Windows 10: Why am I not able to play local video files on windows 10 with video output?

Discus and support Why am I not able to play local video files on windows 10 with video output? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys I am facing this weird issue for the past few months whenever I try to play a video using VLC or windows default video player I only hear the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IshaanVerma17, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Why am I not able to play local video files on windows 10 with video output?

Hey guys I am facing this weird issue for the past few months whenever I try to play a video using VLC or windows default video player I only hear the sound the video doesn't display at all not to mention I can perfectly play online videos without any hassle I have this issue only with the local video files please suggest me a possible solution to my problem, thanks

My laptop configurations are listed below

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5CPU M450 @2.40Ghz 2.40Ghz

Installed memory (RAM): 3.00 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

:)

IshaanVerma17, Sep 28, 2019

2. Video Streaming and Local Video Playing problem in Windows 10

I have tried updating my video driver as suggested in the community post yet nothing really worked. Are there any other means to resolve the video playing problem in streaming videos and local videos in windows 10? My laptop is Asus x452e

ArchieSch. P., Sep 28, 2019
  3. No sound when playing video files on Windows 10

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. When do get the error "this app can't run on this computer"?
    3. Is the sound working fine in Audio files?
    4. What is the make and model number of your computer?

5) What is the format of Video files that you are trying to play? (You may refer to
      File types supported by Windows Media Player).

Meanwhile, download a new video file from the internet and check if the audio is coming from that video file.

Also, copy those video files onto a USB and play them on another computer and check if you are able to hear audio from thos video files.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Fix sound problems in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Why am I not able to play local video files on windows 10 with video output?

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Why am I not able to play local video files on windows 10 with video output?

1. Why am I not able to play local video files on windows 10 with video output? - Similar Threads - Why able play

2. I am not able to play video on my 'HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to play video on my 'HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs1: Getting Error or Notice Like this in Video player "Notice, current graphic card is [ IntelR UHD Graphics 620 ].Your device has another card with more hardware resource, just check the card settings....
  3. I am not able to play video on my 'HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to play video on my 'HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs1: Getting Error or Notice Like this in Video player "Notice, current graphic card is [ IntelR UHD Graphics 620 ].Your device has another card with more hardware resource, just check the card settings....
  4. why I am not able to play videos in telegram and particular sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why I am not able to play videos in telegram and particular sites: Whenever I used to play any video that is bigger than 19 minutes on telegram , it only shows buffering , video cant be played on telegram and also on several sites same conditions occurs. Even though I had super fast network connection ,videos cant be played...
  5. why I am not able to play videos in telegram and particular sites

why I am not able to play videos in telegram and particular sites: Whenever I used to play any video that is bigger than 19 minutes on telegram , it only shows buffering , video cant be played on telegram and also on several sites same conditions occurs. Even though I had super fast network connection ,videos cant be played...
  6. Why am i seeing a black screen whenever i play a video ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why am i seeing a black screen whenever i play a video ?: So After recent updates of windows 2004 there's a new bug of video playing with a blank screen on it , basically we cant see the video that we're playing it's all blank it with a black screen but we can hear the audio and see the captions, the drivers and everything is upto...
  7. i i am not able to record video .

i i am not able to record video .: hi i am not able to record video in my laptop which is ACER-ASPIRE-3. I RELLY DONT NO WHAT HAPPENED.IT IS JUST 1 YEAR TAKEN THE LAPTOP AND I AM FACING THE ISSUE. PLEASE HELP ME I WANT TO RECORD VIDEO FOR MY YOUTUBE CARRIER PLS HELP ME IN SOLVING THIS .. I AM...
  8. I am not able to play my videos that I ordered. 0xc3360190

I am not able to play my videos that I ordered. 0xc3360190: I am not able to play my videos that I ordered. I don't want a refund I just want to play the videos that are on my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xc3360190/42fc3df6-cc0f-405b-b94a-27a3090eb588
  9. Video and audio files are not playing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video and audio files are not playing on Windows 10: Video and audio file are not playing in Windows 10 I have tried every possible video and audio player the file working for 30 to 40 sec and stops. I am able to online video without any issue and play high end game but these two video and audio files are not playing. Please...
  10. Playing video .iso files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playing video .iso files in Windows 10: I have Windows 10. How do I mount and play a video .iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/playing-video-iso-files-in-windows-10/85958a83-02d7-4828-beee-3756fb53f559

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why am i not able to play videos