Windows 10: Why am I getting a call from Microsoft that comes up on my caller ID as my name and home...

Discus and support Why am I getting a call from Microsoft that comes up on my caller ID as my name and home... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have received 6 calls this morning (1-18-19) from a number that came up on my caller ID to be my home name and phone number. I answered the first... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Summer SunshineUV, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Why am I getting a call from Microsoft that comes up on my caller ID as my name and home...

I have received 6 calls this morning (1-18-19) from a number that came up on my caller ID to be my home name and phone number. I answered the first one that said my Microsoft contract had expired and I should stay on the line for an agent. The calls started at 7:30am and continued for some time. I finally put my own home phone number in call block, but they continue to ring. How can they call me on my own number?

:)

Summer SunshineUV, Jan 18, 2019

2. caller ID

Hi,

To show the Caller ID, please follow these simple steps:

• From the Start screen, swipe left.
    • Scroll and tap Phone.
    • Tap the Menu icon.
    • Tap Settings/call settings.
    • Tap the Show my caller ID to drop-down.
    • Tap to select the desired option from the list.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards

Dennis Zac, Jan 18, 2019
  3. NikkVS Win User
    Caller id announcements in bluetooth

I have a Lumia 920 and I use 3 different bluetooth earpieces with it. I have a Bose Series 2, Plantronics Voyager Legend, and Plantronics BackBeat GO 2. Sometimes incoming callers names will be announced in the earpiece and sometimes the announcements
    will come from the phone. Sometimes I only get a generic call announcement in the earpiece with no caller id information from callers that are in my contact list.

I have played with the ease of access and speech settings, trying to get consistent caller id announcements in all of my earpieces.

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

NikkVS, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Supi1 Win User

Why am I getting a call from Microsoft that comes up on my caller ID as my name and home...

E7 caller ID problem

Hi,

Anyone else having problems with the E7 caller ID? I have a problem that randomly the phone doesn´t show the callers name, even if he/she is listed on my phonebook. This is not related to dublicate entries, because it works right after phone restart, but
    fails randomly. The SMS list is also affected, but not all the time. Few times a have seen a call come in and not show the name of the caller. After I have missed that call, I´ll go to the missed calls list and there is the name of the caller?!

There seems to be similar problems on the other E -series phones, but I didn´t find any resolution browsing the forum.

Supi1, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Why am I getting a call from Microsoft that comes up on my caller ID as my name and home...

1. Why am I getting a call from Microsoft that comes up on my caller ID as my name and home... - Similar Threads - Why getting call

2. why am I getting Japanese or Chinese writing on my scenery that come up when I turn on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am I getting Japanese or Chinese writing on my scenery that come up when I turn on my...: When I turn on my computer I get sceneries and this time it was scenery with Japanese or Chinese writing on it why is that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-japanese-or-chinese-writing-on-my/45dd00b9-0575-4236-b6fd-fc03ebe58946
  3. why am I getting Japanese or Chinese writing on my scenery that come up when I turn on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why am I getting Japanese or Chinese writing on my scenery that come up when I turn on my...: When I turn on my computer I get sceneries and this time it was scenery with Japanese or Chinese writing on it why is that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-japanese-or-chinese-writing-on-my/45dd00b9-0575-4236-b6fd-fc03ebe58946
  4. why am I getting Japanese or Chinese writing on my scenery that come up when I turn on my...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why am I getting this pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting this pop up: The below pop up has been occurring for the last few weeks. Can anyone tell me why I am getting ti and hoiw to stop it, it it doesn't seem to have any functionality....
  6. Microsoft Account Verification, no caller ID sometimes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Verification, no caller ID sometimes: Greetings, When logging in to my company's VPN, after providing password, I receive a phone call from Microsoft's "Account Verification" system. I'm prompted to press the "#" key and the system reports my account has been successfully verified. Usually that phone call...
  7. Why am I getting this on my DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why am I getting this on my DESKTOP?: I NEVER use EDGE or BING ever! As of today, I'm getting this posting screenshot on my DESKTOP even before I log in to ANY account. Is it yet another problem with the recent update to the OS? I rolled back to previous version but I'm getting this now. I tried to uninstall...
  8. Your Phone not showing names caller id for messages received

Your Phone not showing names caller id for messages received: I see only the phone number the message is from. I did import all of my contacts from other accounts to my MS acct. Anyone else having this issue? What might I be doing wrong?...
  9. User name to be changed from my email id to my name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User name to be changed from my email id to my name: Hi there Recently I changed my primary email alias in my Microsoft account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and deleted that old alias. After that my pc user name changed to *** Email address is removed for...
  10. caller id

caller id: When will Microsoft have it's own caller id for Windows Phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caller-id/4378eed1-59ee-40d4-b47b-b7c816aa13ac