Windows 10: whole onedrive seen even though shared one folder

Discus and support whole onedrive seen even though shared one folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i created a photo album to share with three family members, but it seems they can get access to my whole Onedrive, including files. How do i do it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JunoNg1, Nov 24, 2019.

1. JunoNg1 Win User

whole onedrive seen even though shared one folder

i created a photo album to share with three family members, but it seems they can get access to my whole Onedrive, including files. How do i do it correctly such that they can only see and access that one photo album?

:)

JunoNg1, Nov 24, 2019

2. OneDrive sharing help

Its should be indefinite. I have a shared folder with a friend of mine for about two years now. Is it automatically cutting off?

TheMailMan78, Nov 24, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    OneDrive sharing help

Hi TPU,

one of my customers at work want to share a folder on his OneDrive for business with a external user, normal sharing lasts 7days, is it possible to get like a permanent login solution?

I tried a few guides, problem is Microsoft Translation to Danish doesn't help and if I change language online on his Office 365 the settings language in OneDrive don't change and yes using Internet Explorer just to rule that out.

So if anyone got a easy guide I would be happy, bcs I don't want my customer to call or write me a email every week that his external user needs access.

puma99dk|, Nov 24, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

OneDrive Shared Folder question

Hi leonhart1981

OneDrive is very location sensitive . . .

If you move a shared folder, OneDrive will just see that the folder no longer exists in its original location and not know that it has been moved, you would need to re-share the folder in its new location

It is like, if say, you have a Word document in your Documents folder saved from Word, that is then added to the Recent File list in Word, if you close Word and move that file in File Explorer, then try to open it from the Word recent file list, Word will tell
    you the file no longer exists, because it does not know you have moved the file outside of Word . . .

DaveM121, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. whole onedrive seen even though shared one folder - Similar Threads - whole onedrive though

2. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  3. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  4. Program failing to be seen by Computer even though loaded on the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program failing to be seen by Computer even though loaded on the computer: I have downloaded onto my computer Canon EOS Utility 3. It shows up in the programs and features but is not there in the start up menu. I created a link to the desktop from C:\Program Files x86\Canon\EOS Utility\EU3 but the link doesn't work either. I have been in touch...
  5. OneDrive Shared Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Shared Folder: I am trying to use a OneDrive shared folder ( Frame ) as a source of Photos for a Digital PhotoFrame. I want others to be able to drop photos to this folder. My Wife and I use Ipads. I shared my ' Frame ' folder with her. On MY Ipad, I CAN select a photo and send it to the '...
  6. Why doesn't share work with a whole folder, but one single file?

Why doesn't share work with a whole folder, but one single file?: I want to share a whole folder from my win 10 desktop, to my win 10 laptop, but share is making me do it one file at a time. How can I get it to send them all at once? G...
  7. OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files

OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files: I created a View-Only Shared OneDrive Folder with another person. I have confirmed that this folder is visible on their OneDrive Account and was downloaded onto all their devices. I then added files to the Folder, but the files themselves have not been shared. The files...
  8. Entire user folder is shared even though "Share this folder" unchecked

Entire user folder is shared even though "Share this folder" unchecked: Windows 10 Home 1803. If I check the "Sharing" tab in my User folder properties, it shows up as shared. So I go into Advanced Sharing to uncheck the "Share this folder" box, but it's not checked. Logged into the share with my phone, and sure enough, everything is shared. Why...
  9. Entire user folder is shared even though "Share this folder" unchecked

in Windows 10 Support
    Entire user folder is shared even though "Share this folder" unchecked: Windows 10 Home 1803. If I check the "Sharing" tab in my User folder properties, it shows up as shared. So I go into Advanced Sharing to uncheck the "Share this folder" box, but it's not checked. Logged into the share with my phone, and sure enough, everything is shared. Why...
  10. Using Shared OneDrive Folders

Using Shared OneDrive Folders: My parents are luddites, so when it comes to keeping their photos organised and backed up, it's easier if I just do it for them. About a month ago Microsoft introduced the ability to use shared OneDrive folders from the desktop (Info Here). Therefore, it's crossed my mind...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when you share an onedrive folder is that the only folder that can be seen?