Windows 10: Why am I getting a "Activate Windows" warning?

Discus and support Why am I getting a "Activate Windows" warning? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently had a local disaster at my place of residence. A pipe decided to fail and flooded almost the entire living area and forced me into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rosede, Jan 9, 2019.

1. rosede Win User

Why am I getting a "Activate Windows" warning?

I recently had a local disaster at my place of residence. A pipe decided to fail and flooded almost the entire living area and forced me into a temporary residence. Fortunately, I'm able to save my equipment and bring it with me. However, I am now receiving Windows activation errors.

As soon as I got the equipment stood back up and powered up, I was prompted with needing to activate my copy of Windows. This particular copy was from the Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade a few years ago.

I go to the Windows Activation screen in settings and I see the following:

I also get an prompted to activate my copy of MS 2016 Office.

I've tried calling and was hoping to speak to a live person, but only get an IVR to which will try to activate over the phone.

I'm not sure why moving my equipment from my residence to a temporary residence will cause this, but that seems to be the issue.

One additional bit of information that I forgot about. At my primary residence, the machine is on a LAN. Here at the temporary residence, its on an unsecured WIFI network, so I am also using a VPN tunnel to help keep myself protected from any prying eyes.

Any thoughts on what is going on?

Thanks

Daryl

:)

rosede, Jan 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 not getting activated.

Hi Johncy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• Have you activated your Previous version of Windows?

Windows is not activated as your previous version of Windows, your device was not activated prior to upgrade to Windows 10

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Go to Start.
    • Select Settings .
    • Go to Update & security.
    • Go Activation .
    • Click Change product key.
    • Enter your Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7 and click Next
      to complete activation.

If the issue still persist get back to us.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Jan 9, 2019
  3. windows activation

Hi Micah,

Check the list of error codes
    here
    and follow the suggested steps to resolve it. If the error code isn't in the list, kindly send us the exact error code. You may attach a screenshot of the error. By the way, how did you get your copy of Windows 10? I suggest that you refer to this

link
    for ways on how to activate Windows 10 depending on how you got your copy of Windows.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Why am I getting a "Activate Windows" warning?

Windows Media Center - still getting warning messages

Hello,

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

• In search tab type "Turn Windows features on or off" and click on the link when it prompted.
    • Now look for "Media feature" and expand it by clicking on it.
    • Under media feature you can find "Windows Media Center", un-check the box by clicking it.
    • Next, you will get a little warning box. Just click "yes" because it's asking if your perfectly okay with disabling it.
    • The last step is to reboot. A message saying you must restart the computer will pop up. Just shut it down or restart and log back in.
    I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Why am I getting a "Activate Windows" warning?

1. Why am I getting a "Activate Windows" warning? - Similar Threads - Why getting Activate

2. Why am I getting that my Windows is not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why am I getting that my Windows is not activated: My Windows got a notification that I need to activate it even that I got licensed already. This is upgraded from Windows 10 and activated even before....
  3. Why am I getting that my Windows is not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting that my Windows is not activated: My Windows got a notification that I need to activate it even that I got licensed already. This is upgraded from Windows 10 and activated even before....
  4. Why am I getting that my Windows is not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why am I getting warnings of being infected?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I getting warnings of being infected?: The warnings are coming through Focus assist and they are coming from Mcafee. I do not use Mcafee. I have had Windows Defender and Malware for years now. Every morning I get a scan and this morning it said I was Secure. Just in case I am doing a Full Scan. I just keep Xing...
  6. i am getting problem in activate windows

i am getting problem in activate windows: I am getting error 0xC004F074 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-problem-in-activate-windows/679dde16-2cd9-4aac-9d87-b1793a623621
  7. Why am I getting this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I getting this?: From the past few days I have been observing this [ATTACH] Is this an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-this/8907b6a8-7b2f-4a67-a9c0-b2dac403f968
  8. Why Am I Getting These ?

in Browsers and Email
    Why Am I Getting These ?: Whenever I click on a link in my email I get one of these errors seen in the attached file. I posted in a different forum about this a month ago and was told to do something in the browser security area to fix this issue. It did fix the issue....for a while and now its back....
  9. Why am I getting a "Active Windows" warning?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why am I getting a "Active Windows" warning?: I recently had a local disaster at my place of residence. A pipe decided to fail and flooded almost the entire living area and forced me into a temporary residence. Fortunately, I'm able to save my equipment and bring it with me. However, I am now receiving Windows activation...
  10. Why am I seeing "Activate Windows"?

Why am I seeing "Activate Windows"?: I put my system to sleep while I made lunch. When I came back I saw a message at lower right corner saying "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows." Needless to say I have never seen this before. Settings said to run the Activation Troubleshoot program. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why am i getting activate windows