Windows 10: Why am I am no longer able to move my desktop icons around and how do I fix it?

Discus and support Why am I am no longer able to move my desktop icons around and how do I fix it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A few days ago I stopped being able to move my desktop icons around if I try to move one of the icons to a different place it instantly moves back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kyle Brandtjen, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Why am I am no longer able to move my desktop icons around and how do I fix it?

A few days ago I stopped being able to move my desktop icons around if I try to move one of the icons to a different place it instantly moves back to where it was. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

Kyle Brandtjen, Apr 29, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Why am I am no longer able to move my desktop icons around and how do I fix it?

Desktop icons,

Hi Joanne,

You can move your icons anywhere on the desktop by making some changes in the icon settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Uncheck Auto arrange icons & Align icons to grid.
    • Check if you'll be able to move your icons where you want them to be.

Keep us posted if you need more help or if you have further questions.

Kristoffer Abs, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Why am I am no longer able to move my desktop icons around and how do I fix it?

1. Why am I am no longer able to move my desktop icons around and how do I fix it? - Similar Threads - Why longer able

2. How do I fix this taskbar glitch of icons moving around and stacking?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this taskbar glitch of icons moving around and stacking?: After a couple of hours of my PC on, the app icons on my taskbar glitch and will move around. They will also stack on top of other icons or remove some completely....
  3. How do I fix this taskbar glitch of icons moving around and stacking?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix this taskbar glitch of icons moving around and stacking?: After a couple of hours of my PC on, the app icons on my taskbar glitch and will move around. They will also stack on top of other icons or remove some completely....
  4. How do I fix this taskbar glitch of icons moving around and stacking?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why am I am not able to Install windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why am I am not able to Install windows 11: HelloI have a Surface Book 2 with the IntelR CoreTM i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz. According to the PC HealthCheck message below and what I have read online this machine is suppose to be comatible with windows 11 but I am not getting prompted to install it or that it is...
  6. Why am I am not able to Install windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I am not able to Install windows 11: HelloI have a Surface Book 2 with the IntelR CoreTM i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz. According to the PC HealthCheck message below and what I have read online this machine is suppose to be comatible with windows 11 but I am not getting prompted to install it or that it is...
  7. Why am I am not able to Install windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I am no longer able to view my jpgs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am no longer able to view my jpgs: I am no longer able to view my jpgs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/1b87aff2-805d-4416-ae27-1951f1d95532
  9. Why am I no longer able to see any attachments in my email?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why am I no longer able to see any attachments in my email?: Yes I have ensured it is synced, I can see the attachments on the app in my android but not on my laptop through the windows 10 Mail and Calendar app. I have tried everything possible, at least I think, and nothing is working! Please help....
  10. MSVCP140 Problem / How am i able to fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSVCP140 Problem / How am i able to fix this?: I updated my Windows this night and when it was done restarting, this showed up and then I reinstalled the NVIDIA Driver, nothing changed, I really don't know what to else to say I guess...