Windows 10: Why am I constantly needing to maximize windows with a click or a drag on so much stuff on...

Discus and support Why am I constantly needing to maximize windows with a click or a drag on so much stuff on... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It drives me crazy. Does this happen to others too? I always thought that they way to stop this was to drag a window of any particular type thing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jeff A. Davis, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Why am I constantly needing to maximize windows with a click or a drag on so much stuff on...

It drives me crazy. Does this happen to others too? I always thought that they way to stop this was to drag a window of any particular type thing that opens, for example an email in Outlook 2016, and then the next time it would already open Maximized. This just doesn't seem to every work anymore. Why?

:)

Jeff A. Davis, Mar 5, 2021
  2. RickO_510 Win User

in win 10, maximized window won't drag

I had the same problem too. I had turned on Snap setting: Snap Window.

This disallowed me to drag a maximized window from display 1 to display 2.

Turning off the Snap Window, I couldnt move a Maximized window.

It turns out that moving a maximized window works in Snap window mode On when you move that window to the other display fast. Moving it slow makes Windows think that you want to snap it, as if you are parking a car backwards and.. slow.

Solution to move maximized windows:

1. Keep Snap Window On
    2. For Snapping a maximized window, move your mouse slow to the edge of a display
    3. For moving a maximized window (to a different display), move the maximized window fast

RickO_510, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized.

What are your 'Snapping' settings set to?

Why am I constantly needing to maximize windows with a click or a drag on so much stuff on... [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Why am I constantly needing to maximize windows with a click or a drag on so much stuff on...

Would like to reconfigure window dragging to drag when maximized.

Hello folks. I have a new install of W10 and would like to set up the window dragging to drag when the window is maximized. It was the default setting on W7 but not W10.

In W7, not only could I drag the window while it was maximized, if I just grabbed the title bar and moved it down a smidge, the window would un-maximize (as if I'd double clicked the title bar), I could also touch the mouse pointer to the top of the monitor I was dragging it to, and the window would maximize. If I didn't touch the top of the monitor, the window would stay where I placed it and not resize.

W10, I cannot drag a maximized window, nor will it maximize if I touch the top of the monitor with the mouse pointer while I'm dragging.

Can I change settings in W10 to make window dragging behave like it did in W7?

Thank you.

1Mythical1, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Why am I constantly needing to maximize windows with a click or a drag on so much stuff on...

1. Why am I constantly needing to maximize windows with a click or a drag on so much stuff on... - Similar Threads - Why constantly needing

2. Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?: I've noticed recently that I'm using way more memory than normal while just having my browser open! With Firefox open it says its using about 90% of memory, and when I close the browser to have nothing open it goes down to only 82%. I have 8 Gigs of memory and it says its...
  3. Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?: I've noticed recently that I'm using way more memory than normal while just having my browser open! With Firefox open it says its using about 90% of memory, and when I close the browser to have nothing open it goes down to only 82%. I have 8 Gigs of memory and it says its...
  4. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot drag a maximized window: Hello all, I bought a new mouse, and as soon as I use the new mouse I am unable to pick up a window and drag over to my second screen... it stops at the edge of the screen in the middle when the mouse cursor gets there. I have to pick up the window on the other window with my...
  5. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot drag a maximized window: Hello all, I bought a new mouse, and as soon as I use the new mouse I am unable to pick up a window and drag over to my second screen... it stops at the edge of the screen in the middle when the mouse cursor gets there. I have to pick up the window on the other window with my...
  6. Cannot drag a maximized window

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Dragging a window maximizes it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dragging a window maximizes it: I’m having an issue using windows 10 where when I try and drag a window it automatically maximizes with a green number 1. I’ve found threads with same issue and tried disabling the “prevent windows” option in ease of access but I want the sizing hot keys and options. Is there...
  8. why am I being hacked so much

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why am I being hacked so much: Why am I being hacked so much I keep getting locked out of my accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-am-i-being-hacked-so-much/b46e1c36-e3e3-48df-afc4-09123c1bf1a4
  9. Why am I getting so much junk email on windows mail ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I getting so much junk email on windows mail ?: Recently, I have been getting bunches of junk email every day . Mostly advertising . This is using Windows Mail . I am still using my old Hotmail account , because I would have to notify a bunch of people including health insurance and so forth...
  10. Why am I having so much time wasted on "Undoing changes".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why am I having so much time wasted on "Undoing changes".: I am very upset about my computer being unusable , constant updates that will not install. Please contact me, *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I should not have to modify the registry, do your job. Fix it. No reply, taking it further . Microsoft, where is...