Windows 10: Why after most "feature" updates a secondary administrator account appears at login in...

Discus and support Why after most "feature" updates a secondary administrator account appears at login in... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After most feature updates and updates in general, which I always try and stop because they usually wreck my HP laptop, but they eventually get forced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EngineerNjord, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Why after most "feature" updates a secondary administrator account appears at login in...

After most feature updates and updates in general, which I always try and stop because they usually wreck my HP laptop, but they eventually get forced through, do I get a secondary Administrator account come up after startup on the login in screen.

Usually first off without touching/typing anything it says incorrect password then you click ok and two administrator accounts are at the bottom left corner, one with my normal account picture the other the generic picture, either you can login with my usually password?

This is very annoying(like most of the updates are) as its a longer time to login in and try and see what I need to reinstall after windows updates or indeed if my laptop will actually work properly and if I'm going to have to waste another work day resetting and reinstalling everything before I can actually start work and doing the job I'm meant to be getting paid for, rather then being a guinea pig bench tester for Microsoft updates and HP laptops.

:)

EngineerNjord, Sep 20, 2018

2. Random account appeared on login to my computer

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to try the below steps to remove the user account from your computer.

• Login to your computer through administrator account.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      netplwiz
      , hit Enter.

• Select the user account, you want to remove.

• Click on the Remove button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Why after most "feature" updates a secondary administrator account appears at login in...

Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Why after most "feature" updates a secondary administrator account appears at login in...

1. Why after most "feature" updates a secondary administrator account appears at login in... - Similar Threads - Why feature updates

2. Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...: I know the password of my Windows 10 Administator account but can not login into it because its hidden and i don't have another Login with Administrator Privileges and at Login Screen Administrator Account does not show ?...
  3. Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...: I know the password of my Windows 10 Administator account but can not login into it because its hidden and i don't have another Login with Administrator Privileges and at Login Screen Administrator Account does not show ?...
  4. Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Locked out of Administrator Account as the option does not appear on Login Screen ?

Locked out of Administrator Account as the option does not appear on Login Screen ?: I know the password of my Windows 10 Administator account but can not login into it because its hidden and i don't have another Login with Administrator Privileges and at Login Screen Administrator Account does not show ?...
  6. Locked out of Administrator Account as the option does not appear on Login Screen ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of Administrator Account as the option does not appear on Login Screen ?: I know the password of my Windows 10 Administator account but can not login into it because its hidden and i don't have another Login with Administrator Privileges and at Login Screen Administrator Account does not show ?...
  7. Administrator Account not appearing ANYWHERE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Account not appearing ANYWHERE: So it seems as if my windows administrator account has been completely wiped, now it was because I was sharing a computer, which I no longer am and my cousin "accidentally" deleted the administrator account and now has sent me on this headache of trying to get it back. Any...
  8. Administrator Account not appearing ANYWHERE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account not appearing ANYWHERE: So it seems as if my windows administrator account has been completely wiped, now it was because I was sharing a computer, which I no longer am and my cousin "accidentally" deleted the administrator account and now has sent me on this headache of trying to get it back. Any...
  9. Administrator Account not appearing ANYWHERE

10. Administrator Mysteriously Appeared on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator Mysteriously Appeared on Login Screen: Can someone please tell me why an administrator suddenly started showing up on my login screen? I have always just had two users on my login screen. My normal user account and the administrator account, which I renamed. I know I can just remove it, but I need to know why it...