Windows 10: Whoever thought of this

Discus and support Whoever thought of this in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi folks From Ms's documentation : Most accounts use IMAP, but a few may use POP. You'll need a variety of settings before you start to setup your... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Nov 9, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Whoever thought of this

Hi folks

From Ms's documentation :

Most accounts use IMAP, but a few may use POP. You'll need a variety of settings before you start to setup your account, including incoming and outgoing mail server names, ports, and SSL settings. For many popular email account types, you can find those settings in our POP and IMAP server name reference.

If your email provider isn't listed there, contact your ISP's technical support or your email administrator

I'm sure this is why those silly dumbed down config menus are there now instead of the proper Manual settings.

Note also now in Outlook 2016/2019/365 even in CHANGE mode those dumbed down menus are there -- the only way to get the proper original settings menu is via the applet in control panel and that's not likely to stay there very long either.

Bonkers move Ms.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 9, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Whoever thought of this :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Nov 9, 2018
  3. bbinnard Win User
    What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Strollin: I understand your suggestion, but that means I'll have to re-install all my sofftware etc. again. This is not an enticing thought at all.

LCDR: I tried the old activation code I used before - it is the same on you posted.

I tried the steps listed at the WinAero site. Last one failed because it said the server could not be located. But I did get the Jan 20, 2016 date back. So that's something.

bbinnard, Nov 9, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Whoever thought of this

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

Aren't we being a little harsh? I know I can't be the only other person on this forum to have skipped checking the official memory compatibility list when building a computer. Had I been in the same situation and followed the same steps I would have thought I got a bum board too, regardless of whether or not the memory was on that list.

Thema:

Whoever thought of this

1. Whoever thought of this - Similar Threads - Whoever thought

2. Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security...: I am in total disagreement with this. Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security setting in the properties section of a right click on a folder in me instance. I installed and had to browse to a particular folder and found a Creator...
  3. Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security...: I am in total disagreement with this. Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security setting in the properties section of a right click on a folder in me instance. I installed and had to browse to a particular folder and found a Creator...
  4. Why does Microsoft allow for a software company and whoever else to change security...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. from a local guy and its been crazy the last 5 days the scenes and whoever tells me to and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    from a local guy and its been crazy the last 5 days the scenes and whoever tells me to and...: i just got it from a local guy and its been crazy the last 5 days...there scenes and whoever tells me to and not to do so i unplugged the Ethernet cord for a couple hours and came back 8 devices were attached...
  6. from a local guy and its been crazy the last 5 days the scenes and whoever tells me to and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    from a local guy and its been crazy the last 5 days the scenes and whoever tells me to and...: i just got it from a local guy and its been crazy the last 5 days...there scenes and whoever tells me to and not to do so i unplugged the Ethernet cord for a couple hours and came back 8 devices were attached...
  7. from a local guy and its been crazy the last 5 days the scenes and whoever tells me to and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Whoever made the shotcall to deny batchfiles from going on the task bar,what was the logic?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whoever made the shotcall to deny batchfiles from going on the task bar,what was the logic?: In order to make a batchfile go on the task bar[the best place for a batch file],you need to trick windows. You need to make a short cut to a .exe and rename it to .bat somehow. It's very weird and convoluted. You can put a .exe on the task bar, but not a .bat file. What...
  9. Whoever made onedrive deserves to be shot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whoever made onedrive deserves to be shot: i hope they burn to death submitted by /u/anders066 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nz11n8/whoever_made_onedrive_deserves_to_be_shot/
  10. Whoever thought that forcing Windows updates to install whether you want them or not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whoever thought that forcing Windows updates to install whether you want them or not...: Should be fired, what a joke. Its too bad because this operating system generally runs pretty fast. I just bought a new gaming laptop, I get little lag shudders during updates, go to my task manager, and gee guess what some stupid antimalware, Cortana, or windows update...