Windows 10: Why am I getting "Document1 - Word" to appear (x4 windows) when reboot

Discus and support Why am I getting "Document1 - Word" to appear (x4 windows) when reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello When I reboot Windows10, why am I getting four MS Word windows entitled "Document1 - word"? Or to be more accurate, the 4th window is in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ship69, Jan 6, 2018.

1. ship69 Win User

Why am I getting "Document1 - Word" to appear (x4 windows) when reboot

Hello

When I reboot Windows10, why am I getting four MS Word windows entitled "Document1 - word"?

Or to be more accurate, the 4th window is in fact called "Documen2 - Word"

I am also getting six popup messages called "3DxService", containing the message "The 3DxService is already running".

Is this some kind of virus?
    How do I stop these from appearing?

Cheers

J

:)

ship69, Jan 6, 2018

2. typing an email in Word: Document1, clicked "file", so I could "save" but instead, when I clicked on "File" my document vanished off the screen.

Up on the "task bar" appear to be at least one copy of my unfinished email but when I click on the "Word Document1" bar to retrieve it nothing happens. Help please??

Dave

Hard#2pencil, Jan 6, 2018
  3. I am getting a error message " press ok and remove memory card" every 5 seconds,

try removing the battery and card for ten mins

techbuzzireland, Jan 6, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

That 3Dx thing looks like it's software for your mouse:
    3Dconnexion: FAQ

Open Task Manager: Press CTRL+Alt+Delete > Press Task Manager > Press Startup tab > Look at everything that starts up. See if you can find why Word is running multiple instances.

pepanee, Jan 6, 2018
  5. pepanee Win User
    For the 3Dx issue, Uninstall the software for your Mouse, then reinstall it.

pepanee, Jan 6, 2018
  6. ship69 Win User
    Yup that worked! Many thanks

J

ship69, Jan 8, 2018
  7. pepanee Win User
    You're welcome =)

Were you able to figure out the whole Document1 (x4 windows) thing yet?

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why am I getting "Document1 - Word" to appear (x4 windows) when reboot - Similar Threads - Why getting Document1

2. Why am I getting BSODs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why am I getting BSODs?: Hello, my PC was built within the last two years and I've had on and off issues with it crashing for no apparent reason. Today it crashed and had a BSOD while watching twitch.. and I hadn't changed the stream or even moved my mouse in over an hour..What's the deal?The...
  3. Why am I getting hacked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I getting hacked?: What program or app would be able to hack me through my browser ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-hacked/e7e1d774-61f4-4f77-be0e-4c173d24cc49
  4. Why am I getting this error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting this error?: Why am I getting this error? Is it because I'm on windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-this-error/48b2a930-04e1-4bac-bd07-5616bf8c75ee
  5. Why am I getting this error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting this error?: Why am I getting this error? Is it because I'm on windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-this-error/48b2a930-04e1-4bac-bd07-5616bf8c75ee
  6. Why am I getting this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I getting this?: From the past few days I have been observing this [ATTACH] Is this an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-this/8907b6a8-7b2f-4a67-a9c0-b2dac403f968
  7. Why Am I Getting These ?

in Browsers and Email
    Why Am I Getting These ?: Whenever I click on a link in my email I get one of these errors seen in the attached file. I posted in a different forum about this a month ago and was told to do something in the browser security area to fix this issue. It did fix the issue....for a while and now its back....
  8. Why am I getting this Popup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why am I getting this Popup?: Hi Support, Since an update to my Win10 2 days ago I've been getting this popup when the computer logs in. [ATTACH] I bought this computer with Win10 installed for personal use. It is a Wacom Mobilestudio Pro 16 from 2017. Thank you, Christian Moir...
  9. Word opening files as Document1, Document2

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word opening files as Document1, Document2: If I double-click on a Word file from Explorer, Word opens, but instead of opening the actual file for viewing or editing, it opens multiple copies, and they're named Document1, Document2, etc. If I right-click on the file and pick "open" then the file will properly - that...
  10. Word opening files as Document1, Document2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word opening files as Document1, Document2: If I double-click on a Word file from Explorer, Word opens, but instead of opening the actual file for viewing or editing, it opens multiple copies, and they're named Document1, Document2, etc. If I right-click on the file and pick "open" then the file will properly - that...