Windows 10: Whole Directory Suddenly Gone - How? Why? How to get back?

Discus and support Whole Directory Suddenly Gone - How? Why? How to get back? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was creating sub directories and then searching on a file extension - such as 'mp4' and then highlighting all found files and dragging them into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Oct 10, 2018.

1. abrogard Win User

Whole Directory Suddenly Gone - How? Why? How to get back?

I was creating sub directories and then searching on a file extension - such as 'mp4' and then highlighting all found files and dragging them into these subdirectories.

Moving them.

emptying the original directory and sorting the files.

Suddenly everything vanished.

Some kind of slip of the finger somewhere in the middle of the keyboard at the right side - my right little finger or somewhere around there - and the whole original directory is gone and all the subdirectories.

And nothing is in the recycle bin.

Any clues on what's going on with this latest windows madness?

any help?

:)

abrogard, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Whole Directory Suddenly Gone - How? Why? How to get back?

Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Whole Directory Suddenly Gone - How? Why? How to get back?

1. Whole Directory Suddenly Gone - How? Why? How to get back? - Similar Threads - Whole Directory Suddenly

2. Wifi feature gone missing from everywhere. How to get it back???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi feature gone missing from everywhere. How to get it back???: My laptop's wifi feature has gone missing for several days. And since I tried all possible ways on the internet, none of them helped. there was an update on Dell support assist I tried to install but it got failed and then my wifi went missing. Please see the screenshots...
  3. Wifi feature gone missing from everywhere. How to get it back???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi feature gone missing from everywhere. How to get it back???: My laptop's wifi feature has gone missing for several days. And since I tried all possible ways on the internet, none of them helped. there was an update on Dell support assist I tried to install but it got failed and then my wifi went missing. Please see the screenshots...
  4. How to get back files in OneDrive? All files gone all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back files in OneDrive? All files gone all of a sudden.: Hi there,I have a paid 100GB personal OneDrive account linked to MS ID, not M365/O365 with ~80GB of scanned documents which are really important. All of a sudden, all files are gone and the drive is empty looking at it through the web site. The sync client can't sync and...
  5. How to get back files in OneDrive? All files gone all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back files in OneDrive? All files gone all of a sudden.: Hi there,I have a paid 100GB personal OneDrive account linked to MS ID, not M365/O365 with ~80GB of scanned documents which are really important. All of a sudden, all files are gone and the drive is empty looking at it through the web site. The sync client can't sync and...
  6. How to get it back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get it back: So I had the free version of windows 10 from years ago and my computer was running slow, and with nothing I wanted on it, I factory reset. Now I’m on windows 7 and can’t open any websites, is there a way I can fix this submitted by /u/Naive_Lettuce_3494 [link] [comments]...
  7. Taskbar At Bottom Gone. How To Get Back, Please ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar At Bottom Gone. How To Get Back, Please ?: Hello, For some reason, the bar at the bottom of my screen (Taskbar ?) has disappeared. ( Not at the edges either) How do I get it back, please ? Thanks, Bob 179045
  8. Disk Management utility is gone - How do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Management utility is gone - How do I get it back?: I right-click the windows logo, navigate to "Disk Management" click on it and nothing happens. How do I get DM back? I have MiniTool partition Wizard if that's any help. Thanks 172838
  9. Whole Startup is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whole Startup is gone: After updating my computer with the automatic updates i restarted my computer and the update finished. the login screen was working fine but after logging in i am only seeing a black screen.. no task bar no desktop no wallpaper.. i am able to run chrome using the task...
  10. WI-FI ADAPTOR is gone?how do i get it back?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WI-FI ADAPTOR is gone?how do i get it back?: My WI-FI for computer is just gone? how do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wi-fi-adaptor-is-gonehow-do-i-get-it-back/d934a7b8-ea23-4942-b258-3dbcb3065c1d