Windows 10: Why am I being harassed to add windows pin & make my PC less secure when adding secure...

Discus and support Why am I being harassed to add windows pin & make my PC less secure when adding secure... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why am I being harassed to add windows pin & make my PC less secure when adding secure fingerprint login?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhilTremblay, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Why am I being harassed to add windows pin & make my PC less secure when adding secure...

Why am I being harassed to add windows pin & make my PC less secure when adding secure fingerprint login?

:)

PhilTremblay, Mar 3, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Mar 3, 2021
  4. qubit Win User

Why am I being harassed to add windows pin & make my PC less secure when adding secure...

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Why am I being harassed to add windows pin & make my PC less secure when adding secure...

1. Why am I being harassed to add windows pin & make my PC less secure when adding secure... - Similar Threads - Why being harassed

2. Why when I add a security key on an account, Windows asks me to add a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I add a security key on an account, Windows asks me to add a pin.: When I add a security key to an account like Google or Microsoft, it asks me to add a pin to it when I don't want to, How do you fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-add-a-security-key-on-an-account/aad262ad-0564-41a1-83b4-b8ea81d85f5e
  3. Why when I add a security key on an account, Windows asks me to add a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why when I add a security key on an account, Windows asks me to add a pin.: When I add a security key to an account like Google or Microsoft, it asks me to add a pin to it when I don't want to, How do you fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-add-a-security-key-on-an-account/aad262ad-0564-41a1-83b4-b8ea81d85f5e
  4. Add a PIN via PIN Add it does not launch the Windows Security windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a PIN via PIN Add it does not launch the Windows Security windows: Hi, we have a problem, when we try to add a PIN via 'Sign in Opptions> Pin ADD' it does not launch the Windows Security windows to "First verify your account password". In Task Managet>Processes it fails s to launch the pinenrollmentbroaker.exe. This only happens when we...
  5. Add a PIN via PIN Add it does not launch the Windows Security windows

Add a PIN via PIN Add it does not launch the Windows Security windows: Hi, we have a problem, when we try to add a PIN via 'Sign in Opptions> Pin ADD' it does not launch the Windows Security windows to "First verify your account password". In Task Managet>Processes it fails s to launch the pinenrollmentbroaker.exe. This only happens when we...
  6. Add a PIN via PIN Add it does not launch the Windows Security windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Why am I not receiving a security code when I tried to reset my pin number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I not receiving a security code when I tried to reset my pin number: I forgot my pin number to my laptop and I tried to fix it but no matter what, they aren't sending me a security code. I've tried on my phone as well and its the same issue. I've only one phone number and I've waited for over 10 hours. There are no options to send to my email...
  8. Why am I not receiving a security code when I tried to reset my pin number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I not receiving a security code when I tried to reset my pin number: I forgot my pin number to my laptop and I tried to fix it but no matter what, they aren't sending me a security code. I've tried on my phone as well and its the same issue. I've only one phone number and I've waited for over 10 hours. There are no options to send to my email...
  9. Why am I not receiving a security code when I tried to reset my pin number

10. Security: How to Make My PC More Secure?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security: How to Make My PC More Secure?: I want to make my Windows 10 Pro PC more secure from something like a robbery or where my physical PC is in danger, not from a threat like a hacker or something on the internet who gains access to my PC. As I was using my PC, I just realized that I store so much personal...