Windows 10: Why am I getting the option to download preview updates when i'm not part of the insider...

Discus and support Why am I getting the option to download preview updates when i'm not part of the insider... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As title says, I keep getting the option in windows update to install the newest update preview for windows, but i'm not even part of the insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Voice-Spiritual, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Why am I getting the option to download preview updates when i'm not part of the insider...

As title says, I keep getting the option in windows update to install the newest update preview for windows, but i'm not even part of the insider program so why does it even pop up? I have the Windows Insider service completely disabled and my telemetry is set to the lowest value, so I have no idea why it thinks that im part of it. I never used to get these, it's just started to pop up all of the sudden.

Link to pics of the option to update

submitted by /u/Voice-Spiritual
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Voice-Spiritual, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Cant download windows Insider Preview

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error while trying to download Windows Insider Preview. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you trying to download the ISO file of Windows Insider Preview?
    • What type of internet connection are you using i.e. wired or wireless?

Ideally, when you subscribe and setup the Windows Insider Program on your computer, the latest preview version is automatically downloaded through Windows Updates. You can refer the

Windows Insider Program User Guide
    to know more about the Windows Insider program.

If you wish to download the ISO file, you can get it from
    Windows Insider Preview Downloads
    . If you receive any error while downloading, try using a different browser and check if that helps. You may also try connecting to a different network and check if the download proceeds.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 30, 2020
  3. qhaas Win User
    Getting forced .NET 'Preview' Updates despite not being a Windows Insider

Thanks. This confirms I'm not in the insider program, as I suspected.

However, it is odd that the .NET 'preview' updates would be automatically downloaded/installed when I simply hit 'check for updates' and taking no further actions. The other 'preview' updates require further steps of selecting them under the 'optional'
    pane (not that I would select an update flagged as 'preview', 'beta', etc).

qhaas, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Why am I getting the option to download preview updates when i'm not part of the insider...

Cant get out of Insider Preview Versions

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Go to the following website Windows Insider Program
    • Sign In using the credentials that you used to sign up.
    • At the top of the page, click the Leave Program tab.
    • Confirm that you want to leave.
    Note: This will only remove your participation in the Insiders Program.

The Automatic Feedback can only be stopped by
    uninstalling the Windows 10 Technical Preview.

• Restart the machine.
    • Sign out from the Microsoft Account and sign in again and check if it persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Why am I getting the option to download preview updates when i'm not part of the insider...

1. Why am I getting the option to download preview updates when i'm not part of the insider... - Similar Threads - Why getting option

2. WHY I AM NOT GETTING UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY I AM NOT GETTING UPDATE: Recently i had to reinstall windows11 for some reason and after installing i get version 21H2 and i am still waiting but i dont get update for 22H2 or 23h2 can somebody help me if anything to do so pls tell me a way without data loss and pls i directly want to get 23H2....
  3. Why am I getting notifications that I'm off line when I'm not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting notifications that I'm off line when I'm not?: I keep getting notification saying "you are currently off line", when I'm not. It pops up in the left hand corner of my screen and looks like a Microsoft notification like you would normally see in "Notifcations". It shows the WiFi symbol with a line through it and suggests I...
  4. Why am I getting notifications that I'm off line when I'm not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting notifications that I'm off line when I'm not?: I keep getting notification saying "you are currently off line", when I'm not. It pops up in the left hand corner of my screen and looks like a Microsoft notification like you would normally see in "Notifcations". It shows the WiFi symbol with a line through it and suggests I...
  5. Why am I getting notifications that I'm off line when I'm not?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Why am I STILL getting win 11 INSIDER PREVIEW updates after unenrolling 2 weeks later?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I STILL getting win 11 INSIDER PREVIEW updates after unenrolling 2 weeks later?...: Shall i post the entire chat? NO, we've seen them all before.I've tried everything on MS website and so did tiers 1,2 and 3 supposedly. How do I STOP this madness and just use Win 11 Home?...
  7. Why am I STILL getting win 11 INSIDER PREVIEW updates after unenrolling 2 weeks later?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I STILL getting win 11 INSIDER PREVIEW updates after unenrolling 2 weeks later?...: Shall i post the entire chat? NO, we've seen them all before.I've tried everything on MS website and so did tiers 1,2 and 3 supposedly. How do I STOP this madness and just use Win 11 Home?...
  8. I am unable to join the Insider Preview

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am unable to join the Insider Preview: In 2020, I downloaded "Windows 10 Insider Preview 19041.1". In mid-2020, I had updates, and then the Settings Insider Preview asked me to restart my computer, so I restarted it, and then it kicked me out, later when I wanted to join, it was a bug that I couldn't attach....
  9. I am not on beta or any insider programs, why am I getting cumulative update previews...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am not on beta or any insider programs, why am I getting cumulative update previews...: hi I keep getting cumulative update previews for .NET installed, I am not a windows insider, how can I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-on-beta-or-any-insider-programs-why-am-i/376d59a8-5592-40c1-ae14-9da4f12f1da2
  10. windows insider preview downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows insider preview downloading: fails to download preview 20201.trried every possible thing .Not fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-preview-downloading/79bdc0a1-ab9d-40b9-8423-431370dc9698