Windows 10: Why am I getting this strange visual artifact with Windows 10 menus?

Discus and support Why am I getting this strange visual artifact with Windows 10 menus? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have one desktop where this thing happens. It's my email server that stays on for months at a time. I've been noticing that over time Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ahmd, Feb 12, 2019.

1. ahmd Win User

Why am I getting this strange visual artifact with Windows 10 menus?

I have one desktop where this thing happens. It's my email server that stays on for months at a time. I've been noticing that over time Windows 10 Start menu begins to show weird visual artifacts. (This by the way doesn't happen to non-Windows 10 user interface, to what Microsoft now calls "desktop apps".)

So take a look, this is how my start menu looked like today (I masked my location on the weather app, but the rest is unedited):

Why am I getting this strange visual artifact with Windows 10 menus? fZAAzvU.png

Note that I try to install the latest updates and don't install any software after everything was installed originally. Also if I sign out and then log back in this visual glitch goes away (for a while.)

How can I fix this?

:)

2. sygnus21 Win User

Strange artifacting issue

I’ve a weird issue and I’m not quite sure where to post this…

I purchased a new video card back in early August. A day later the card started artifacting (see my video there). At any rate I wound up RMAing the card and all was good until now… the new card is doing the same thing.

Here’s the strange thing though… The card only artifacts while I’m on the internet. I can game and benchmark for hours and the card won’t artifact, overheat or anything else. In other words the only issue I have with this card is it occasionally aartifacts while browsing the internet. Key info….

• Window 10 Pro RTM
    • Sapphire Tri-X R9 Fury
    • Catalyst Drivers 15.7.1
    • Internet explorer 11
    • EVGA Super Nova 1000 G2 (1000 watt)
    • Games played - Dragon Age: Inquisition, Skyrim, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (high settings)

My system specs are listed.

Anyway I’m not sure if this a driver, card, OS, or PS issue. I do know the only time it happens is while browsing the internet.

Anyway thoughts, suggestions, theories?

Thanks.

sygnus21, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Why am I getting this strange visual artifact with Windows 10 menus?

Taskbar menu artifacts

I have added menus to the taskbar in Windows 10, just as I did with Windows 7.
    In both systems there are artifacts, seen here:

Why am I getting this strange visual artifact with Windows 10 menus? [​IMG]

When the taskbar is unlocked (upper image), the menus appear properly. But in the unlocked state it's all too easy to mess things up with an errant mouse stroke, so I like to lock the taskbar.

When the taskbar is locked (lower image), the menus show artifacts. Each menu artifact is a portion of the first icon in that menu.

In Win 7 I could (sometimes) eliminate the artifacts by unlocking, moving the menus around, then relocking. This often required multiple random-walks involving shifts and moves, and a bunch of dumb luck. But eventually the menus would appear like this:

Why am I getting this strange visual artifact with Windows 10 menus? [​IMG]

I could usually get this clean result in Win 7, but I cannot in Win 10.
    (That last screen shot is a fake. I Photoshopped it to make clear what I'm talking about.)

Is there a fix for this?

margrave55, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Why am I getting this strange visual artifact with Windows 10 menus?

1. Why am I getting this strange visual artifact with Windows 10 menus? - Similar Threads - Why getting strange

2. Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CfHsGLSometimes, I get a weird artifacting visual bugt when I change my Windows 10 security settings. My PC freezes up for a second and then a line of something that looks like a QR code. It's all black and white. It looks staticky. Is...
  3. Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CfHsGLSometimes, I get a weird artifacting visual bugt when I change my Windows 10 security settings. My PC freezes up for a second and then a line of something that looks like a QR code. It's all black and white. It looks staticky. Is...
  4. Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Visual artifacts on primary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Visual artifacts on primary monitor: Hello, I have been getting these strange visual glitches on my primary monitor on startup for a while and usually after a minute or so they go away, however they recently have been getting so bad that after a few seconds my whole screen freezes up and slowly becomes all...
  6. Visual artifacts on primary monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual artifacts on primary monitor: Hello, I have been getting these strange visual glitches on my primary monitor on startup for a while and usually after a minute or so they go away, however they recently have been getting so bad that after a few seconds my whole screen freezes up and slowly becomes all...
  7. Visual artifacts on primary monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Strange visual glitches Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange visual glitches Windows 10: Hello I am running a brand-new Lenovo t490s with Windows 10 Enterprise. Yesterday I suddenly started experiencing strange visual glitches. Any graphics are embedded/"watermarked" with a strange X or black/white screen. Issues are not present in all applications, but is still...
  9. Strange artifacting issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Strange artifacting issue: I’ve a weird issue and I’m not quite sure where to post this… I purchased a new video card back in early August. A day later the card started artifacting (see my video there). At any rate I wound up RMAing the card and all was good until now… the new card is doing the...
  10. Strange problem with menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange problem with menus: Hi All first time posting here, anyone having problems with menu items scrolling like mad. For instance when I'm in photos the options on the menu bar just keep scrolling round and round. Does that make sense? its driving me mad. 97919

Users found this page by searching for:

1. programs looking artefacts windows

2. why do i get strange artifacts while using internet explorer 11