Windows 10: Why all users of Hyper V can't install any operating system from any img file by using Hyper V?

Discus and support Why all users of Hyper V can't install any operating system from any img file by using Hyper V? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hyper V allows all of it's users to install any operating system from any iso file only, but Hyper V does not allow any user to install any operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EZJV, Nov 21, 2020.

1. EZJV Win User

Why all users of Hyper V can't install any operating system from any img file by using Hyper V?

Hyper V allows all of it's users to install any operating system from any iso file only, but Hyper V does not allow any user to install any operating system from any img file at all.

Why this is so?

:)

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 21, 2020
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Nov 21, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Why all users of Hyper V can't install any operating system from any img file by using Hyper V?

BulldogXX, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Why all users of Hyper V can't install any operating system from any img file by using Hyper V? - Similar Threads - Why users Hyper

2. Why all users can't install any operating system from any img file by using Hyper V?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why all users can't install any operating system from any img file by using Hyper V?: Hyper V allows all users to install any operating system from any iso file only, but Hyper V does not allow any user to install any operating system from any img file at all. Why this is so?...
  3. Any way to install hyper-v?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to install hyper-v?: My AMD Ryzen overclocking software won't run until VBS (Virtualization based security) is disabled, which won't work since I don't have the hyper-v file in the windows features settings. any way to re-install it? Or an alternative to turning off VBS? submitted by...
  4. Installing operating systems under Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing operating systems under Hyper-V: How do I install MS-DOS in Hyper-V? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-operating-systems-under-hyper-v/66ed2c4c-433a-4621-bfc5-601c3419b785
  5. Hyper V - Unable to install any OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper V - Unable to install any OS: Hello, I am trying to install a Gen 2 VM using Hyper-V but I have failed so far.. OS(s) I have tried.. 1. Windows 10 Pro 1809 2. Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18290 3. Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS for Desktop 4. Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS for Server Type.. as Generation 2....
  6. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  7. Hyper-V "Enhanoced Session Mode" : Ok with any system?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V "Enhanoced Session Mode" : Ok with any system?: Hello, i turned on the accurate service and checked the option is ticked; it was already the case. Then i did "connect" but the windows for the "Enhanoced Session Mode" settings didn't appear.. So i'm wondering : is this restricted to specific systems/settings? The VM must be...
  8. Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V

Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V: I'm running Windows XP on Windows 10 with Hyper-V. How do I share files between XP and the c drive on my physical computer? This was so easy with VPC 2007. 29817
  9. Cannot see option Install Operating System on HYPER-V

Cannot see option Install Operating System on HYPER-V: Hi there Cannot see any option on HYPER-V to INSTALL an OS ????!!. The management and configuration screens come up but HOW do I install the OS and Start the VM !!! Using WINDOWS 10 as HOST. Cheers jimbo 2281
  10. Installing Ubuntu in VM using hyper-v

Installing Ubuntu in VM using hyper-v: Apologies for the very basic question, but this is my first attempt at creating a virtual machine within Windows 10 pro using hyper-v. I have created a VM, and during the process allocated a drive/folder for that VM, and selected the Linux iso file that should be installed....