Windows 10: Who Wants a Fully Working Recycle Bin Icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar?

Discus and support Who Wants a Fully Working Recycle Bin Icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Who Wants a Fully Working Recycle Bin Icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar? I read garbage like this and wonder "How much do people really know how to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cliff S, May 29, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Who Wants a Fully Working Recycle Bin Icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar?

I read garbage like this and wonder "How much do people really know how to use Windows?"

I have been placing my Recycle Bin on my taskbar since Windows 7.

All you have to do is, right click the taskbar and turn the Desktop toolbar on, slide the recycle bin to the top, unlock the taskbar and right click near it, then turn off Show Text & Show Title, change view to large icons, shrink till only the Recycle Bin shows, and finally lock the taskbar. The first time doing this, it can happen that after a reboot or explore restart that the default icon(personal folder I believe will slip into it's original position, hiding the Recycle Bin, but after a few time adjusting, it will finally stick. I then hide the desktop icons(they are now in the toolbar) Done!!!

:)

Cliff S, May 29, 2015
  2. Surfertm Win User

Recycle Bin Icon Windows 7

i want my windows 10 recycle bin icon to look like a windows 7 recycle bin icon.

thank you for your response.

Surfertm, May 29, 2015
  3. UnixBuzz Win User
    Can't Pin Windows 10 Recycle Bin to Taskbar

Add or Put Recycle Bin on the Windows 10 Taskbar

In Windows 10, We can easily place the Recycle Bin on the taskbar and you can also pin the Recycle Bin to the Start Menu screen as well – All you need to know how to do it?. Adding the Recycle Bin to
    the taskbar Windows 10 designed by Microsoft in order to quicker access to the desktop, empty recycle bin in single click, right clicking and deleting it. Doing this really look good and be appreciate for windows users who want to save time. So this great
    feature lets you access the Recycle Bin from a taskbar location that will always be visible and available for you. Here’s the workaround on

how to Place Recycle Bin desktop icon to Taskbar in windows 10.

UnixBuzz, May 29, 2015
  4. ARC1020 Win User

I use the 'Quick Launch' tool bar in Windows 8, but never thought about putting the recycle bin in there.

That's actually a pretty good idea, although I've had two icons on my desktop (My Computer and Recycle Bin) for so long now, it would feel strange if I moved them.

ARC1020, May 29, 2015
  5. strollin Win User
    I just create a Desktop toolbar, that way I can access anything on my desktop from the Taskbar.

strollin, May 29, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    The problem I have with a desktop icon is I can't see it or drag & drop to it if it's covered by a window, that's why I started doing it like written above.
    I'm on 8.1 right now but I do the same on 7 and 10

Who Wants a Fully Working Recycle Bin Icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar? [​IMG]

It's just that it nerves me that people are telling Microsoft to do something, where the possibility has been there for years. Or the same thing with a tabbed Explorer, where all you have to do is either create a task or shortcut to open 2 instances at once, or like I said on another thread use 7Zip in dual panel mode.

Cliff S, May 29, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Who Wants a Fully Working Recycle Bin Icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar? [​IMG]

Here it is on 10 without theme. You have to slide it to the top before turning show text & title off.

Cliff S, Jun 1, 2015
  8. Dude Win User

Dude, Jun 1, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    I used to use a direct delete, until.... oops where is it?*Redface And in those days there was no File history to get it back. I like to make sure at a glance if there is something in it I might still want before running Ccleaner. Plus I use the desktop toolbar anyhow.

Cliff S, Jun 1, 2015
  10. Dude Win User
    It's not direct delete. I can turn on view desktop Icons and still recover what I deleted. I use it because I prefer no icons on my desktop.

11. Cliff S New Member
    Me too. That's why the taskbar. I never really under stood icons on the desktop because they're buried under open windows and with exceptions(Fences for example) don't look so hot covering the background.

Cliff S, Jun 1, 2015
  12. Dude Win User
  13. Who Wants a Fully Working Recycle Bin Icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar?

There's also adding the empty recycle bin function to File explorer's Quick Access Toolbar (the title bar on the window)
    And ... adding / pinning the Recycle bin to File Explorer's icon the taskbar

This is the really great thing about Windows - lots of ways to accomplish things.

Slartybart, Jun 2, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    I don't have the skills for video making or software or the broadband. I saw your vid(another good one*Smile). If you wish you could make it... seeing your really on a roll now!

Cliff S, Jun 2, 2015
  15. RolandJS Win User
    Related to recycle bin on taskbar, I used Network Recycle Bin Tool awhile back in the same way I used Norton Protected Recycle Bin back in the WFW 3.11 and earlier -- I believe modern-day Resplendence's Undeluxe and its Undelux Explorer can be pinned to the taskbar. I can recover files I accidentally deleted a few days afterward.

RolandJS, Jun 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Who Wants a Fully Working Recycle Bin Icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar? - Similar Threads - Wants Fully Working

2. Recycle bin not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin not working.: All of my deleted messages are in the sent folder, why are they not going into Recycle Bin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-bin-not-working/940b6486-6175-4f42-b28c-f2c8fcc296b9
  3. Desktop icons in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons in recycle bin: Hi guys, Having a small problem where i go to start my laptop in the morning after using it the night before and for some reason alot of my desktop icons have been sent to my recycle bin? So every morning i have to restore them all... it`s a bit annoying. I have Sync turned...
  4. finding recycle bin icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    finding recycle bin icon: Problems Finding the Recycle Bin icon First advice from advisor: If your desktop shows no icons at all, right-click or press and hold the desktop and select View. If Show desktop icons has no checkmark, click it to add one. If that doesn't work, try this: Select Start >...
  5. Recycle Bin Icon

Recycle Bin Icon: Windows 10 doesn't show the Recycle Bin Icon. How can I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-icon/94dea936-1ae4-428f-ab92-ae499eb5a093
  6. Recycle Bin Icon

Recycle Bin Icon: I don't have a recycle bin icon on this laptop. How do I get one? I'd like to empty it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-icon/70730411-9560-4ffb-9bc6-60b85efdee2a
  7. Recycle Bin to taskbar?

Recycle Bin to taskbar?: Tried pinning to start and right-clicking there but there is no "pin to taskbar" option. Anyone know how to put the recycle bin in my taskbar? 13626
  8. Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar in Windows 10 The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your hard disk, Windows places it in the Recycle Bin and the...
  9. Change Recycle Bin Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Recycle Bin Icon in Windows 10: How to: Change Recycle Bin Icon in Windows 10 How to Change the Default Recycle Bin Icon in Windows 10 The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your hard disk, Windows places it in the Recycle Bin and...
  10. Recycle bin causes taskbar icons to refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle bin causes taskbar icons to refresh: Hi. Whenever I empty the recycle bin or move a file there while it's empty, the taskbar icons refreshes. If I move a file to the recycle bin while it's NOT empty or skip it entirely by shift-deleting a file, this does not happen. Anyone else experiencing this? Any fix...