Windows 10: Whose settings are used at the login screen?

Discus and support Whose settings are used at the login screen? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Win10prox64 Noob Windows questions, or at least it seems like it. I'm currently messing around with the display calibration and I've always wondered... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tgm1024, Feb 22, 2019.

1. tgm1024 Win User

Whose settings are used at the login screen?

Win10prox64

Noob Windows questions, or at least it seems like it.

I'm currently messing around with the display calibration and I've always wondered precisely whose display settings are used for the login screen. When I'm looking at a login photo that is completely out of whack, is it obeying all my color settings within Windows?

What about the nVidia control panel?

And how do I tell which Windows settings are per-user, and which are system wide? (refresh, resolution, gamma, mouse, etc.)

*dazed and confused*

:)

tgm1024, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Ender Win User

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Whose settings are used at the login screen? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Whose settings are used at the login screen? - Similar Threads - Whose settings are

2. Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Screen: I recently was in group policies adding the security policy that blocks microsoft account from being added to the computer, however, i accidently enabled the policy that prohibited microsoft accounts from being added or logged into. And i only use a microsoft account to log...
  3. Whose settings are used at the login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Whose settings are used at the login screen?: Win10prox64 Noob Windows questions, or at least it seems like it. I'm currently messing around with the display calibration and I've always wondered precisely whose display settings are used for the login screen. When I'm looking at a login photo that is completely out of...
  4. Login screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login screen: I have a PC with Windows 10, lots of memory and disc space. Up until the last week i could turn on the computer and start up windows and no login screen was displayed. then a windows update was installed and now I am forced to enter my password. I tried using netplwiz,...
  5. Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login Screen: I have a problem with my login screen - well actually it is with the screen that comes before the login screen. It seems to be stuck on the colour that is chosen for pesonalisation/colour/pick a colour. Although my lock screen is set on windows spotlight (it is my...
  6. How to hide login screen even after setting the Auto-Login?

How to hide login screen even after setting the Auto-Login?: I have set the Auto login with an administrator type user. Now on start up, log-in screen is visible though it takes the password automatically and log-into the system but I want to hide the login screen completely. Is there a way to achieve that? 75881
  7. Login screen

Login screen: Hi I think I have a bit of a problem that I cant sort out. Ive been into the personalisation settings and I cannot change my login screen from being a plain solid colour, its the colour that I choose on settings/personalisation/colour I have tried changing the...
  8. Login Screen

Login Screen: Hi all, Does anyone know how to change the login screen image? I'm not talking about the lock screen, which is the first screen to show up when you start your computer, I'm talking about the one where you actually enter your password. Any help is much appreciated. 10422
  9. No login prompt at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359
  10. Use either mouse button at login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use either mouse button at login screen: With Windows 8.1 either mouse button could be used at the login screen to select a user account for login. In Windows 10 it seems that only the left mouse button can be used at the login screen. With kids, some of whom are left-handed and use the mouse left-handed, this is...