Windows 10: Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

Discus and support Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since I installed Windows 11 when my PC goes to sleep, all applications are closed and when I turn PC on, it starts from zero so all documents need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EmilioJuárez, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

Since I installed Windows 11 when my PC goes to sleep, all applications are closed and when I turn PC on, it starts from zero so all documents need to be recovered.There are cases in which sleep mode works fine but those are kind of exceptions. I don´t know what to do to solve it. I have tried changing some options of the hibernate, sleep parameters but nothing seems to work.Any suggestion?

:)

EmilioJuárez, Jan 1, 2023
  2. EricSohn Win User

All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't close out?

Thanks

EricSohn, Jan 1, 2023
  3. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 1, 2023
  4. Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jan 1, 2023
Thema:

Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

1. Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep? - Similar Threads - Why applications close

2. Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode: Whenever I put my laptop into sleep and then start it again, all my windows and apps close down. I checked all options from power and sleep settings, advanced power settings, etc. but I could not find anything. My PC is ASUS TUF A16. I checked troubleshooting as well, it did...
  3. Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode: Whenever I put my laptop into sleep and then start it again, all my windows and apps close down. I checked all options from power and sleep settings, advanced power settings, etc. but I could not find anything. My PC is ASUS TUF A16. I checked troubleshooting as well, it did...
  4. Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode: I am using Windows 11 and it is up to date. The problem is, every time I leave my laptop with multiple apps opened and the system goes into sleep mode I find that some applications were automatically closed and without saving unsaved changes.The affected apps for example...
  5. Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode: I am using Windows 11 and it is up to date. The problem is, every time I leave my laptop with multiple apps opened and the system goes into sleep mode I find that some applications were automatically closed and without saving unsaved changes.The affected apps for example...
  6. Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode

7. Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode

8. Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?: Since I installed Windows 11 when my PC goes to sleep, all applications are closed and when I turn PC on, it starts from zero so all documents need to be recovered.There are cases in which sleep mode works fine but those are kind of exceptions. I don´t know what to do to...
  9. All Applications Automatically Close When Laptop Goes to Sleep/Is Inactive - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Applications Automatically Close When Laptop Goes to Sleep/Is Inactive - Windows 10: Hello, I have a Lenovo Flex - Windows 10. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep, any applications I've had are closed and need to be reopened upon start up. This doesn't discriminate: it happens with everything from chrome, to office apps, to photos and the file folder. I've...
  10. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All applications close when laptop goes to sleep: I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't close out? Thanks...