Issues After updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer Issues After updating: Today, I notice that my file explorer has some problems. It is probably because of the today's Windows updates. Here are the problems: 1. the status bar of file explorer: If I select some files, the status bar won't show how many files/folders in the folder I have selected....
  9. Groove new app update causing desktop / explorer bar issues on install

Groove new app update causing desktop / explorer bar issues on install: Anyone notice a glitch after installing groove update today? We use several user accounts . I updated it on mine through the store and launched it to test, all was ok. Then I logged into the other four user accounts one by one to test it works still (windows 10 can be buggy...
  10. Who's NOT having issues on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Who's NOT having issues on windows 10?: Ok gang, it's nearly been a year, longer for us on the insider program... Frankly the number of "new, first time posters" with issues just astounds me today. So ... Let's see if we can keep this thread. Who is NOT having issues with windows 10? I have one 7 year old...