Windows 10: why all of a certain amount of time my computer just stops responding and run slow

Discus and support why all of a certain amount of time my computer just stops responding and run slow in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; why all of a certain amount of time my computer just stops responding and run slow... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonaldMerkel1, Jan 8, 2021.

1. why all of a certain amount of time my computer just stops responding and run slow

why all of a certain amount of time my computer just stops responding and run slow

:)

DonaldMerkel1, Jan 8, 2021

2. Cortana is slow to respond.

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and it is running Windows 10. My problem is that when I first turn my computer on and ask Cortana a question it is slow to respond. It isn't slow after my computer has been running for a while. Any suggestions?

DamonBurnham, Jan 8, 2021
  3. CuriousD Win User
    Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder

Hello. Recently, I had two instances when Windows Explorer stopped responding when I tried to access a folder. The first time, it seemed to focus on two video files and when I deleted the files, the folder was fine. The next time, I could not access the folder. I could access my back up on the NAS drive, but Windows Explorer would stop responding when I tried to access the folder on my secondary hard drive on the computer. I deleted the folder and copied the folder from the NAS drive to the secondary drive, but it yielded the same problem. I renamed the folder and I am now able to access the folder.

Do these two instances suggest a problem with my hard drive or with my current state of Windows 10?

Thanks for your input.

CuriousD, Jan 8, 2021
  4. why all of a certain amount of time my computer just stops responding and run slow

Certain Programs Stop responding.

Started off with CCC starting to stop responding and I not being able to launch it.

Then I uninstalled CCC then installed Driver Sweeper ran it in safe mode (To reinstall CCC Drivers) went to launch Driver Sweeper and I get the messaged that it too stops responding at launch.

So I reboot to normal windows try launching it from there same thing.

So I go to check Event Viewer and then I get another Stops Responding so it too won't launch.

The sad thing is this is a 2 day old Windows 7 Fresh install fully updated with SP1.

I am OCing so perahps this is due to OC? I was playing BF3 and launching programs just fine.

But before all this I did leave my PC on and when I came back I had several errors appear with Aero off (Default Win 95 UI on). (Don't recall the errors didn't think much of them at the time)

Could this Be failing memory or bad Mem OC? 1850mhz @ 9-9-9 for 1600mhz Ripjaws.

AphexDreamer, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

why all of a certain amount of time my computer just stops responding and run slow

1. why all of a certain amount of time my computer just stops responding and run slow - Similar Threads - why certain amount

2. my computer is running very slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is running very slow all of a sudden: Last week my laptop started to run very slow, to the point where i cant even open task manager to see whats happening, i checked for viruses but i had nothing, i deleted some of my games, and end some background processes but its still the same slow laptop. does anyone know a...
  3. my computer is running very slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is running very slow all of a sudden: Last week my laptop started to run very slow, to the point where i cant even open task manager to see whats happening, i checked for viruses but i had nothing, i deleted some of my games, and end some background processes but its still the same slow laptop. does anyone know a...
  4. My computer is stopping to respond.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stopping to respond.: Over the past couple of weeks, things have been changing on my windows 10 computer.My search bar stopped working, then the Microsoft store stopped responding, then all apps associated with the Microsoft store stopped responding and now Microsoft teams keeps crashing when I...
  5. My computer is stopping to respond.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is stopping to respond.: Over the past couple of weeks, things have been changing on my windows 10 computer.My search bar stopped working, then the Microsoft store stopped responding, then all apps associated with the Microsoft store stopped responding and now Microsoft teams keeps crashing when I...
  6. My computer is stopping to respond.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. After a certain amount of time, applications stop opening.

After a certain amount of time, applications stop opening.: For the past 2 days I've been having this issue where after a certain amount of time after startup, I am unable to open any application. I've so far had no issue with system applications and this issue is persistent on all drives. I've done a scan on boot to check for any...
  8. "Not responding"/running extremely slow

"Not responding"/running extremely slow: I have an Asus laptop running on Windows 10. Recently it's been booting up EXTREMELY slow as well as running slow. Also, when I have programs open (doesn't matter which ones) it will come up as "not responding" in the middle of using it. I recently ran sfc/scanned via command...
  9. slow computer running time

slow computer running time: Hey, my computer is running very slow and I do not know why and I tried everything I need your help, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/slow-computer-running-time/5c4df18f-a211-4c9c-8bbf-8a6bf7ab056b
  10. All browsers stop working after x amount of time

in Browsers and Email
    All browsers stop working after x amount of time: Since saturday morning I've been having a problem with all my browsers. Problem started with chrome crashing and not wanted to open anymore after the crash. Restarted and it seemed fine but after a while it crashed again and once again didn't want to open anymore....