Windows 10: Why am I having trouble connecting to the Internet?

Discus and support Why am I having trouble connecting to the Internet? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home. I have been having sporadic problems with Internet connection for over a week. Today again, I am able to get online if I wait... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nikilet2, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Nikilet2 Win User

Why am I having trouble connecting to the Internet?

I have Windows 10 Home.

I have been having sporadic problems with Internet connection for over a week. Today again, I am able to get online if I wait long enough but it takes forever and normally my computer is very fast.

When I tried to run the Network Adapter troubleshooter, I got this window message:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item."

I called the help number for my provider and was told that this is probably a corrupt file and if I contacted Microsoft they would be able to help me download a new file. I was given a number for Microsoft. However, I was asked if I wanted paid support, yes or no. I said no. I was given this link to come to for help.

I hope someone here can help me.

Thank you.

:)

Nikilet2, Apr 19, 2020

2. Having trouble connecting to the Internet.

There is no Advanced Options category.

AMDISBETTER, Apr 19, 2020
  3. troubles with internet and software

Thanks for your answer, i tried that, but the problem persist.

I have internet in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer (Actual Spartan), but the other programs not yet. Apple Update for example: "Not connection to network", and the same message for Steam, Origin, etc.

Luis H. Panta Bayona, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Why am I having trouble connecting to the Internet?

Having trouble connecting to the Internet.

the easiest way to switch it to private is press windows key and x key at same time
    then open control panel
    then open homegroup
    itll warn that you cannot start homegroup until you switch to private

Why am I having trouble connecting to the Internet? [​IMG]

any click on change network location
    itll switch it to private

icpwolverine, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Why am I having trouble connecting to the Internet?

1. Why am I having trouble connecting to the Internet? - Similar Threads - Why having trouble

2. Having trouble connecting to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble connecting to the internet: IT,I am having trouble connecting to our AT&T internet at our home. We have internet and run our streaming channels off of it, but I can’t connect my computer to it. Any suggestions as to what I can do differently?At a loss,Tonya Grant...
  3. Having trouble connecting to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble connecting to the internet: IT,I am having trouble connecting to our AT&T internet at our home. We have internet and run our streaming channels off of it, but I can’t connect my computer to it. Any suggestions as to what I can do differently?At a loss,Tonya Grant...
  4. Having trouble connecting to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble connecting to the internet.: I updated my laptop today and when it finally restarted, I went to connect to my university wifi, only to find that my settings did not have an option to connect to wireless internet. This was strange, because prior to the update, I had been using the wifi to do homework. I...
  5. Having trouble connecting to the internet.

Having trouble connecting to the internet.: I updated my laptop today and when it finally restarted, I went to connect to my university wifi, only to find that my settings did not have an option to connect to wireless internet. This was strange, because prior to the update, I had been using the wifi to do homework. I...
  6. Having trouble connecting to the internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having trouble connecting to the internet: I am having a problem connecting to the internet. I have tried everything it said to do and I still can’t connect. Can someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-connecting-to-the-internet/be76c6ea-294c-4eff-aa9f-9bd3fe416473
  7. Having trouble connecting to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble connecting to the internet: I am having a problem connecting to the internet. I have tried everything it said to do and I still can’t connect. Can someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-connecting-to-the-internet/be76c6ea-294c-4eff-aa9f-9bd3fe416473
  8. Having trouble connecting to the internet

9. having trouble with internet connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    having trouble with internet connectivity: cant connect to the internet ip config says media disconnected. running windows 10 version 1903. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-with-internet-connectivity/df95ebd7-48ce-43b1-a015-114a30307e4d
  10. Having trouble connecting to the Internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having trouble connecting to the Internet.: I have an Ethernet connection to my PC. My router randomly reset today and now I can't connect to the Internet on it. It says my connection is Public, and I have no option to change it to a private network. Please help. 18194