Windows 10: Whoami returns different user for new laptop vs. old laptop and desktop

Discus and support Whoami returns different user for new laptop vs. old laptop and desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all. Issuing the command whoami in CMD or PS, on my new laptop, returns laptop-name\impartial-email. Issuing the same command on my old laptop or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bunk_bro, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Whoami returns different user for new laptop vs. old laptop and desktop

Hey all. Issuing the command whoami in CMD or PS, on my new laptop, returns laptop-name\impartial-email. Issuing the same command on my old laptop or desktop returns laptop(desktop)-name\first-name.

I'm signing into all 3 devices using the same email and same password.

Thank you in advance!

Edit to add: Winver 19042.844 for all 3 devices. Windows Education 20H2 for all.

submitted by /u/bunk_bro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bunk_bro, Mar 10, 2021
  2. jdz7t8 Win User

Buying a new laptop or desktop for gaming [help]

I want to buy either a new laptop or a new desktop for gaming. I want to run games smoothly and maybe even use it for some ps2 emulation. Could someone suggest either a laptop or desktop? I heard Alienware is expensive and over-rated. I was also told Sager laptops are good for gaming. I have about $1000-$1500 to spend on a new machine. Initially I was going to get a laptop but it seems like I would be able to get a more powerful desktop for the same price or less. Please advise. Please suggest a model/brand [desktop/laptop] that I could purchase because I don't think I know enough about computers to build one from scratch.

jdz7t8, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Anthony12 Win User

Whoami returns different user for new laptop vs. old laptop and desktop

What to do with old laptop

Yeah this is good suggestions here with your old laptop but i just want to say you that you should replace your old laptop with any new laptop by exchanging the old one and i think this is the best opinion for you ....

Give us a call

Anthony12, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Whoami returns different user for new laptop vs. old laptop and desktop

1. Whoami returns different user for new laptop vs. old laptop and desktop - Similar Threads - Whoami returns different

2. "This PC" desktop vs User Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This PC" desktop vs User Desktop: Hi. I recently purchased a new laptop and set up my user account. I moved my files Documents, Desktop, etc. to my User account C:Users:Myusername. When I login to Windows 10 the Desktop that is displayed doesn't contain the files from the Desktop folder in my user account but...
  3. Laptop vs Desktop- Which is better

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop vs Desktop- Which is better: [ATTACH]Laptop vs Desktop is a battle that excites a lot of people, many are skeptical to spend loads of money on a Desktop and many are confused if a Laptop can make their ends meet. So, in this article, we will be seeing which one is better, a Laptop or a Desktop, for you....
  4. Desktop copying an old laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop copying an old laptop: So we have 2 computers in our house rn, one of them is a 8 year old laptop and the other is a new all in one desktop, so i got this weird thing where if i change the laptops settings the desktops settings change and im not talking about like themes and such, the wallpapers...
  5. Old and new laptop connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old and new laptop connected: I recently got a new laptop, so I was going to give my old one to my brother, but for some reason they seem to be connected. Whatever I do on one the same thing happens on the other. I have tried to turn of sync settings for both, sharing for both, and I even took the old...
  6. How to transfer desktop "icons" from old laptop to new laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to transfer desktop "icons" from old laptop to new laptop?: Have transferred the desktop file to new laptop but what I have is the folder with all the icons from the old. What I want to do is see the "icons" in the new laptop's desktop. What I have is a desktop folder in my new laptop: [ATTACH]...
  7. Transfer old laptop to new

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer old laptop to new: Can someone please let me know how to transfer as much as possible from my old Windows 10 laptop to a new one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-old-laptop-to-new/5fc63d8d-751c-446a-aad5-5f587e816202
  8. 3dBuilder New vs Old

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3dBuilder New vs Old: Hi, I've been using 3dbuilder that came in Windows 10 pro for a couple years. I had a hard drive die and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on the new drive and 3dbuilder wasn't there and I was directed to the store. The problem is the version is entirely different i.e. no menus...
  9. New laptop 4p12-19. Return?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New laptop 4p12-19. Return?: New notebook 4-12-19. On 4-19-19 I restored to April 12 as it would not reboot in timely manner. About a hour later got blue screen error, "collecting information and shutting down computer." Then when it came back on said "Diagnosing to attempt repair." Then "could not...
  10. Clone old laptop to new Laptop?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone old laptop to new Laptop?: Question: Could I with Data Migration clone my old laptop (win 10 installed & updated), and install it in a new laptop I am thinking of buying? As always your thoughts most appreciated. 54283