Windows 10: Whoever made the shotcall to deny batchfiles from going on the task bar,what was the logic?

Discus and support Whoever made the shotcall to deny batchfiles from going on the task bar,what was the logic? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In order to make a batchfile go on the task bar[the best place for a batch file],you need to trick windows. You need to make a short cut to a .exe and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/goodnewsjimdotcom, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Whoever made the shotcall to deny batchfiles from going on the task bar,what was the logic?

In order to make a batchfile go on the task bar[the best place for a batch file],you need to trick windows. You need to make a short cut to a .exe and rename it to .bat somehow. It's very weird and convoluted. You can put a .exe on the task bar, but not a .bat file. What logic is there? People are saying Microsoft is trending to 'Take control from the user' as they force apps to be installed and unable to be uninstalled, etc. Microsoft should buck this reputation they're building.

Anyway, just wondering the logic to deny users the ability to do something as trivial as drag and drop their favorite .bat file to the task bar.

submitted by /u/goodnewsjimdotcom
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/goodnewsjimdotcom, Sep 29, 2022

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 29, 2022
  3. oemSoft Win User
    How to set access right for batchfile under window 10?

There is Y partition, and I would like to format using batchfile, and test with Format Y: under cmd and get following error message.

"Access denied you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode. It says “elevated mode” is required"

Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this privileges issue?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

oemSoft, Sep 29, 2022
  4. imanalien Win User

Whoever made the shotcall to deny batchfiles from going on the task bar,what was the logic?

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Whoever made the shotcall to deny batchfiles from going on the task bar,what was the logic?

1. Whoever made the shotcall to deny batchfiles from going on the task bar,what was the logic? - Similar Threads - Whoever made shotcall

2. What task bar is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What task bar is broken: Hey, what's up with the windows 11 taskbar.It doesn't show any apps,the search bar or the windows button. It's just blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-task-bar-is-broken/8788eef7-b2b2-4aba-8718-cf4744163ae7
  3. What task bar is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What task bar is broken: Hey, what's up with the windows 11 taskbar.It doesn't show any apps,the search bar or the windows button. It's just blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-task-bar-is-broken/8788eef7-b2b2-4aba-8718-cf4744163ae7
  4. How to stop the Windows task bar from going vertical

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop the Windows task bar from going vertical: The taskbar on my PC is displayed horizontally at the bottom of the screen. But from time to time after waking up the PC, but not always, it is displayed vertically on the left edge of the screen, without my having selected it. I set it back to horizontal, and then it recurs...
  5. What are logical drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are logical drives?: What are logical drives? What are they for? And why should I use them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-logical-drives/62da9feb-99cb-42a3-ba02-f03622540c0f
  6. What are logical drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are logical drives?: What are logical drives? What are they for? And why should I use them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-logical-drives/62da9feb-99cb-42a3-ba02-f03622540c0f
  7. What are logical drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. something weird is going on with my task bar an idk what is causing it

in Windows 10 Customization
    something weird is going on with my task bar an idk what is causing it: so when ever my curser lands on one of the things on my task bar it does this and its extremely annoying, and the only way to fix it is via restarting my computer, is there a way i can fix this...
  9. Whoever made onedrive deserves to be shot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whoever made onedrive deserves to be shot: i hope they burn to death submitted by /u/anders066 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nz11n8/whoever_made_onedrive_deserves_to_be_shot/
  10. Whoever thought of this

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Whoever thought of this: Hi folks From Ms's documentation : Most accounts use IMAP, but a few may use POP. You'll need a variety of settings before you start to setup your account, including incoming and outgoing mail server names, ports, and SSL settings. For many popular email account types, you...