Windows 10: Whole email account with all folders vanishes randomly.

Discus and support Whole email account with all folders vanishes randomly. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Randomly, over the last year or so my main email account disappears from the list of email accounts although my outlook email account and its folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RalphZero, May 24, 2019.

1. RalphZero Win User

Whole email account with all folders vanishes randomly.

Randomly, over the last year or so my main email account disappears from the list of email accounts although my outlook email account and its folders remain and continue to operate normally.

The email account may be recovered by simply re-adding the email account and waiting for the folders to be refilled or re-synchronized from the server. In my case, synchronization requires a couple of hours on a 200Mbps band. Use of the email account during refill is severely limited. Mail can be immediately accessed via the ISP's browser based mail manager.

The Windows 10, version 1803 and earlier mail program requires the longer re-synchronization. Is there a fix for this disconcerting email behavior?

:)

RalphZero, May 24, 2019

2. email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, May 24, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 24, 2019
  4. Whole email account with all folders vanishes randomly.

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Whole email account with all folders vanishes randomly.

1. Whole email account with all folders vanishes randomly. - Similar Threads - Whole email account

2. linking all my folders to all my email accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    linking all my folders to all my email accounts: Two email accounts are linked how do I move emails to my folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-all-my-folders-to-all-my-email-accounts/7d10edf3-07d5-41f0-b204-ee6a6de2c4b6
  3. linking all my folders to all my email accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    linking all my folders to all my email accounts: Two email accounts are linked how do I move emails to my folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-all-my-folders-to-all-my-email-accounts/7d10edf3-07d5-41f0-b204-ee6a6de2c4b6
  4. Whole folder vanished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whole folder vanished: This is happening for some time. A file saved to desktop or D: drive vanishes right after saving it. In the past, I did not care much about this delinquent behavior because the files vanished were not of important. But today a whole folder vanished after saving it to D:...
  5. Whole folder vanished

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whole folder vanished: This is happening for some time. A file saved to desktop or D: drive vanishes right after saving it. In the past, I did not care much about this delinquent behavior because the files vanished were not of important. But today a whole folder vanished after saving it to D:...
  6. Whole folder vanished

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File names vanish and reappear in all folders

File names vanish and reappear in all folders: When I open a folder, the each file's name disappears and comes back only after it does it for every file int he folder. This has been happening for a few years on every PC that I have. I built a new one, hoping that it would be resolved. Please advise...
  8. Vanishing emails in inbox

Vanishing emails in inbox: The entire contents of my inbox, years' worth of emails. vanished yesterday. How do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vanishing-emails-in-inbox/c3c00451-d606-46d4-a348-48b4c4361d7e"
  9. All Mail Vanished from all Mail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    All Mail Vanished from all Mail accounts: All mail and calendar events have vanished and will not sync. Seriously, WTF is going on at MS when they can't even make an email client? 26616
  10. Vanishing Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Vanishing Folder: I am trying to redo my Windows 10 PC. The network adaptors cannot be changed so I brought a new SSD drive and started installing everything fresh. Once Windows was up I started installing all my programs and transferring data from the original SSD to the new one. Do this by...