Windows 10: Why Activate?

Discus and support Why Activate? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Three times I have tried to go from my legit win7 to win10 but it fails C1900101-20017 - so I cannot get win10. I can do a clean install via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by quarkrad, Sep 1, 2015.

1. quarkrad Win User

Why Activate?

Three times I have tried to go from my legit win7 to win10 but it fails C1900101-20017 - so I cannot get win10. I can do a clean install via the downloaded iSO but obviously cannot get it activated becuase I do not have a win10 key. From what I have read there are two relatively weak issues by it not being activated, otherwise it is fully functional (update wise). So ... why activate win10 - just do a clean install?

:)

quarkrad, Sep 1, 2015
  2. (why) Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition in "Free trial" After buying

I have an issue with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition that I have had for awhile but cannot figure out. About a year back, I bought Windows 10 Minecraft and was playing on servers constantly over the course of about 6 months. I took a break for a few months,
    but when I came back, all the servers I added on were gone, and instead when I went to build stuff, it says on the Windows Store "Free Trial" and "Buy" or something like that, and I bought it already. What happened?

(why), Sep 1, 2015
  3. (why) Win User
    Bought Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta FULL Version but Plays as Trial

Hello, I have a similar problem, but on PC. How can I fix this?

(why), Sep 1, 2015
  4. Superfly Win User

Why Activate?

There is a workaround for this.

NB: gatherosstate.exe is in the /Sources folder of the Win10 iso. GenuineTicket.xml can only be generated on an activated sytem and contains your hardware ID and underlying Win 7 activation.

Superfly, Sep 1, 2015
  5. quarkrad Win User
    I finally have win10. My problem was my intel cpu - a bios upgrade addressed the issue.

quarkrad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why Activate?

1. Why Activate? - Similar Threads - Why Activate

2. Why doesn't Windows recognize that I activated TPM on my ASRock B450M Pro4?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Windows recognize that I activated TPM on my ASRock B450M Pro4?: I have an Asrock B450M Pro4 r2.0 motherboard and I have TPM enabled in the BIOS and Windows 10 and the Microsoft tool to determine the status of your PC does not detect it, nor does it detect it in tpm.msc. In all the videos I have seen on YouTube where people have that same...
  3. Why doesn't Windows recognize that I activated TPM on my ASRock B450M Pro4?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't Windows recognize that I activated TPM on my ASRock B450M Pro4?: I have an Asrock B450M Pro4 r2.0 motherboard and I have TPM enabled in the BIOS and Windows 10 and the Microsoft tool to determine the status of your PC does not detect it, nor does it detect it in tpm.msc. In all the videos I have seen on YouTube where people have that same...
  4. Why doesn't Windows recognize that I activated TPM on my ASRock B450M Pro4?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why doesn't Windows recognize that I activated TPM on my ASRock B450M Pro4?: I have an Asrock B450M Pro4 r2.0 motherboard and I have TPM activated in the BIOS and Windows 10 and Microsoft's nibla tool to determine the status of your PC detects it, it does not detect it in tpm.msc either. In all the videos that I have seen on YouTube where people have...
  5. Why can't I no longer activate my Windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why can't I no longer activate my Windows?: Today I wiped my computer clean and reinstalled everything from scratch as I have done many times in the past. During the Windows reinstall process I entered in my product key and continued as normal. Shortly after Windows booted up I noticed that I couldn't personalise my...
  6. Why I can't activate with genuine key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why I can't activate with genuine key?: **** you and your activation !I won't s*ck with this all the day , instead i will activate with a CRACK program, so much for your "activation" So if you want to more genuine Windows then first make this process useful instead of useless !...
  7. Why I can't activate with genuine key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't activate with genuine key?: **** you and your activation !I won't s*ck with this all the day , instead i will activate with a CRACK program, so much for your "activation" So if you want to more genuine Windows then first make this process useful instead of useless !...
  8. Why I can't activate with genuine key?

9. Why the windows 11 activation page in setting never loads?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the windows 11 activation page in setting never loads?: Months ago my windows 11 product key expired or something. So I wanted to reactivate. But I mistakenly used a windows 10 key. Then tried again to reactivate using a windows 11 key but since then the activation page just loads and loads. What's happening here?...
  10. Why the windows 11 activation page in setting never loads?

Why the windows 11 activation page in setting never loads?: Months ago my windows 11 product key expired or something. So I wanted to reactivate. But I mistakenly used a windows 10 key. Then tried again to reactivate using a windows 11 key but since then the activation page just loads and loads. What's happening here?...