Windows 10: Why all the Sticky Notes updates...that do not seem to actually change anything?

Discus and support Why all the Sticky Notes updates...that do not seem to actually change anything? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the past few weeks, I've been seeing constant prompts to update the Sticky Notes app. I always take the option but as far as I can see, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Athena..., Nov 29, 2018.

1. Athena... Win User

Why all the Sticky Notes updates...that do not seem to actually change anything?

For the past few weeks, I've been seeing constant prompts to update the Sticky Notes app. I always take the option but as far as I can see, nothing is ever actually changed. It's annoying because the two biggest issues I've had since I upgraded to Windows 10 two years ago are still there:

• *The biggest issue I have is that all the notes are open all the time. I can't minimize an individual note to get to the one I want. I hate that. The search box on the index list is better than nothing but I would like to just minimize the ones I want and get rid of the clutter on my desk top
    • *There is no way to change the typeface. I see web pages all the time with a different Sticky Note typeface and I've yet to find a way to change mine

So given that there are no actual functional improvements in all these updates, what is going on?

:)

Athena..., Nov 29, 2018
  2. Meghana C Win User

fonts changed in sticky note

Hi John,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are facing with change of font size in sticky notes.

Is the issue specific to only sticky notes?

Kindly follow the steps to change screen resolution and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop and select display settings.

• Go to advanced display settings.

• Then select “recommended resolution” under
      resolution
      option.
    Please get back to us with the update on the issue.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Sticky Notes

Hi Angie,

There are several factors why your sticky notes may have an issue. It can be due to outdated application or wrong configuration settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried checking the Settings?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you may follow the steps provided by Jaz333
    on this
    thread
    . It will let you use the old sticky notes.

Keeps us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Why all the Sticky Notes updates...that do not seem to actually change anything?

Sticky Note Update

Hi Joey,

To disable Insights on Sticky Notes, please follow these steps:

• Open Sticky Notes.
    • Click on the Menu (3-dots) button.
    • Click on the Settings button.
    • Turn off Enable insights.

Let us know how it goes.

Meliton Dec, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Why all the Sticky Notes updates...that do not seem to actually change anything?

1. Why all the Sticky Notes updates...that do not seem to actually change anything? - Similar Threads - Why Sticky Notes

2. Why do my Sticky notes keep changing size all the time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my Sticky notes keep changing size all the time?: Everytime I start up my surfacePro my Sticky Notes are re-sized and in new locations on my desktop. How do I stop this from happening? I have looked at other KBArticles on this issue but they are all locked or instance speciffic. This issue appears to have been a constant one...
  3. Why do my Sticky notes keep changing size all the time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my Sticky notes keep changing size all the time?: Everytime I start up my surfacePro my Sticky Notes are re-sized and in new locations on my desktop. How do I stop this from happening? I have looked at other KBArticles on this issue but they are all locked or instance speciffic. This issue appears to have been a constant one...
  4. Why do my Sticky notes keep changing size all the time?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  6. Sticky Notes Note Updating

Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  7. All sticky notes are GONE after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All sticky notes are GONE after update: I found my sticky notes closed this morning. And when I opened the app, the note list was EMPTY!!! Since I always keep my account logged in, I assume the notes are synced and somehow backed up. Then I found notes on my other laptop were also GONE... : WOW How could you...
  8. Why do my sticky notes move?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do my sticky notes move?: All too often after waking up from sleep mode some of my sticky notes have moved. Not by far, but enough to obscure some desktop icons and be annoying. There's a posting here dating from 2016 saying this about Windows 7, but we're now on Windows 10 and Microsoft don't seem to...
  9. UPDATE OLD STICKY NOTES TO NEW STICKY NOTES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPDATE OLD STICKY NOTES TO NEW STICKY NOTES: HOW DOW I UPDATE OLD STICKY NOTES TO NEW STICKY NOTES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-old-sticky-notes-to-new-sticky-notes/62700545-b239-49ff-a9c3-a43ce1e4435a
  10. Updating sticky notes

Updating sticky notes: On two of my PCs sticky notes has been updated to the latest version 3.0.118.0. However on another PC it seems stuck at version 2.1.18.0. I've tried getting the store to check for updates, as well as manually removing the app and re-installing it from the store, but it always...