Windows 10: Why 2 documents folders?

Discus and support Why 2 documents folders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out why I see 2 of many profile folders, such as documents, music, pics, videos. I tried deleting one, and it deletes the other.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by musiclover7, May 14, 2015.

1. Why 2 documents folders?

I am trying to figure out why I see 2 of many profile folders, such as documents, music, pics, videos. I tried deleting one, and it deletes the other. They are not duplicates, but I cannot figure out what purpose this is serving. Anyone?

Why 2 documents folders? [​IMG]

:)

musiclover7, May 14, 2015

2. every time I save documents, PDF specfically, windows is creating a new documents file, everytime. I have duplicate document files.

why am I getting multiple document files every time I save a document. Duplicate files.

I made 2 new files, save 4 documents in each file and now I have 4 duplicate document files.

Any help you can offer is appreciated

ArleneTaff, May 14, 2015
  3. BatyaLevy Win User
    Duplicate Documents Folders

There appears to be 2 or 3 "documents" folders on my computer:

1. Libraries

2. This PC

3. One Drive

The 'documents' folders in "This PC" and "One Drive" seem to be the same thing. However, the 'documents' folder in "libraries" appears to have entirely different files. Also, I tried to tell my computer to only save my documents to "This PC", and yet all
    of the documents in "This PC" are still constantly syncing with "one drive". Whereas, the 'documents' folder in "libraries" does not sync to onedrive. Why is this happening?

BatyaLevy, May 14, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Why 2 documents folders?

BunnyJ, May 14, 2015
Thema:

Why 2 documents folders?

1. Why 2 documents folders? - Similar Threads - Why documents folders

2. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  3. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do I have 2 'Documents' folders in my File Explorer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have 2 'Documents' folders in my File Explorer ?: Hi, Why do I have 2 'Documents' folders in my File Explorer ? https://imgur.com/M2snYEkOne is going to: > xxx - Personal > Documentsbut in reality it is: C:\Users\chris\OneDrive\Documentshttps://imgur.com/a/wpURfioand the other one is going to: > xxx - Personal > Desktop >...
  6. Why do I have 2 'Documents' folders in my File Explorer ?

Why do I have 2 'Documents' folders in my File Explorer ?: Hi, Why do I have 2 'Documents' folders in my File Explorer ? https://imgur.com/M2snYEkOne is going to: > xxx - Personal > Documentsbut in reality it is: C:\Users\chris\OneDrive\Documentshttps://imgur.com/a/wpURfioand the other one is going to: > xxx - Personal > Desktop >...
  7. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  8. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  9. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

10. accidentally combined 2 user folders video & documents

accidentally combined 2 user folders video & documents: Hey guys, I tried to reorganice my computer and made a mess. I wanted to switch my user folders pictures, videos, musik & documents from my SSD C: to my HDD D:. But now, the document and the video folder are the same. If I cange the path of one of those it´s the same for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why two document folders under user name in w10