Windows 10: Why 2 documents folders?

Discus and support Why 2 documents folders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out why I see 2 of many profile folders, such as documents, music, pics, videos. I tried deleting one, and it deletes the other.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by musiclover7, May 14, 2015.

1. Why 2 documents folders?

I am trying to figure out why I see 2 of many profile folders, such as documents, music, pics, videos. I tried deleting one, and it deletes the other. They are not duplicates, but I cannot figure out what purpose this is serving. Anyone?

Why 2 documents folders? [​IMG]

:)

musiclover7, May 14, 2015

2. every time I save documents, PDF specfically, windows is creating a new documents file, everytime. I have duplicate document files.

why am I getting multiple document files every time I save a document. Duplicate files.

I made 2 new files, save 4 documents in each file and now I have 4 duplicate document files.

Any help you can offer is appreciated

ArleneTaff, May 14, 2015
  3. BatyaLevy Win User
    Duplicate Documents Folders

There appears to be 2 or 3 "documents" folders on my computer:

1. Libraries

2. This PC

3. One Drive

The 'documents' folders in "This PC" and "One Drive" seem to be the same thing. However, the 'documents' folder in "libraries" appears to have entirely different files. Also, I tried to tell my computer to only save my documents to "This PC", and yet all
    of the documents in "This PC" are still constantly syncing with "one drive". Whereas, the 'documents' folder in "libraries" does not sync to onedrive. Why is this happening?

BatyaLevy, May 14, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Why 2 documents folders?

BunnyJ, May 14, 2015
Thema:

Why 2 documents folders?

1. Why 2 documents folders? - Similar Threads - Why documents folders

2. document folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    document folders: My Documents folder similar to Pictures and Music folders is empty, but all my documents can be found in username/documents. How do I get them to show up in my primary Documents folder?...
  3. accidentally combined 2 user folders video & documents

accidentally combined 2 user folders video & documents: Hey guys, I tried to reorganice my computer and made a mess. I wanted to switch my user folders pictures, videos, musik & documents from my SSD C: to my HDD D:. But now, the document and the video folder are the same. If I cange the path of one of those it´s the same for the...
  4. Why does Windows call a folder "Documents" when it is not a system folder?

Why does Windows call a folder "Documents" when it is not a system folder?: I keep my personal files in my own folders because over time the programs I use have a nasty habit of adding their folders wherever they like. So I created a folder on my D: drive called "D:MyDocs" where I store all my personal files. It makes it easier to find things and to...
  5. Documents Folder

Documents Folder: how to in documents folder add a file to an existing file. sometimes need to update or add information to a file in documents folder. use win 10. when attempt to add a file it adds as a new file. Need to place a file or information in a file already in the documents...
  6. documents folder

documents folder: When I first installed W10, I had to go through all the questions posed. I thought they would be the standard "I agree" type. But one I quickly okayed was not, and when I thought about it later, I wondered if I had made a mistake. And I had. I mistakenly put my...
  7. File exploer - why multiple public and documents folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File exploer - why multiple public and documents folders: [img] This is my file explorer tree. First question is, why is there a public folder under the PC name, and another one under Users. I think this was the same in Win 7. They are not the same folder. It's confusing to have multiple public folders. Can I just delete...
  8. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.: I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username...
  9. documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    documents folder: Paid a bill on line --tried to print---pop-up states it was put into the documents folder. Where is the documents folder located in win 10? P.S---All my questions have been answered quickly by the people in this forum. YOU ARE THE GREATEST,BAR NON. 12352
  10. documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    documents folder: I try to print out my bank statement but it goes into documents folder. How do I print out from the documents folder when win 10 puts it back? 17981

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why two document folders under user name in w10