Windows 10: Why am i getting these pop ups

Discus and support Why am i getting these pop ups in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep getting pop ups on the web pages i am looking at I do not get them on my laptop. I have checked all edge settings on my laptop and set PC to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lawnmower74, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Why am i getting these pop ups

I keep getting pop ups on the web pages i am looking at I do not get them on my laptop. I have checked all edge settings on my laptop and set PC to same settings but it makes no difference is their any settings i should be using in win 10 that will stop this also have checked settings in Norton 360 and they are all the same on both machines

:)

lawnmower74, Jun 10, 2021

2. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Donna Men Win User
    annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Why am i getting these pop ups

Spam pop ups !

Hello,

To help you resolve your concern with those pop-ups, we'd like to ask for the following information:

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What were you trying to perform when getting that?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, we suggest that you check this to know more on

how to recognize phishing email messages, links, or phone calls.

Your response will be appreciated.

Marvin Barc, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Why am i getting these pop ups

1. Why am i getting these pop ups - Similar Threads - Why getting pop

2. Why am I getting the pop-ups shown in the attachment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting the pop-ups shown in the attachment: On Facebook, when I click on some posts, I get a security warning pop-up. I don't believe the pop-up is real. Any ideas on what to do?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-the-pop-ups-shown-in-the/f7ef736b-fe3a-41de-824c-44d9eb495c47
  3. Why am I getting the pop-ups shown in the attachment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting the pop-ups shown in the attachment: On Facebook, when I click on some posts, I get a security warning pop-up. I don't believe the pop-up is real. Any ideas on what to do?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-the-pop-ups-shown-in-the/f7ef736b-fe3a-41de-824c-44d9eb495c47
  4. Why am I seeing a pop-up always after signing in?

Why am I seeing a pop-up always after signing in?: It happened on the 14th of this month when I finally downloaded Visual Studio I deleted it the next day because it consumed all the space available on my disk. Now, there has been a message popping up which asks me all the time how do you want to open this file, when I have...
  5. why am i getting icloud sign on pop up window all the time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am i getting icloud sign on pop up window all the time?: why am i getting icloud sign on pop up window all the time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-icloud-sign-on-pop-up-window-all/af1c75e5-9b06-4f78-aaeb-8f262ed72597
  6. why am i getting icloud sign on pop up window all the time?

why am i getting icloud sign on pop up window all the time?: why am i getting icloud sign on pop up window all the time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-icloud-sign-on-pop-up-window-all/af1c75e5-9b06-4f78-aaeb-8f262ed72597
  7. Why am I getting this pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting this pop up: The below pop up has been occurring for the last few weeks. Can anyone tell me why I am getting ti and hoiw to stop it, it it doesn't seem to have any functionality....
  8. Why am I getting this pop up

Why am I getting this pop up: The below pop up has been occurring for the last few weeks. Can anyone tell me why I am getting ti and hoiw to stop it, it it doesn't seem to have any functionality....
  9. i am sick of this pop ups.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i am sick of this pop ups.: please help with these pop ups. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-sick-of-this-pop-ups/8b0d2f3d-0d2f-4540-b19a-fd04046d7e68"
  10. Why is a security scan popping up while I am on facebook?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is a security scan popping up while I am on facebook?: I already have a security / anti-virus on my computer so I do not use the one that came with Windows 10. My anti-virus has auto updates and scans so that it is always up to date. I have had my computer for 3 years and have never activated the security program. It simply...