Windows 10: Who test the begin of year routines for Windows 10?

Discus and support Who test the begin of year routines for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Who test the begin of year routines for Windows 10. Surely not Microsoft testers who have been fired. Do the insiders skip date ahead months to do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gator4814, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Gator4814 Win User

Who test the begin of year routines for Windows 10?

Who test the begin of year routines for Windows 10. Surely not Microsoft testers who have been fired. Do the insiders skip date ahead months to do that necessary testing. On Jan 3 I turn on two computer about the same time and lost both 1809 OS at same time. My backup computer let me do an reinstall. My production computer required an refresh that took over an weeks to get it back to were I had it.

Microsoft seems to believe everybody use Windows as an toy and only requires a few hours to get back everything. This is the fifth software rebuilt since having 1803 and 1809 where I never had to do one from day one. I paid Microsoft extortion fee of $99 just to get Windows Pro and set delay of 365. My backup computer was caught in an never ending routine. I get the blue screen of death, followed by capturing data, follow by restart, followed by diagnostics your PC, follow by auto repair couldn't repair your computer. Choose advance option. I have learn to use create restores files as an absolute necessary but any attempt's gives me "You must enable System Protection on this Drive. Ran from C: prompt Rstrui.exe /offline:C:\windows=active. That runs the restore option for about 10 minutes but then get fail to recovery. Tried about 7 different restore up to the one that was create just after last reinstall an few week ago but they all failed. I try copy all Media Creation Flash programs to hard disk. That get me to an point where it tells me I need to call up windows on my PC first which I can't do and then run setup. I couldn't get the reinstall option to work , so I had to do the second option of refresh. So now I got my sixth computer to reinstall software.

Knowing the definitions updates were blowing up my software when two or more were being downloaded at same time, I used gpedit.msc do tell my production computer to check only on Sunday at 19:00 and set two disable checks. Useless because I had three definition updates yesterday. Maybe I required an Sunday first to set the condition. Maybe only Enterprise test this condition. I just not sure. I sure of this, it's going to required 10 millions users outside Microsoft campus with torches to get management to take their heads out of where they have them.

:)

Gator4814, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Who test the begin of year routines for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - test begin routines

2. stopped windows 10 routine automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stopped windows 10 routine automatic update: Sir,Since last six months my all-in-one PC is not updated and I am facing some problems in operating PC .Search windows is not functioning , Start menu is not shown properly and sound high/ low Bar is not shown only sound percentage is shown . Everything was OK while...
  3. Microsoft to begin testing Windows 10 21H1 update in June

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to begin testing Windows 10 21H1 update in June: Windows 10’s May 2020 Update, also known as 20H1, is expected to begin rolling out between May 26 and May 28. Windows 10’s second update in 2020 could be a minor affair and it wouldn’t introduce any major changes or new features. It would be another low-key upgrade, similar...
  4. Microsoft begins testing important patch for Windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft begins testing important patch for Windows 10 v1903: Following the latest Windows 10 updates debacle, Microsoft is now testing a new optional cumulative update to address the bugs introduced by October and September patches. Microsoft has shipped cumulative updates for Windows Insiders running both Windows 10 May 2019 Update...
  5. to begin windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    to begin windows 10: iam new windows 10.i cant install any software cant burn cd need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-begin-windows-10/01f03be0-5a7f-4aa8-876a-306242cc3b10
  6. Microsoft to begin testing Windows 10 April 2020 Update with Fast Ring Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to begin testing Windows 10 April 2020 Update with Fast Ring Insiders: Microsoft is currently working on giving final touches for its next feature update Windows 10 May 2019 which is to be released in late May this year. Windows 10 May 2019 Update will be released with major improvements to Start menu, Action Center, Settings app and more. The...
  7. Who is paying for MS Windows bug testing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Who is paying for MS Windows bug testing?: Hi! I'm really surprised if MS would pay to the customers for their bug testing which are caused by poor developers from MS. Let's check the scenario: A company buys 10 PC with MS Win10 and other needed apps. MS release a new crappy update which is installed...
  8. Microsoft begins testing Windows 10 20H1, the next big update after 19H2

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft begins testing Windows 10 20H1, the next big update after 19H2: Microsoft has begun work on Windows 10 20H1 which will be released next year, as opposed to 19H2 which will be pushed out in the second half of 2019. For some reasons, Microsoft has delayed the release of 19H2 preview builds and the company has instead released Windows 10...
  9. Microsoft begins testing File Explorer tweaks in Windows 10 19H1

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft begins testing File Explorer tweaks in Windows 10 19H1: In the changelog of Windows 10 Build 18277, Microsoft had teased a File Explorer update with minor changes. The company stated that more changes are coming to File Explorer in Windows 10’s Spring 2019 update codenamed 19H1. Microsoft noted that Insiders will receive early...
  10. Scheduling a Routine Restart Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduling a Routine Restart Windows 10 Pro: I've been searching through the threads and haven't found one yet that solves my problem so I'm hopeful someone will know how to do this simply for Windows 10 (Pro). I have preconfigured the Windows update to only allow for a restart when no users are logged on (which is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. routine testing for windows