Windows 10: Why am I not able to connect to my computer's WIFI hotspot?

Discus and support Why am I not able to connect to my computer's WIFI hotspot? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello.I turn on the WiFi hotspot in the computer and I can find it in every devices, but I'm not able to connect to it. When I try to connect with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aliabdollahi, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Why am I not able to connect to my computer's WIFI hotspot?

Hello.I turn on the WiFi hotspot in the computer and I can find it in every devices, but I'm not able to connect to it. When I try to connect with my phone it stuck in "obtaining IP address..." and doesn't connect.I tried these and it worked for a few hours but after I restarted the PC, it was the same as usual!netsh winsock reset catalog reset winsock entriesnetsh int ip reset reset.log hit reset TCP/IP stack

:)

aliabdollahi, Feb 2, 2022

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Why am I not able to connect to my computer's WIFI hotspot? [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Feb 2, 2022
  3. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

Hi,

I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot.

kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue.

RAHULSHARMA6989, Feb 2, 2022
  4. Why am I not able to connect to my computer's WIFI hotspot?

Wifi Hotspot Connectivity Problem.

After upgrading to Win10; my laptop (Sony Vaio VPCEB44EN) is not able to find mobile hotspot network in available wi-fi list. I tried so many times but sometimes its shows the hotspot network and connects but no internet access comes and most of the time
    I cant find hotspot network in wifi list.

Kartikisbest, Feb 2, 2022
Thema:

Why am I not able to connect to my computer's WIFI hotspot?

1. Why am I not able to connect to my computer's WIFI hotspot? - Similar Threads - Why able connect

2. Why am I able to connect to my guest wifi but not my main wifi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I able to connect to my guest wifi but not my main wifi?: Hello,So I recentally encounter this problem where I'm able to connect to my guest wifi and my hotspot, but for some reason I can't connect to my main wifi. Whenever I do connect to the main wifi, I alway get "No Internet, Secured". I've tried like every possible thing I...
  3. Why am I able to connect to my guest wifi but not my main wifi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I able to connect to my guest wifi but not my main wifi?: Hello,So I recentally encounter this problem where I'm able to connect to my guest wifi and my hotspot, but for some reason I can't connect to my main wifi. Whenever I do connect to the main wifi, I alway get "No Internet, Secured". I've tried like every possible thing I...
  4. Not able to connect using LAN, Wifi and monile Hotspot in my Laptop

Not able to connect using LAN, Wifi and monile Hotspot in my Laptop: Hello Support Team,I have having HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC installed with Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit and suddenly stopped connecting to any network. I am trying to connect with LAN Cable/Wifi and Mobile Hotspot but in all the cases it does not connect. I applied...
  5. Why am I not able to connect to my computer's WIFI hotspot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I not able to connect to my computer's WIFI hotspot?: Hello.I turn on the WiFi hotspot in the computer and I can find it in every devices, but I'm not able to connect to it. When I try to connect with my phone it stuck in "obtaining IP address..." and doesn't connect.I tried these and it worked for a few hours but after I...
  6. Why am I not able to connect to my computer's WIFI hotspot?

Why am I not able to connect to my computer's WIFI hotspot?: Hello.I turn on the WiFi hotspot in the computer and I can find it in every devices, but I'm not able to connect to it. When I try to connect with my phone it stuck in "obtaining IP address..." and doesn't connect.I tried these and it worked for a few hours but after I...
  7. Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop..: Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-my-mobiles-wifi-hotspot-to-my/cf99fadf-79fa-4533-ba23-2adcecc5c667
  8. Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop..

Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop..: Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-my-mobiles-wifi-hotspot-to-my/cf99fadf-79fa-4533-ba23-2adcecc5c667
  9. Why do I have to reset my connection for WiFi but not for a hotspot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do I have to reset my connection for WiFi but not for a hotspot?: I’ve been using a hotspot for nearly two weeks in Windows 10, but suddenly I keep needing to reset the adapter when the internet was connected. I’m not sure if I need to ask this on the HP forum....
  10. I am not able to login in my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am not able to login in my wifi: Last month I have setup wifi in windows 10 but somehow i forget password of wifi and can't remember it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-login-in-my-wifi/f08355dd-0897-4e43-893b-1766a79fde94