Windows 10: Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...

Discus and support Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just upgraded my PC to Windows 11 and noticed that many apps were missing, so I scrolled through the start menu and I saw this stuff.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RockyPlayzMC497, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...

I just upgraded my PC to Windows 11 and noticed that many apps were missing, so I scrolled through the start menu and I saw this stuff.

:)

RockyPlayzMC497, Dec 5, 2022

2. Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows..

Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,... [​IMG]

Read more: http://www.neowin.net/news/like-seei...versary-update

Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,... [​IMG]
    Tip How to Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

Cluster Head, Dec 5, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Dec 5, 2022
  4. Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...

1. Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,... - Similar Threads - Why having stuff

2. So why did Notepad just lose my stuff???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So why did Notepad just lose my stuff???: Hi AllSo I have a question before about "new" Notepad and how it is extremely UN-user friendly by opening multiple tabs and the like. So I changed the setting, saw that I had two versions of the same notepad document open. Saved the updated one and closed the otherNext time I...
  3. So why did Notepad just lose my stuff???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So why did Notepad just lose my stuff???: Hi AllSo I have a question before about "new" Notepad and how it is extremely UN-user friendly by opening multiple tabs and the like. So I changed the setting, saw that I had two versions of the same notepad document open. Saved the updated one and closed the otherNext time I...
  4. Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...: I just upgraded my PC to Windows 11 and noticed that many apps were missing, so I scrolled through the start menu and I saw this stuff. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-having-these-stuff-in-my-start-menu-and/46ebf89f-2d47-4140-b615-bbeec98e9518
  5. My start menue apps have moved.

My start menue apps have moved.: When I hit my start button bottom left all my apps have now moved to the center of the page. Any ideas? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menue-apps-have-moved/c0b44c53-bdc6-45a3-8ba3-7a3ff2c12649
  6. My start menue apps have moved.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My start menue apps have moved.: When I hit my start button bottom left all my apps have now moved to the center of the page. Any ideas? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menue-apps-have-moved/c0b44c53-bdc6-45a3-8ba3-7a3ff2c12649
  7. Many pre-installed apps Not Opening

Many pre-installed apps Not Opening: Many preinstalled apps like Microsoft store, location, microphone etc are not opening. i by mistakely moved the app data folder to other drive. then i tried re installing windows 10. but they are not working. when i reinstalled windows 10 then it was not showing the apps but...
  8. Why are my start menu tiles looking like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my start menu tiles looking like this?: So this is what two of my adobe programs look like in the start menu. https://i.imgur.com/JJM4ukH.png My Google Chrome tile used to be dark grey but I managed to fix that. However, I can't think of a solution for this one. It looks so ugly. Why does this happen in the...
  9. Why are there apps pre-installed? Why do I have to turn off s-mode to install apps like...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why are there apps pre-installed? Why do I have to turn off s-mode to install apps like...: Dear Microsoft/Windows or what-have-you, I was an advocate for Windows but now, I've had enough. I would like to know why you chose to include xbox in my pre-installed list of apps that I will never use. Honestly, when someone is making a purchase for a device, I say you...
  10. Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu: As per the image below - why are many of my apps not showing their icons? There's not options to change them and I've tried pinning the original .exe and shortcuts to the app but there is no difference. Any clues? [img] 10775