Windows 10: Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

Discus and support Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two E: drives and two F: drives exactly the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David Tervo, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

I have two E: drives and two F: drives exactly the same

:)

David Tervo, Apr 21, 2024
  2. DaveM121 Win User

My documents folder became my E:/ drive

Hi Leo,

thank you for the screenshot.

Open File Explorer, then navigate into the E drive.

Create a new folder on the E drive and name it Documents.

Move all files and folders that should be in Documents from the root of the E drive into that new Documents folder

Close File Explorer.

Open the registry editor again, it will still be on the same page.

Double click {F42EE2D3-909F-4907-8871-4C22FC0BF756}, set its Value Data to this and click OK

E:\Documents

Double click Personal, set its Value Data to this and click OK

E:\Documents

Close the Registry Editor and restart (not shut down) your PC and that will have fixed the problem, that Documents folder will now be correctly located on the E drive.

Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both? c003d52b-8827-4843-a9c9-1d0bcd7dc693?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Low disk space in recovery drive E

Funny business here:
    If I double click on the "Photography" folder on the desktop, it shows all the folders and files listed under "C:\Users\\Desktop\Photography".
    Then,with that open, if I click on "Photography" under the "Quick access" heading, I get
    This PC > RECOVERY E > > Desktop > Photography. !!We don't want that, right?!! More stuff that I totally do not understand. How do I get that stuff out of (E) and leave it in the other location? So do I just open up (E) and delete those files? Also, I have no idea how it got in (E) but it seems to me that I should find out so it doesn't keep happening.

If I double click on DOCUMENTS (all caps) on the desktop, I get C:\Users\\Desktop\DOCUMENTS. (There is another "Documents" folder created by Windows that I don't use, can't delete, and it's empty.) If I double click on DOCUMENTS under the "Quick Access" heading, I get the same thing; C:\Users\\Desktop\DOCUMENTS. So it appears (to my questionable understanding) that DOCUMENTS is not getting into (E). Good.

Ken Lichtsinn, Apr 21, 2024
  4. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

My data folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc) are on DRIVE E: not Drive C:

Patti,

Let me start by saying the above information would have been very useful at the start. Let me see if I can recap your original issue first...

Before Windows 10 Upgrade:

Your computer was configured (before the Win10 upgrade) to used drive (EWhy am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both? :) as your DEFAULT storage location for DOCUMENTS, PICTURES, MUSIC etc. I assume there were sub-folders for each.

After Windows 10 Upgrade:

After the upgrade, your DEFAULT storage locations were re-set to drive C:. This had the side affect of you seeing 'Documents' in the quick access list which did not point to your 'Documents' folder on drive E:.

What you wanted:

You wanted the 'Documents' and other data folders that showed up in the Quick Access list to point to your original files on drive E:. You also assumed that all new documents would be created in the Documents folder on drive E:.

Drive E: is your data drive because that is where you have space and you want to continue using that drive.

In the above description I used 'Documents' but that would apply to all of your 'data' folders such as Music, Video, Pictures etc.

If I have this right, please let me know.

FunSideOfSteve, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

1. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both? - Similar Threads - Why getting double

2. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?: I have two E: drives and two F: drives exactly the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-double-drives-ee-same-folders-in/6a1a17be-092a-4ab4-8237-8c50fb604d9b
  3. I am getting doubles of the same files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting doubles of the same files.: Hello,I was deleting some files, only to find out that they are back in. These files that I wanted to delete are in a folder that I blocked OneDrive from. How do I stop this from happening?...
  4. I am getting doubles of the same files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting doubles of the same files.: Hello,I was deleting some files, only to find out that they are back in. These files that I wanted to delete are in a folder that I blocked OneDrive from. How do I stop this from happening?...
  5. e-drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    e-drive: I purchased a new computer and my e-drive is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-drive/743d3371-9e8a-44a4-9cea-dc2b445985bc
  6. The folders from the E-Drive get authomatically deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The folders from the E-Drive get authomatically deleted: I am facing an issue with windows 10. My E-drive automatically delete the Folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folders-from-the-e-drive-get-authomatically/3cfaa512-2841-490c-9002-74efa979a19e
  7. The folders from the E-Drive get authomatically deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The folders from the E-Drive get authomatically deleted: I am facing an issue with windows 10. My E-drive automatically delete the Folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folders-from-the-e-drive-get-authomatically/3cfaa512-2841-490c-9002-74efa979a19e
  8. The folders from the E-Drive get authomatically deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. a windowsapp folder in E drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a windowsapp folder in E drive: so there is a windows apps follder in my e drive i have taken full control of it and and found 2 folders one named "deleted" and other is "Mutablebackup" and both are empty folders.. Shall i delete it? is it safe to delete? i am scared that if i delete it it will corrupt...
  10. drive e:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drive e:: my drive E: says drive almost full but when i open it there is nothing inside its empty please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/drive-e/c5deff65-dc0e-4550-a695-6a93ba094995