Windows 10: Why all my application shortcut icons have this blank white thing on top of them? I have...

Discus and support Why all my application shortcut icons have this blank white thing on top of them? I have... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kyrim013 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kyrim013, May 16, 2020.

1. Why all my application shortcut icons have this blank white thing on top of them? I have...

/u/kyrim013, May 16, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

It's not fixed, today my GPU-Z icon is a blank shortcut icon again..
    And it says GPU-Z.exe does not contain an icon

Why all my application shortcut icons have this blank white thing on top of them? I have... gpu-z-blank-icon-jpg.jpg

P4-630, May 16, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User

Just installed the latest version of GPU-Z and I'm having that blank icon shortcut again...

P4-630, May 16, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Why all my application shortcut icons have this blank white thing on top of them? I have...

Sometime ago I installed the latest version of GPU-Z, started up my laptop the next day and noticed that the GPU-Z shortcut icon was white, I tried to find the icon in GPU-Z.exe but it said: "GPU-Z.exe contains no icons".
    I hope I the icon will return in the next version.

P4-630, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Why all my application shortcut icons have this blank white thing on top of them? I have...

1. Why all my application shortcut icons have this blank white thing on top of them? I have... - Similar Threads - Why application shortcut

2. My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.: I tried the suggestion of removing icon cache files from win explorer but they wouldnt delete... error msg said they were open in win explorer. I ran a system check from the admin command prompt. Everything checked out ok. My pic of the icons would not upload. The desktop...
  3. My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.: I tried the suggestion of removing icon cache files from win explorer but they wouldnt delete... error msg said they were open in win explorer. I ran a system check from the admin command prompt. Everything checked out ok. My pic of the icons would not upload. The desktop...
  4. My win10 desktop icons have what looks like a blank "text" icon on top of them.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have my desktop Icons shows a blank page and these blank images for these applications...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my desktop Icons shows a blank page and these blank images for these applications...: My desktop Icons show a blank page, and these blank images for these applications also appear on the taskbar. I don't know how to resolve this. I tried to delete the icon catch and restart the Internet Explorer taskbar Manager, I also tried to delete the thumbnail file in the...
  6. I have my desktop Icons shows a blank page and these blank images for these applications...

I have my desktop Icons shows a blank page and these blank images for these applications...: My desktop Icons show a blank page, and these blank images for these applications also appear on the taskbar. I don't know how to resolve this. I tried to delete the icon catch and restart the Internet Explorer taskbar Manager, I also tried to delete the thumbnail file in the...
  7. All Folder and file icons are white/blank; Solutions offered have not worked

All Folder and file icons are white/blank; Solutions offered have not worked: On January 13, 2023, in response to a similar question, Microsoft Agent-Moderator Hahn responded: You can take the following approachs:Clear icon cachePress windows+R and type in the following address:%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ExplorerDelete all the .db...
  8. Blank Icon over all my shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blank Icon over all my shortcuts: Hi, Yesterday I logged into onedrive for the first time. While setting up it asked me if I wanted to backup important folders like dektop, documents and stuff and I said yes. After I noticed that all my desktop shortcuts have that backup icon now I wanted to delete stop the...
  9. Blank Icon on top of all my desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank Icon on top of all my desktop shortcuts: So after I did a onedrive backup of my desktop and deleted it afterwards all my Icons look like this: https://imgur.com/a/5jBEJkb New shortcuts I add also look like this submitted by /u/DuckyyyyTV [link] [comments]...
  10. All my Icons/shortcuts Are Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    All my Icons/shortcuts Are Blank: for some reason all my Icons for everything but folders have gone blank I can't seem to get them back. As well as all my file and program associations have eather reset and ask me what programs I want to use a default and when I reassign them the next time I go to open a file...