Windows 10: Why am I getting so much junk email on windows mail ?

Discus and support Why am I getting so much junk email on windows mail ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently, I have been getting bunches of junk email every day . Mostly advertising . This is using Windows Mail . I am still using my old Hotmail... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by elwood h.stone jr., Jul 20, 2019.

1. Why am I getting so much junk email on windows mail ?

Recently, I have been getting bunches of junk email every day . Mostly advertising . This is using Windows Mail . I am still using my old Hotmail account , because I would have to notify a bunch of people including health insurance and so forth

:)

elwood h.stone jr., Jul 20, 2019
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Windows Live Mail Junk not junk

I don't see those options on my Hotmail account....on the web <---- I access my email from on the web, not on my desktop. Here is a pic of my Junk mail folder....on the web...

Why am I getting so much junk email on windows mail ? [​IMG]

Hotmail.com AND Outlook.com are same mail programs.....on the web....

OldMike65, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Mystere Win User
    Junk email

It's a never-ending battle. They spammers change their email addresses, so while the previous spammers email address was added to the blocked senders list, the new one is not. The only way to combat this is to engage the high sensitivity filters, which basically block all but people you have in your contacts list. This means all email goes to your junk mail filter unless the sender is in your contacts. But, this means you can't get any email from senders you aren't expecting unless you check your junk mail folder and add them to your contacts.

This also isn't perfect, since the spammers use tricks like using your own email address as the source, or hijacking your friends email accounts and sending spam from their accounts.

Mystere, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Why am I getting so much junk email on windows mail ?

how do I mark email as junk. My inbox is getting overrun with junk

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

1.Are you referring to mail app or outlook mail?

The Windows 10 modern Mail application is designed with cloud-based e-mail access in mind. E-mail filtering, such as eliminating “spam” or junk mail, is expected to occur at the server side.

If you want to make any changes in the email account or want to turn on the spam guard, you have to do it in the email account which you have configured with Mail apps in Windows 10 (e.g: if you are using yahoo account in
    mail apps, you have to configure spam guard in yahoo, This settings will be automatically updated in mail apps)

If you are using outlook account you can follow the below suggestions. Outlook.com has several features to stop receiving junk/phishing messages. In order to filter it, I suggest that you delete them from your contact list
    and then you may follow one of the options below:

Method 1: Block a sender or a domain name.

1. Sign in to your account. Go to inbox.

2. Click the Gear icon located at the upper-right side of the page.

3. Select More mail settings.

4. Under Preventing junk email, click Safe and blocked senders.

5. Click Blocked senders.

6. Enter the email address or domain on the box labeled Blocked email address or domain: and click Add to list >>.

Method 2: Set the filtering level of the messages.

Please follow these steps to setup your junk e-mail filter in Outlook.com:

1. Sign in to the Outlook.com website with your Microsoft account.

2. In the upper-right corner of the page, click Gear icon, and then click More mail settings.

3. Under Preventing junk email, click Filters and reporting.

4. Under Filters and reporting, select the options that you want, and then click Save.

Notes:

> If you choose Exclusive for your junk e-mail filter, only messages from e-mail addresses on your Contacts or Allowed senders lists appear in your Inbox. Messages from senders not on those lists are automatically sent to
    the Junk e-mail folder.

> You should occasionally check your junk e-mail folder to make sure that good messages are not sent there by mistake.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Suvarna Govinda, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Why am I getting so much junk email on windows mail ?

1. Why am I getting so much junk email on windows mail ? - Similar Threads - Why getting much

2. why am I being hacked so much

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why am I being hacked so much: Why am I being hacked so much I keep getting locked out of my accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-am-i-being-hacked-so-much/b46e1c36-e3e3-48df-afc4-09123c1bf1a4
  3. MAIL - junk email seperating from real email

in Windows 10 Customization
    MAIL - junk email seperating from real email: Just upgraded Windows 10. Email changed for Live Mail to MAIL. I do not like the new format, but have no idea how to change it. In Live Mail - I could block senders emails do they appear in my junk mail box spam notifications and newsletters etc so my inbox was not full of...
  4. MAIL - junk mail sperating from real email

MAIL - junk mail sperating from real email: Just upgraded Windows 10. Email changed for Live Mail to MAIL. I do not like the new format, but have no idea how to change it. In Live Mail - I could block senders emails do they appear in my junk mail box spam notifications and newsletters etc so my inbox was not full of...
  5. Email Junk mail folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Junk mail folder: Since setting up my email on my laptop Windows 10 I am unable to sync the Junk folder, incoming and out going email is fine, just an empty Junk folder, I can see all content of junk folder on my iphone and Tablet, any ideas mario...
  6. junk mail

junk mail: Since an update from Microsoft I cannot block junk mail without going to view blocked senders wich I have no idea what that's about https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-mail/d266a929-d8c2-463a-9d6f-b856d6e1a7c9
  7. Why am I not able to get to my daily junk mail folder????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I not able to get to my daily junk mail folder????: Why am I not able to get to my junk mail folder that I receive every day????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-not-able-to-get-to-my-daily-junk-mail/530fdfe7-7173-4578-b827-3db8a3fcec36"
  8. junk mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    junk mail: Been using Mail app for about a year now & am now getting a lot of junk mail. Why?? & how do I stop it?? Thanks!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-mail/9b49fef5-b620-4d81-a394-158604052911
  9. Junk Email Folder in Windows Mail

Junk Email Folder in Windows Mail: How do I set parameters for Junk Email in Windows Mail? I am getting a lot of wanted emails arbitrarily directed to my Junk folder and there seems to be no rationale whatsoever, because email from most of the same senders is arriving in my normal Inbox. This is causing me...
  10. Windows Live Mail Junk not junk

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Junk not junk: Hi, lots of mail going into the junk folder is not junk. I have looked for solutions and on the Help info. it says whilst the mail is displayed, select Home> etc etc ............................but where is the Home tab ? 38276

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why am i getting so much junk e-mail

2. why am i getting junk mail in my inbox

3. why am I getting so much junk mail

4. why am i getting junk email,
  5. why am i getting so much junk email,
  6. Why can’t I suddenly not see my Junk e-mail?,
  7. i am suddenly getting lots of junk mail,
  8. why so much junk in hotmail,
  9. why am i getting so much junk mail in outlook,
  10. suddenly getting junk mail in my inbox,
  11. why am i suddenly getting junk.mail sent to my inbox?,