Windows 10: Why after the Windows 10 update my computer was infected?

Discus and support Why after the Windows 10 update my computer was infected? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Kaspersky detected some threats after restarting pc and updating at 7 pm (Moscow time). [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by denis_2018, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Why after the Windows 10 update my computer was infected?

Kaspersky detected some threats after restarting pc and updating at 7 pm (Moscow time).

Why after the Windows 10 update my computer was infected? 9845a210-ad5f-4c2d-b0e4-dbf1e85d05ff?upload=true.png

:)

denis_2018, Aug 16, 2018

2. Infected computer

It would help to know some more details...

How to ask an effective question

How to include a screenshot in your post

See if this free, multi-step guide help:

Remove adware, pop-ups and virus from Windows 10 (Removal Guide)

You might want to use this free tool:

How to find and clean malware infections with Emsisoft ...

or

see this wiki:
    List of Malware Removal Tools

Suggestion to read:

Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of Malware Infection

especially
    Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools

Jsssssssss, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2018
  4. bruinator Win User

Why after the Windows 10 update my computer was infected?

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Why after the Windows 10 update my computer was infected?

1. Why after the Windows 10 update my computer was infected? - Similar Threads - Why update computer

2. Is my Computer infected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my Computer infected?: So, i bought an ASUS Laptop in 2018, created a Microsoft-Account in 2021 or so, and there the problems began;As more files I downloaded, the more broken my PC got. First, the mouse pointer did what it wanted to, and then random keys were pressed, everything on Windows 10, not...
  3. Is my Computer infected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my Computer infected?: So, i bought an ASUS Laptop in 2018, created a Microsoft-Account in 2021 or so, and there the problems began;As more files I downloaded, the more broken my PC got. First, the mouse pointer did what it wanted to, and then random keys were pressed, everything on Windows 10, not...
  4. is my computer infected by virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is my computer infected by virus?: hi, so today i noticed something wierd on my laptop window 11, inspiron and well it was wierd... so first when i pluged my laptop the white light that usually pops up when i plug the charger in well, it wasnt acting the way it does. you see, it started to blink like A LOT and...
  5. My computer is infected by a virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is infected by a virus: There is alot of pop ups when browsing the web, there are phone number to call but it is overseas numbers, is that Microsoft phone number? +9523145320 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-infected-by-a-virus/72512569-8af6-4333-bb28-8f5d9561e1e5
  6. My computer is infected by a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is infected by a virus: There is alot of pop ups when browsing the web, there are phone number to call but it is overseas numbers, is that Microsoft phone number? +9523145320 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-infected-by-a-virus/72512569-8af6-4333-bb28-8f5d9561e1e5
  7. My computer is infected by a virus

8. Infected computer

Infected computer: My Windows Apps are infected by spyware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infected-computer/b212b029-7987-4bbf-a288-3efa16d9e544
  9. Notification that my computer is infected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification that my computer is infected: Windows 10Microsoft Edge desktopnotificationshub keeps popping up and saying my computer is infected and wants me to go to McAfee to get rid of them. When I run a virus check using Malwarebytes, nothing shows up. How do I get rid of that?...
  10. Why is my windows 10 computer doing this after I updated it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my windows 10 computer doing this after I updated it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/God-OwO [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkl86g/why_is_my_windows_10_computer_doing_this_after_i/