Windows 10: Whose settings are used at the login screen?

Discus and support Whose settings are used at the login screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10prox64 Noob Windows questions, or at least it seems like it. I'm currently messing around with the display calibration and I've always wondered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tgm1024, Jan 2, 2019.

1. tgm1024 Win User

Whose settings are used at the login screen?

Win10prox64

Noob Windows questions, or at least it seems like it.

I'm currently messing around with the display calibration and I've always wondered precisely whose display settings are used for the login screen. When I'm looking at a login photo that is completely out of whack, is it obeying all my color settings within Windows?

What about the nVidia control panel?

And how do I tell which Windows settings are per-user, and which are system wide? (refresh, resolution, gamma, mouse, etc.)

*dazed and confused*

:)

tgm1024, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Ender Win User

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Whose settings are used at the login screen? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Whose settings are used at the login screen? - Similar Threads - Whose settings are

2. SET UP SEPARATE LOGIN FOR STUDENTS TO USE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SET UP SEPARATE LOGIN FOR STUDENTS TO USE: I bought a computer to be used by students attending my medical training school. I set up the computer using my Microsoft account, but then all my personal stuff email and all my desktop icons displays. I don't want them to see any of that. How do I set up a separate login...
  3. SET UP SEPARATE LOGIN FOR STUDENTS TO USE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SET UP SEPARATE LOGIN FOR STUDENTS TO USE: I bought a computer to be used by students attending my medical training school. I set up the computer using my Microsoft account, but then all my personal stuff email and all my desktop icons displays. I don't want them to see any of that. How do I set up a separate login...
  4. Setting the login screen, with the clock and not the one with the login credentials, as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting the login screen, with the clock and not the one with the login credentials, as...: Hello, I am wondering how I would be be able to set the first screen you see when you boot up Windows 10 to be a solid color, with that color being the accent color. I know it is easy to do this for the screen where you enter login credentials, but I would like to do it for...
  5. Setting the login screen, with the clock and not the one with the login credentials, as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting the login screen, with the clock and not the one with the login credentials, as...: Hello, I am wondering how I would be be able to set the first screen you see when you boot up Windows 10 to be a solid color, with that color being the accent color. I know it is easy to do this for the screen where you enter login credentials, but I would like to do it for...
  6. Setting the login screen, with the clock and not the one with the login credentials, as...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. No option to use PIN on the login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No option to use PIN on the login screen: Hi,I have a PC that is connected to our businesses Azure AD.I have added the user that is going to use the PC, but no matter what I try I cannot login with a PINcode.I am perfectly able to add a pincode, but the loginscreen doesn't show the option to use it. Only the password...
  8. optiextion.dll whose location is a URL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    optiextion.dll whose location is a URL: In my "recent activity" i found a file with the NAME optiextension.dll and the LOCATION was a URL! Should i be worried? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/optiextiondll-whose-location-is-a-url/5200f26c-7e66-4b20-ac3c-0713d5ef3e32
  9. Set a default login account at the welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set a default login account at the welcome screen: I have a user who is visually impaired. He has software in his profile that assists him with this. The problem is, to get to it, he has to login, and the machine is shared among several users, of which he is the only impaired person. I would like to set the computer's...
  10. Whose settings are used at the login screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Whose settings are used at the login screen?: Win10prox64 Noob Windows questions, or at least it seems like it. I'm currently messing around with the display calibration and I've always wondered precisely whose display settings are used for the login screen. When I'm looking at a login photo that is completely out of...