Windows 10: Who would resolve the issues that Microsoft is talking about on 'Windows 10 update history'...

Discus and support Who would resolve the issues that Microsoft is talking about on 'Windows 10 update history'... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 1803 and the 1809 version has already been released. I haven't received the update yet. As Microsoft states on Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yusufjamal2510, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Who would resolve the issues that Microsoft is talking about on 'Windows 10 update history'...

I am running Windows 10 1803 and the 1809 version has already been released. I haven't received the update yet. As Microsoft states on Windows 10 update history - Windows Help page, my device would not receive the updates unless any software incompatibility issues are resolved and there is no way to tell specifically which software might be causing this issue. I am not at all aware of the incompatible software so who would even resolve them and how would I get the update. Windows seems to be doing nothing to resolve these issues, (not even notifying me to fix that issue so that newer version can be installed) so how would it even update if the issue is not fixed in the first place. It would just stay as it is and the update is never gonna reach me. If Microsoft can't automatically fix these issues automatically through Windows Updates then at least they should tell me what should I do in order to fix those issues and update to be reachable to me. They just clear themselves from the efforts they should have made to resolve the said issues by saying "Blocking the availability of a Windows 10 feature update to devices we know will experience issues is a key aspect of our controlled rollout approach to provide users with a great update experience. We decide what to block based on user impact from closely monitoring feedback and device diagnostics. Blocking issues are a high priority for us to address as quickly as possible. If we detect that your device may have an issue, such as an application incompatibility, we will not install the update until that issue is resolved, even if you “Check for updates”. We do this so that you avoid encountering any known problems."

:)

yusufjamal2510, Nov 26, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 26, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Who would resolve the issues that Microsoft is talking about on 'Windows 10 update history'...

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Who would resolve the issues that Microsoft is talking about on 'Windows 10 update history'...

1. Who would resolve the issues that Microsoft is talking about on 'Windows 10 update history'... - Similar Threads - resolve issues Microsoft

2. How to talk to a person about activation issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to talk to a person about activation issues?: I have a Windows Pro license that I have had for 10 years, upgrading from 7 -> 8 -> 10 and now 11 without issues. I have proof of purchase.I upgraded the BIOS on my motherboard and the TPM keys were wiped. This is an extremely common issue that Microsoft knows about. But this...
  3. How to talk to a person about activation issues?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to talk to a person about activation issues?: I have a Windows Pro license that I have had for 10 years, upgrading from 7 -> 8 -> 10 and now 11 without issues. I have proof of purchase.I upgraded the BIOS on my motherboard and the TPM keys were wiped. This is an extremely common issue that Microsoft knows about. But this...
  4. billing fraud. who do I talk to to resolve this issue? how do I talk to a live person

in Windows 10 Gaming
    billing fraud. who do I talk to to resolve this issue? how do I talk to a live person: how do I talk to a live person to stop the fraud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/billing-fraud-who-do-i-talk-to-to-resolve-this/90d61127-107f-4ad5-acfe-47abc7f1c72b
  5. billing fraud. who do I talk to to resolve this issue? how do I talk to a live person

billing fraud. who do I talk to to resolve this issue? how do I talk to a live person: how do I talk to a live person to stop the fraud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/billing-fraud-who-do-i-talk-to-to-resolve-this/90d61127-107f-4ad5-acfe-47abc7f1c72b
  6. How to resolve Windows 10 update issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve Windows 10 update issue?: Method 1 : Run the troubleshooter.Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters. Next, under Get up and running, select Windows Update > Run the troubleshooter.When the troubleshooter is finished running, it's a good idea to...
  7. How to resolve Windows 10 update issue?

How to resolve Windows 10 update issue?: Method 1 : Run the troubleshooter.Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters. Next, under Get up and running, select Windows Update > Run the troubleshooter.When the troubleshooter is finished running, it's a good idea to...
  8. How to resolve Windows 10 update issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Microsoft Is Talking About Windows 10’s Quality, But Changing Nothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Is Talking About Windows 10’s Quality, But Changing Nothing: This should be of interest to Windows 10 users --- https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft-is-talking-about-windows-10s-quality-but-changing-nothing/...
  10. 6 Things Microsoft didn't talk about announcing Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    6 Things Microsoft didn't talk about announcing Windows 10: Microsoft had a big day yesterday and unless you were living under a rock, you likely saw the announcement of Windows 10. The preview, which is available today for download, has some notable gaps that we reported on earlier this year and are worth pointing out. The...