Windows 10: Whole folder vanished

Discus and support Whole folder vanished in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is happening for some time. A file saved to desktop or D: drive vanishes right after saving it. In the past, I did not care much about this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chuenmon, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Chuenmon Win User

Whole folder vanished

This is happening for some time. A file saved to desktop or D: drive vanishes right after saving it. In the past, I did not care much about this delinquent behavior because the files vanished were not of important. But today a whole folder vanished after saving it to D: drive.A folder contained 36 images of RAW files was downloaded from my camera to desktop. A minute later, the folder was cut and pasted on D: drive. I checked the folder right after the pasting. It was clearly there. One minute later, I could not find the whole folder, not even by Windows search tool.This is too serious.

:)

Chuenmon, Nov 11, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Toothless Win User

Whole folder vanished

Vanishing wireless card!

Then I may have to get one. Any suggestions on a specific card?

Do note that this "vanishing card" has NEVER happened before until I got my netbook back up and running about 6-8 months of no usage.

Toothless, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

Whole folder vanished

1. Whole folder vanished - Similar Threads - Whole folder vanished

2. Word files vanish when moved to a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word files vanish when moved to a folder: I own a small business and part of that job is creating invoices. I have a specific folder in my computer that I keep all my invoices in. Last night I made up invoice no 030 and made sure to save it to my invoice folder. I often accidentally save them to my regular documents,...
  3. Word files vanish when moved to a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word files vanish when moved to a folder: I own a small business and part of that job is creating invoices. I have a specific folder in my computer that I keep all my invoices in. Last night I made up invoice no 030 and made sure to save it to my invoice folder. I often accidentally save them to my regular documents,...
  4. Whole folder vanished

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whole folder vanished: This is happening for some time. A file saved to desktop or D: drive vanishes right after saving it. In the past, I did not care much about this delinquent behavior because the files vanished were not of important. But today a whole folder vanished after saving it to D:...
  5. Whole folder vanished

Whole folder vanished: This is happening for some time. A file saved to desktop or D: drive vanishes right after saving it. In the past, I did not care much about this delinquent behavior because the files vanished were not of important. But today a whole folder vanished after saving it to D:...
  6. File names vanish and reappear in all folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File names vanish and reappear in all folders: When I open a folder, the each file's name disappears and comes back only after it does it for every file int he folder. This has been happening for a few years on every PC that I have. I built a new one, hoping that it would be resolved. Please advise...
  7. Files and Folders Name Vanished for No Reason

Files and Folders Name Vanished for No Reason: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Home and all of a sudden the font changed in Notepad and the text font when typing anything on Win + R command box. Also, the files and folders name vanished on my laptop. I am not sure what caused it. I am using Google Chrome and everything...
  8. Business Folder in Documents (Vanished)

Business Folder in Documents (Vanished): So, on Tues 6/4/19 was working in my Business Folder (Documents) that contains 90% of my businesses data. On Wed 6/5/19 all of a sudden that Folder and ALL its contents were GONE. I searched searched searched....... NOTHING Hidden Files are always shown. I've...
  9. Whole email account with all folders vanishes randomly.

Whole email account with all folders vanishes randomly.: Randomly, over the last year or so my main email account disappears from the list of email accounts although my outlook email account and its folders remain and continue to operate normally. The email account may be recovered by simply re-adding the email account and waiting...
  10. Vanishing Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Vanishing Folder: I am trying to redo my Windows 10 PC. The network adaptors cannot be changed so I brought a new SSD drive and started installing everything fresh. Once Windows was up I started installing all my programs and transferring data from the original SSD to the new one. Do this by...