Windows 10: Why after setting the screen saver to 15 minutes does the display still shut off after 1...

Discus and support Why after setting the screen saver to 15 minutes does the display still shut off after 1... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have read and followed the previous forum threads to attempt to stop the display screen from being turned off after 1 minute of non use. Screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertBuenger1, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Why after setting the screen saver to 15 minutes does the display still shut off after 1...

I have read and followed the previous forum threads to attempt to stop the display screen from being turned off after 1 minute of non use. Screen saver and power options have been set to 15 minutes before I would want the screen to shut off to no avail. What's wrong?

:)

RobertBuenger1, Feb 19, 2019

2. Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when the settings of Windows are not working the way they are supposed to.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    2. What is the exact model of the PC?

Refer the article to know
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run the power troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below to run the troubleshooter.

1. Go to Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix problems look for
      Power.
    3. Click on it and select
      Run the troubleshooter
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Change the screen saver time and check.

1. Go to Settings >
      Personalization > Lock screen.
    2. Now click on Screen saver settings.
    3. On the screen saver window change the
      wait time as per your choice.
    4. Click on Apply and
      OK.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 19, 2019
  3. EdEAM Win User
    Howto change screen saver settings?

HI,

My problem is that no matter how I try I can't budge the screen saver setting from 1 minute. I set it to 30minutes and it defaults back to 1 minute. This is so unbelievably frustrating. Is there a solution to this?

EdEAM, Feb 19, 2019
  4. moondoggy Win User

Why after setting the screen saver to 15 minutes does the display still shut off after 1...

Screen Saver Resets to 1 Minute - Here's What Fixed it for Me

I'd like to suggest another option that seems to work for me and I'd like some feedback as to whether it work for others. Here's what I did:

Start/Search and type gpedit.msc, Right click the gpedit results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Group Policy Editor, on the Left Panel, go to User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Control Panel/Personalization/Enable Screen Saver and enable the Policy. Once you have enabled that policy, go down and also enable Screen Saver Timeout. Note that in the Screen Saver Timeout policy there's an option to set the number of second for the timeout with the default being 900 seconds or 15 minutes.
    Once you've enabled both policies and set the timeout if different from the default, exit the group policy editor. If you now go the screen saver settings in Control Panel you will notice that the wait period will match the minutes you entered in the group policy editor but it will be grayed out preventing you from changing the value unless you go back into the group policy editor and change it there.
    Many were complaining that the wait value reverts to 1 and that is why they turned off fast booting but I have fast booting turned on and with the group policy changes I made my wait time is no longer reverting to 1 minute and remains at 15 minutes.

Will someone please give this a try to see of this solves the problem of the wait time reverting to 1 if you have fast booting turned on? If it doesn't work all you need to go is go back into the group policy editor and set both policies to "Not Configured".

moondoggy, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Why after setting the screen saver to 15 minutes does the display still shut off after 1...

1. Why after setting the screen saver to 15 minutes does the display still shut off after 1... - Similar Threads - Why setting screen

2. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  3. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  4. I set the display to turn off after one minute. After one minute the screen goes dark but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set the display to turn off after one minute. After one minute the screen goes dark but...: I am running Windows 11 Home Edition. When I set the display to turn off after a minute the display does go dark but a second later the screen turns on again....
  5. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  6. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  7. Blue tooth audio shuts off after exactly 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue tooth audio shuts off after exactly 15 minutes: When I have a connection with Oontz Angle 3 speaker through blue tooth, the sound shuts off after 15 minutes. I turn my Oontz speaker back on and it will stay on for another 15 minutes. This does not happen when I have it linked with my desktop computer....
  8. Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.: Hello. Ever since I installed the May 2020 update, my screen will not turn off after 15 minutes like I set it to. This is a fresh installation of the OS, I even tried using "sfc /scannow" but no corrupted files were found. I'm not sure if this is an issue everyone is...
  9. screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set: screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set, settings to put the computer to shut off at certain time not working...
  10. Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity: I have changed my power settings in Windows 10 so many times I cannot count. I have my power settings set to not refresh until 20 minutes and have even set them to 40 minutes of non-use and Windows 10 continually locks my screen after 1 minute or less of inactivity. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows screen saver will not move from 15 minutes

2. how to have screen saver come on after 15 minutes of not using computer