Windows 10: Why am I being asked for permission to use Windows Shell Experience?

Discus and support Why am I being asked for permission to use Windows Shell Experience? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am the only user of my laptop (I am an administrator and an adult) and I am being told I need to ask an adult in my family for permission to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CaitlinO'Flaherty, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Why am I being asked for permission to use Windows Shell Experience?

I am the only user of my laptop (I am an administrator and an adult) and I am being told I need to ask an adult in my family for permission to use Windows Shell Experience .......... WHY!?

:)

CaitlinO'Flaherty, Sep 1, 2019

2. Shell experience not running in Windows 10

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Does that mean the Start menu Cortana and the Task bar is not responding?

• Which is the current build installed on the computer?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Where exactly did you find that the shell experience not running?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Windows Shell Experience Host

Hi,

In answer to your query, Windows Shell Experience Host is a part of Microsoft Windows Operating System that you may have seen in your Task Manager. Sometimes, Windows Shell Experience Host consumes high memory or resources.

If you discover that Windows Shell Experience Host is consuming high memory or resources, we recommend installing the latest update of Windows 10. To do this, you can refer to the support article below:

We'll be here if you need more help.

Ralph Sta, Sep 1, 2019
  4. spumonea Win User

Why am I being asked for permission to use Windows Shell Experience?

what is windows shell experience and why do i get a window telling me to ask for permission to use it

When I log in, a window opens on my desktop with "Microsoft family features" in the heading, telling me to ask for permission to use "Windows Shell Experience". My account is the adult account in my family and there should not be any Microsoft family restrictions
    on my account. Why am I getting this window?

spumonea, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Why am I being asked for permission to use Windows Shell Experience?

1. Why am I being asked for permission to use Windows Shell Experience? - Similar Threads - Why being asked

2. Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?: Network connections used to work smoothly but after I was forced to do a factory reset I am now asked for network credentials in order to see shares from other Windows 11 computers on my local private network. How do I fix this?...
  3. Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?: Network connections used to work smoothly but after I was forced to do a factory reset I am now asked for network credentials in order to see shares from other Windows 11 computers on my local private network. How do I fix this?...
  4. Being spammed with Microsoft asking permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Being spammed with Microsoft asking permission: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Glitched12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/11da1ho/being_spammed_with_microsoft_asking_permission/
  5. Why am I being asked to "Enter Network Credentials"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I being asked to "Enter Network Credentials"?: I have an older Windows Home Network v1 computer that I use a lot for network storage. Lately, when I want to access a share on that machine, I get the pop up window that asks me to "Enter Network Credentials." I enter them, and it's fine. But why do I have to do this at all?...
  6. Windows shell experience. Using 20% of battery normal ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows shell experience. Using 20% of battery normal ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0hgw1/windows_shell_experience_using_20_of_battery/
  7. why am I being force to use a pin number

in Windows 10 Customization
    why am I being force to use a pin number: Please let me know how to stop computer from asking for a pin number? why do you keep asking for me to get a pin number that I do not want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-being-force-to-use-a-pin-number/730f9660-8686-460a-9f0c-88cd43d1ca78
  8. windows shell experience host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows shell experience host: A new program showed up on my computer with the latest Micro Soft upgrade called "windows shell experience host," two days ago. It comes up in a window when I boot up, and wants me to allow it access. Anyone ever heard of it? It wants me to let it on my system, but my...
  9. windows shell experience

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows shell experience: Is windows shell experience host needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-shell-experience/aeba2ada-cc17-4698-9bd1-3112b4299a61
  10. Why am I not being asked for a password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why am I not being asked for a password?: uSW10Pro V1803 In the dialog "User Accounts" (via netplwiz.exe), the cbox "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." is checked. The box has a single admin user, me. If I logout (even shutdown) and later attempt access, I am not required to use a...