Windows 10: Why am I losing media control via Bluetooth?

Discus and support Why am I losing media control via Bluetooth? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello . I have a problem with my BT headphone Amp. When connected via USB cable all is great and working but as soon as they are connected via BT after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Piotr_Nowak, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Why am I losing media control via Bluetooth?

Hello . I have a problem with my BT headphone Amp. When connected via USB cable all is great and working but as soon as they are connected via BT after like a minute I'm losing media controls- Play/Pause and volume is only controlled in amp- Windows mixer is not reacting . What's the cause of this ? My BT drivers are up to date receiver is really strong .

:)

Piotr_Nowak, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Bgeo25 Win User

Bluetooth Headset Media Controls with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack

Hello!

I recently installed the latest version of the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack (v9.10.32T) for one of my desired applications to properly function. However, connecting my Bluetooth headphones through Toshiba's bluetooth manager does not seem to support the media buttons on the headset. These include Play/Pause and seek buttons. Before the Bluetooth stack, when I used my default bluetooth driver for connection, these controls had worked fine.

Also, there does not seem to be a specific setting to fix this in the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack Options.
    How would I go about getting these controls back?

Bgeo25, Jun 17, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Why am I losing media control via Bluetooth?

Bluetooth headphones stuttering and media controls not working Windows 10

I have a pair of R+ headphones that work beautifully with my android phone.

However. When I pair them with my laptop using an Avantree bluetooth dongle, with generic Windows drivers as per manufacturer recommendation, I get stuttering and bad quality sound. Also, the media controls (back/forward) don't work except for pause. (I also have onboard Bluetooth on the wireless card which I disable). This is true for another CSR dongle as well.

I have scoured the internet from end to end. I've tried reinstalling/uninstalling/turning off bluetooth, sound and wireless drivers. I've turned handfree telephony/audio enhancements on and off in every possible way known to humanity.

I don't know how to fix this. Any suggestions would be very welcome - I've spent hours on it and it's been driving me insane.

Update

See answer below, but this problem still remains:

Now media controls. The default Windows 10 drivers don't work, either with the dongles or onboard bluetooth. Only by using an old driver for one of the dongles (there is no Windows 10 driver for the other), can I get the media controls to work. I would prefer not to have to use a bulky, outdated software/driver package if Windows can be made to work.

Any solution to the second issue would be appreciated.

Grubbmeister, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Why am I losing media control via Bluetooth?

1. Why am I losing media control via Bluetooth? - Similar Threads - Why losing media

2. Xbox controller not showing via USB or Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller not showing via USB or Bluetooth: Hello. I have owned my PC for awhile now and never really had this issue until recently. I've used my Xbox One controller for PC gaming mostly through steam and sometimes my brother has used it for Fortnite via Epic, no issue whatsoever. It would be plugged in via USB,...
  3. Xbox controller not showing via USB or Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controller not showing via USB or Bluetooth: Hello. I have owned my PC for awhile now and never really had this issue until recently. I've used my Xbox One controller for PC gaming mostly through steam and sometimes my brother has used it for Fortnite via Epic, no issue whatsoever. It would be plugged in via USB,...
  4. Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use: Ever since the last update, I have been unable to use a bluetooth controller normally with my system. Every time I connect it to my machine via bluetooth, the controller works with whatever game I have open at the time, but ALSO changes audio and media playback. if i press up...
  5. Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use: Ever since the last update, I have been unable to use a bluetooth controller normally with my system. Every time I connect it to my machine via bluetooth, the controller works with whatever game I have open at the time, but ALSO changes audio and media playback. if i press up...
  6. Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use

7. Xbox Controller is not connecting via Bluetooth

Xbox Controller is not connecting via Bluetooth: Hello,i am currently trying to connect my controller via bluetooth with my windows 10 system but somehow its not shown in the bluetooth "add a device" list. However i did notice that the xbox one controller is shown as paired in the bluetooth other devices section even tho my...
  8. Why am I losing media control via Bluetooth?

Why am I losing media control via Bluetooth?: Hello . I have a problem with my BT headphone Amp. When connected via USB cable all is great and working but as soon as they are connected via BT after like a minute I'm losing media controls- Play/Pause and volume is only controlled in amp- Windows mixer is not reacting ....
  9. Xbox One controller via Bluetooth

Xbox One controller via Bluetooth: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox One controller connecting to my PC via Bluetooth. Not a serious problem, but still a problem: I can connect my controller to my PC via Bluetooth and everything is okay. The problem is that when I don't use the controller it goes to sleep...
  10. Bluetooth Headset Media Controls with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack

Bluetooth Headset Media Controls with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack: Hello! I recently installed the latest version of the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack (v9.10.32T) for one of my desired applications to properly function. However, connecting my Bluetooth headphones through Toshiba's bluetooth manager does not seem to support the media buttons on...