Windows 10: WHY AFTER UPDATE SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING. HATE UPDATES.....ALWAYS CAUSE LOADS OF AFTERMATH...

Discus and support WHY AFTER UPDATE SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING. HATE UPDATES.....ALWAYS CAUSE LOADS OF AFTERMATH... in Cortana to solve the problem; Folks, Anyone with the same problem? AFTER UPDATE, the SEARCH BAR TOTALLY DEACTIVATED KAPUT ! & my PAINT tool GONE too!! I tried following some... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by nondescript-tba, Sep 25, 2019.

1. WHY AFTER UPDATE SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING. HATE UPDATES.....ALWAYS CAUSE LOADS OF AFTERMATH...

Folks,

Anyone with the same problem?

AFTER UPDATE, the SEARCH BAR TOTALLY DEACTIVATED KAPUT ! & my PAINT tool GONE too!! I tried following some examples to do the control panel and press the automatic thing but still NOT working.

Hate Microsoft. Hate updates. ALWAYS CREATE PROBLEMS FOR CUSTOMERS WHEN THERE SHOULD BE NONE. MICROSOFT A FVCKED UP COMPANY WHO HATES ITS CUSTOMERS.

ALWAYS PRETEND TO UPDATE SHIIEEET WHEN U JUST WANT TO COLLECT OUR DATA , INSTALL SPYWARE AND BACKDOOR THEN AFTER THE PRETEND UPDATE OUR PC IS SCREWED.

Has anyone fix this yet? Thank you

:)

nondescript-tba, Sep 25, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 25, 2019
  3. FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

@P4-630 , you can try and skip that step and see if it works. Just get the update manager and CPU load fix.
    If it does not work, you can always try one more time. *Toast :toast:

silentbogo, Sep 25, 2019
  4. WHY AFTER UPDATE SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING. HATE UPDATES.....ALWAYS CAUSE LOADS OF AFTERMATH...

Can't find "Windows Update" on Search

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Let's try to follow these methods, mentioned below:

Method 1:

If issue persist, I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Try to refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

Step 1:

1. Type Settings in the Search bar on Windows 10, then go to Update & security option.

2. In the Update & security Window, go to Windows Update option.

Step 2:

• Type Windows update in the Search bar on Windows 10, then go to Windows update settings or Check for updates.

Step 3:

• Type update in the Search bar on Windows 10, then go to Check for updates.
    Step 4:

1. Click on Windows key+ I, then Settings Window will open on Windows 10, then go to Update & security option.

2. In the Update & security Window, go to Windows Update option.

Hope this information helps you. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue, so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

WHY AFTER UPDATE SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING. HATE UPDATES.....ALWAYS CAUSE LOADS OF AFTERMATH...

1. WHY AFTER UPDATE SEARCH BAR NOT WORKING. HATE UPDATES.....ALWAYS CAUSE LOADS OF AFTERMATH... - Similar Threads - WHY UPDATE SEARCH

2. Windows 11 search bar is always loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 search bar is always loading: Hi,My search bar since today when I was working with a laptop, every time I click on it to do my search, the search page comes up, but it is always loading.Every time I wait, the loading does not finish. My search bar and Windows search function became like this today and I...
  3. Windows 11 search bar is always loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 search bar is always loading: Hi,My search bar since today when I was working with a laptop, every time I click on it to do my search, the search page comes up, but it is always loading.Every time I wait, the loading does not finish. My search bar and Windows search function became like this today and I...
  4. Search bar not working - Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar not working - Windows update: C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe need to run this command every single time to be able to access the search in Start menu. I need a permanent fix for this issue. I tried all the basic troubleshooting steps to overcome this issue but none worked.Even did custom installation but...
  5. Search bar not working - Windows update

in Cortana
    Search bar not working - Windows update: C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe need to run this command every single time to be able to access the search in Start menu. I need a permanent fix for this issue. I tried all the basic troubleshooting steps to overcome this issue but none worked.Even did custom installation but...
  6. Search bar not working - Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows update aftermath problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update aftermath problem: Hello, I am having problems with my Toshiba TECRA laptop Model Number: PT525A-02L03Q I recently did a Windows update where I had to restart my laptop in order to complete the update and after the update had finished, I tried to start up my laptop and once, after the Toshiba...
  8. Why search bar need loading?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why search bar need loading?: Why this appear at search bar everytime i start the computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-search-bar-need-loading/8282e868-32e5-484a-970e-b9c2e66291fd
  9. Windows Explorer search bar not working after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer search bar not working after 2004 update: Today i just updated my win10 to ver 2004 with the new search bar but turns oit it was a disaster I tried to search a file and it result nothing just "The folder is empty" while is not, i try to manually search file and it's still there but the search bar can find it. I...
  10. Search bar not working after 10041 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar not working after 10041 update: Can't type anything in the "search the web and windows" bar at the bottom. Also used to be able to click on start and type the name of the application to run it Windows would find it - this is not working either. Nothing happens when you type. Anyone else having this...