Windows 10: Whole screen turns black when I play videos on certain players

Discus and support Whole screen turns black when I play videos on certain players in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to play videos on youtube, openload, Movies&TV and probably a bunch of other players (haven't checked) whole screen turns black, not just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PetarSpasic, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Whole screen turns black when I play videos on certain players

When I try to play videos on youtube, openload, Movies&TV and probably a bunch of other players (haven't checked) whole screen turns black, not just the video no matter if its fullscreen or not. I cant even see the cursor. The only way to turn the screen back on is to blindly set the cursor to peek at desktop, but when I maximize the program playing the video (whether its Microsoft edge, internet explorer or Movies&TV it doesn't matter) it goes black again. After restarting the computer it goes back to normal for some time. I tried playing videos on BS player and it works without a problem. Im using hp laptop and windows 10. Checked my drivers with driver booster and everything is up to date according to it. Help?

:)

PetarSpasic, Sep 8, 2018

2. Video player Issue

No.. it can not play any type of video.it can't play it's own recorded video. If we try to play the video it happens to black screen and then show the list of video only. Plzzz provide me a link to download the real player or its default player.

Symbianlover, Sep 8, 2018
  3. black screen when trying to play videos .

since upgrading to windows 10 my cyberlink webcam has a black screen , videos I try to play have a black screen and my dvd player has a black screen . sound is working but no pictures .

paulledster, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Whole screen turns black when I play videos on certain players

Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Whole screen turns black when I play videos on certain players

1. Whole screen turns black when I play videos on certain players - Similar Threads - Whole screen turns

2. PC crashing to black screen when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing to black screen when playing certain games: My PC has been crashing literally a few seconds into booting specific games, so far I've encountered this issue with Forza Horizon 5 and Palworld. The event viewer logs just say "The previous system shutdown at time on date was unexpected."Initially I thought my driver store...
  3. PC crashing to black screen when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing to black screen when playing certain games: My PC has been crashing literally a few seconds into booting specific games, so far I've encountered this issue with Forza Horizon 5 and Palworld. The event viewer logs just say "The previous system shutdown at time on date was unexpected."Initially I thought my driver store...
  4. PC crashing to black screen when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen goes black or explanation below when i play video

Screen goes black or explanation below when i play video: When I play a video, the screen either goes black or goes from the right side of the screen to the left in a loop and slowly climbs up first 2 pictures are after i started playing and 3rd is after a couple of minutes. And the screen becomes blurry 4th picture. I’ve already...
  6. Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware??: Hello, I have recently purchased a new monitor, which is linked here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-g25-10-24-5-led-fhd-freesync-and-g-sync-compatible-monitor-hdmi-raven-black/6404026.p?skuId=6404026I have an issue with this monitor, and to summarize anytime I play a...
  7. Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware??

Monitor black-screens when playing certain videos, Software or Hardware??: Hello, I have recently purchased a new monitor, which is linked here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-g25-10-24-5-led-fhd-freesync-and-g-sync-compatible-monitor-hdmi-raven-black/6404026.p?skuId=6404026I have an issue with this monitor, and to summarize anytime I play a...
  8. Watching videos would sometimes turn the whole screen black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Watching videos would sometimes turn the whole screen black: This started happening around a month ago, when I watch youtube, the whole screen would turn black sometimes and the only way to fix this is to randomly click until I can get into another tab and it would fix it. I tested that whenever I watch a video or switch tabs,...
  9. Watching videos would sometimes turn the whole screen black

Watching videos would sometimes turn the whole screen black: This started happening around a month ago, when I watch youtube, the whole screen would turn black sometimes and the only way to fix this is to randomly click until I can get into another tab and it would fix it. I tested that whenever I watch a video or switch tabs,...
  10. Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.: I have been facing a problem where all my games that are in fullscreen just don't work Black screen example: CS:GO HOI4 etc. same with videos with other video playback it works but with youtube or some others it's black screen the only way to fix it seems to hold FN and one...