Windows 10: Who owns my computer, you or me?

Discus and support Who owns my computer, you or me? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today my default video player was changed from VLC Player to the Windows Media Player. I neither asked for, nor was asked about the change. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by billbarry3, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Who owns my computer, you or me?

Today my default video player was changed from VLC Player to the Windows Media Player. I neither asked for, nor was asked about the change. When I tried to make VLC player again my choice the only option offered was to download a new, lesser quality app store version. This is more Windows10 garbage of forcing your Apps down unknowing customers throats and it should be stopped.

How do I switch my video playing back to the full quality VLC Player which I previously ran?

:)

billbarry3, Jan 14, 2019

2. Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Pre-Owned computer issues

thank you for the suggestion but... It's not stolen but the school no longer exists and the computer is nice enough to keep. Please help if you can

DaddyDoubleA, Jan 14, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

Who owns my computer, you or me?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Who owns my computer, you or me?

1. Who owns my computer, you or me? - Similar Threads - owns computer

2. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  3. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  4. My computer updated to Win 11 without consent and reverted on its own to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer updated to Win 11 without consent and reverted on its own to Win 10: Hello,I have been searching this forum for a solution to my problem... I have not found an answer.I started my computer like normal and it had updated to Windows 11 first time it done so successfully. I notice my desktop files are missing so I go into...
  5. My computer updated to Win 11 without consent and reverted on its own to Win 10

My computer updated to Win 11 without consent and reverted on its own to Win 10: Hello,I have been searching this forum for a solution to my problem... I have not found an answer.I started my computer like normal and it had updated to Windows 11 first time it done so successfully. I notice my desktop files are missing so I go into...
  6. My computer updated to Win 11 without consent and reverted on its own to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?: PLEASE accept my apologies for the size of this note! My Father has been locked out of his laptop and now his microsoft account as well. Every time he tried logging into it MS would ask for the password and then say it was the wrong one. I and several others have witnessed...
  8. Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?

Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?: PLEASE accept my apologies for the size of this note! My Father has been locked out of his laptop and now his microsoft account as well. Every time he tried logging into it MS would ask for the password and then say it was the wrong one. I and several others have witnessed...
  9. Windows shuts down the computer on its own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows shuts down the computer on its own.: I leave my computer on all the time. I am usually working on several things and have pieces of each open regularly. I do close everything no and then to let Windows update. On occasion, every few days, I go to use the computer and is is powered off. Here is some of what I...
  10. Windows shuts down the computer on its own.

Windows shuts down the computer on its own.: I leave my computer on all the time. I am usually working on several things and have pieces of each open regularly. I do close everything no and then to let Windows update. On occasion, every few days, I go to use the computer and is is powered off. Here is some of what I...