Windows 10: why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc

Discus and support why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc and the file says I have permission... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mattlarson3, Jan 24, 2019.

1. why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc

why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc and the file says I have permission

:)

mattlarson3, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 16, 2019
  4. C0zzie Win User

why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc

1. why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc - Similar Threads - why being told

2. I have no work or school account signed in, however I'm still being told I need to change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no work or school account signed in, however I'm still being told I need to change...: Hello, I'm trying to figure out why I can't revert my PIN to 4 digits, or at least stop being forced to change it so regularly. I have no accounts in my work or school accounts area and cannot find out why I'm being forced to change PINs.I've attempted using regedit to access...
  3. I have no work or school account signed in, however I'm still being told I need to change...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no work or school account signed in, however I'm still being told I need to change...: Hello, I'm trying to figure out why I can't revert my PIN to 4 digits, or at least stop being forced to change it so regularly. I have no accounts in my work or school accounts area and cannot find out why I'm being forced to change PINs.I've attempted using regedit to access...
  4. I'm an adult. I'm the only one in my "family account". But I am being blocked from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm an adult. I'm the only one in my "family account". But I am being blocked from...: I am an adult. I have my own computer. I don't have a family. I am using edge. When I go to some webpages - for example, to look for a pre-owned car - the browser tells me "You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family." I...
  5. I'm an adult. I'm the only one in my "family account". But I am being blocked from...

I'm an adult. I'm the only one in my "family account". But I am being blocked from...: I am an adult. I have my own computer. I don't have a family. I am using edge. When I go to some webpages - for example, to look for a pre-owned car - the browser tells me "You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family." I...
  6. Why am I being punished?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being punished?: Why am I getting punished for cussing someone out who was griefing and cheating but other people can call me a retarded monkey, spam me by calling me a ****, also flirt and harass me and I’ve reported some of them, but none of them gotten punished? Also I’ve had a problems...
  7. Why am I being punished?

Why am I being punished?: Why am I getting punished for cussing someone out who was griefing and cheating but other people can call me a retarded monkey, spam me by calling me a ****, also flirt and harass me and I’ve reported some of them, but none of them gotten punished? Also I’ve had a problems...
  8. Why am i being deleted?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why am i being deleted?: Why are moderators deleting what i say? I am just trying to get an opinion of the advisors of what they think of me. Let me guess, this is deleted as well as i will get mail if it does. I am just trying to be nice...
  9. Keep on being told I can't sign into my MS Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keep on being told I can't sign into my MS Account: It thien tells me "This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account, then signing back in. If you don't sign out now, any files that you create or changes that you make will be lost." I have signed out 6 or 7 times, but I always get the same message. I've also...
  10. Told to contact admin - but i am admin!

in Windows 10 Support
    Told to contact admin - but i am admin!: I wanted to save a txt file to C: and got told I didn't have permission to save in that location: contact admin. But I have admin, am an administrator. How does all that work? p.s. sharing is enabled. Administrators have full control. 114054