Windows 10: Why am i blocked?

Discus and support Why am i blocked? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Alright. Lucky that i have another email so that i can just use that to login and ask. I have another account. That account has been blocked, i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by qaws1593, Oct 13, 2018.

1. qaws1593 Win User

Why am i blocked?

Alright.

Lucky that i have another email so that i can just use that to login and ask.

I have another account. That account has been blocked, i don't know why and when it happened. I just came to read some answers and then i couldn't because it was apparently blocked.

Does anyone know who i have to write to if i wanna know why i got blocked?

:)

qaws1593, Oct 13, 2018

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 13, 2018
  3. sonja72 Win User
    Call Blocking

Hi, Just reading your comment regarding the update to enable call blocking, do you know how to or if there is an ipdate to block certain numbers on Lumia 520 by any chance, My instruction manual gives me step by step guide on how to do it but when i try
    it, i dont have the features it suggests ??? thanks in advance if yoou can help

sonja72, Oct 13, 2018
  4. LGV
    LGV Win User

Why am i blocked?

How To Block Facebook

Step 1. Explore C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
    Step 2. Look for a file named as hosts, then open it with Notepad.
    Step 3. At the bottom of the file, add the line as shown below:
    127.0.0.1 www.blockingsite1.com
    We have just shown you www.blockingsite 1.com as example only, replace it with the actual URL so that they are inaccessible to all.
    Step 4. Simultaneously if you have more websites that would like to be blocked, just press Enter and repeat step 3 to add additional URL until all desired websites are added. Now make “Enter” at the last line of the UR
    Step 5. Save and close the file.
    After doing the above formalities all websites that you have entered will be blocked with immediate effect. Definitely this theory will help you to prevent certain websites from being accessed by your kids or anybody else for any reason.

Thema:

Why am i blocked?

1. Why am i blocked? - Similar Threads - Why blocked

2. Why am I being blocked on my laptop from a grocery store website using the Chrome browser...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being blocked on my laptop from a grocery store website using the Chrome browser...: I have not been able to access the Giant food website on my computer using the Chrome browser for the last several months. I get the message "blocked". I can get it on my Edge browser using the same computer. Why is this happening? Is there anything I can do to ix this? I am...
  3. Why am I being blocked on my laptop from a grocery store website using the Chrome browser...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I being blocked on my laptop from a grocery store website using the Chrome browser...: I have not been able to access the Giant food website on my computer using the Chrome browser for the last several months. I get the message "blocked". I can get it on my Edge browser using the same computer. Why is this happening? Is there anything I can do to ix this? I am...
  4. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked: Hi,I am just wondering how I can change the setting to my laptop in regards on changing my lock screen. Every time i try and change it all of the settings are locked and I'm not sure how to change this, it says it has something to do with my laptop settings but I don't know...
  5. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked: Hi,I am just wondering how I can change the setting to my laptop in regards on changing my lock screen. Every time i try and change it all of the settings are locked and I'm not sure how to change this, it says it has something to do with my laptop settings but I don't know...
  6. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?: This is an example: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/arizona-republicans-advance-bill-legalizing-killing-migrants-on-suspicion-of-trespassing/ar-BB1j0cdR...
  8. Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?

Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?: This is an example: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/arizona-republicans-advance-bill-legalizing-killing-migrants-on-suspicion-of-trespassing/ar-BB1j0cdR...
  9. Why won't Windows 11 with Microsoft Edge allow H&R block software to install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Windows 11 with Microsoft Edge allow H&R block software to install?: I recently downloaded H&R block software for 2023, and when I tried to open the app I was told it wasn't microsoft-verified. Supposedly Windows 11 allows this software. Can you solve the problem?...
  10. Why won't Windows 11 with Microsoft Edge allow H&R block software to install?

Why won't Windows 11 with Microsoft Edge allow H&R block software to install?: I recently downloaded H&R block software for 2023, and when I tried to open the app I was told it wasn't microsoft-verified. Supposedly Windows 11 allows this software. Can you solve the problem?...