Windows 10: Why am I getting "Unable to Verify Validity of the file when I try to download Gameroom?

Discus and support Why am I getting "Unable to Verify Validity of the file when I try to download Gameroom? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; That is the Question, but I am pretty sure I already know the answer, because it has happened before, but the only way it can be fixed is by Microsoft.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ruth2340, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Ruth2340 Win User

Why am I getting "Unable to Verify Validity of the file when I try to download Gameroom?

That is the Question, but I am pretty sure I already know the answer, because it has happened before, but the only way it can be fixed is by Microsoft.

Last time it happened it was after an Update was installed. Now this time the Update was installing Office 365, which I already had but it shows in my Programs that is was installed on Oct 19, 2019. I have been paying for it for nearly 2 years now.

After the Office 365 was installed on Oct 19.2019, I started having issues.

First the One Drive completely wiped clean and it began downloading and installing from scratch. That took most the day.

Then I lost access to my games and Gameroom crashed.

I uninstalled Gameroom and tried to Re-Install it like all day long for 2 days. I continue to get this "Unable to Verify the Validity of the file".

I also tried to get on my games with Chrome. Edge will not load at all, and now Chrome will not load them, since the Update on Oct 19, 2019.

I am not the only person with this issue. All day yesterday, Oct 22, 2019, there are 100's of people who are having the same issue, several stating they recently received an Update.

I only play 2 games on Facebook, one being Bingo Bash the other Bingo Drive. Bingo Bash loads on Chrome and on Edge and works just fine on either. Bingo Drive will not load at all, either on Edge or on Chrome, so I was using Gameroom for my games and all was working fine until this last Update.

There has always been an issue with Bingo Drive and Edge. ALWAYS.

I used Internet Explorer for sometime instead of Edge, which worked fine, until I got Office 365, then that ended using Internet Explorer, which is why I went to Chrome.

I know this is for others to suggest ways to find and fix problems. And most the time it helps, but this is not going to go away until Microsoft gets into it.

But I do have one question: WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I UNINSTALL THE OFFICE 365 AND DUMP THE ONE DRIVE?

DO I NEED EITHER TO USE THE INTERNET EITHER ON EDGE OR ON CHROME?

The only other thing I use the Internet for is my Genealogy research and for email.

I am a Senior on a limited income, therefore cannot keep paying for someone to fix issues, that actually cannot be fixed until Microsoft fixes it at their end.

:)

Ruth2340, Oct 23, 2019
  2. SavEm12 Win User

Facebook Gameroom

I don't know which program is giving me the following message: "Unable to validate the validity of the downloaded file."

I've been getting this message for the last 4 days when I try to install the FB Gameroom feature. Can you just tell me if this is a Microsoft message and where I might go to figure out what's wrong? I've reported a number of problems regarding Gameroom
    to FB but never get any solutions.

Thank you,

SavEm12, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Dan P 75 Win User
    FB gameroom install problem

Just bought this laptop and can't seem to be able to install fb gameroom. Opening the download in folder prompts a text saying "This file does not have a valid digital signature that verifies it's publisher. You should only run software from publishers
    you trust." How do I fix that? It is after all,just facebook gameroom.

Dan P 75, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Why am I getting "Unable to Verify Validity of the file when I try to download Gameroom?

Facebook Gameroom I cannot get it to re install, keeps coming up not validated.

Hello, This did not solve the issue. Window will come up that says "We are unable to verify the validity of the download" " Publisher could not be verified. Been playing for 2 years. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it like other poster. This has
    not happened before. same issue trying to download on firefox, facebook, chrome. Can you help?

Pandabluebaby, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Why am I getting "Unable to Verify Validity of the file when I try to download Gameroom?

1. Why am I getting "Unable to Verify Validity of the file when I try to download Gameroom? - Similar Threads - Why getting Unable

2. Why am I unable to download the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I unable to download the Microsoft store?: I go to the MS store link, I click on the download key and...nothing happens, no download no nothing. And I cant update my Laptop at all. It says I'm eligible to but it says to contact the system administrator that doesn't exist. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  3. Why am I unable to download the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I unable to download the Microsoft store?: I go to the MS store link, I click on the download key and...nothing happens, no download no nothing. And I cant update my Laptop at all. It says I'm eligible to but it says to contact the system administrator that doesn't exist. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  4. Why am i unable to download language pack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am i unable to download language pack?: Windows 11 failed to download language pack it always stuck on downloading for hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-download-language-pack/58363dfb-4738-4c23-af3b-f7baf39b44b4
  5. Why am i unable to download language pack?

Why am i unable to download language pack?: Windows 11 failed to download language pack it always stuck on downloading for hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-download-language-pack/58363dfb-4738-4c23-af3b-f7baf39b44b4
  6. Why is that that I am unable to download Snip & Sketch?

Why is that that I am unable to download Snip & Sketch?: When I go to the Microsoft Store and type "Snip & Sketch", the result is not there, only Snipping Tool, Snip&Share, Sketch Me!, Pencil Photo Sketch Maker, Sketch Board, and other apps was shown, but not Snip & Sketch. I am not sure if Snip & Sketch is just an updated version...
  7. why am I getting this package could not be registered on downloads and even when I try to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why am I getting this package could not be registered on downloads and even when I try to...: I need assistance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-this-package-could-not-be/7775eab6-2d87-4e2a-806f-f439f7b86664
  8. Facebook Gameroom I cannot get it to re install, keeps coming up not validated.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Facebook Gameroom I cannot get it to re install, keeps coming up not validated.: I have been using this gameroom for over a year. Sometimes I have had to uninstall and reinstall if it quit working. Well I uninstalled and now I cannot Install it. Pop up says file I am trying to Download is not Validated. This just started on 10/25/2018. Could use some...
  9. cant download gameroom,why

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant download gameroom,why: I cant down load game room from facebook,why?please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-gameroomwhy/86c47a75-9771-4dbe-9b9b-335bd9844a39
  10. Why am I getting this message when trying to access a particular file

in Windows 10 Support
    Why am I getting this message when trying to access a particular file: I get this message when trying to access particular folders. Is there a reason for this and can it be overcome. I'll give you a screenshot of what I'm talking about. 54362

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Facebook Gameroom will not install due to Windows 10 not being able to verify its validity

2. what does it mean when an install attempt prompts we are unable to verify the validity of a downloaded file

3. why am i getting this message unable to validity of the downloaded file

4. unable to verify the validity of the download,
  5. unable to verify validity,
  6. we are unable to verifty the validity of the downloaded file ,
  7. we were unable to verify the validity of your file,
  8. how do i over ride we are unable to verify the validty of the dowmload file,
  9. we are unable to verify the validity of the file 2019,
  10. we are unable to verify the downloaded,
  11. we are unable to verify the validity of the,
  12. facebook gameroom unable to verify validity,
  13. unable to verify the validity of the downloaded file error